Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXXII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
16. Quote of the week: One executive, asked if he thought Nick Robertson is getting a showcase in Toronto, replied, “There’s 20 scouts watching the Marlies every night.”

We have talked about young center prospects. Nic Robertsson’s name is mentioned in Toronto ( 32 thoughts).

I think he would be a great add to the depth chart. He has been a wing after turning pro but was a center before that. Definitely think he makes more sense at C. We don’t have what Toronto is looking for, and these things that may make sense in theory but are a bit complicated almost never happen, but if someone is looking for more upside than Nic R, I wouldn’t mind sending Kravy for Robertsson in a 3-way deal (with Toronto getting a vet, and the team giving up the vet getting Kravy).

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I would love a lateral move of Kravtsov and lundkvist for Kupari and turcotte. Kupari has speed to burn and is a fellow fin that would help Kakko immensely. We need speed in this lineup. We don’t anymore shitty skaters.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I would love a lateral move of Kravtsov and lundkvist for Kupari and turcotte. Kupari has speed to burn and is a fellow fin that would help Kakko immensely. We need speed in this lineup. We don’t anymore shitty skaters.
why has Kupari struggled to produce at the AHL?

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014

We have talked about young center prospects. Nic Robertsson’s name is mentioned in Toronto ( 32 thoughts).

I think he would be a great add to the depth chart. He has been a wing after turning pro but was a center before that. Definitely think he makes more sense at C. We don’t have what Toronto is looking for, and these things that may make sense in theory but are a bit complicated almost never happen, but if someone is looking for more upside than Nic R, I wouldn’t mind sending Kravy for Robertsson in a 3-way deal (with Toronto getting a vet, and the team giving up the vet getting Kravy).
It makes way too much sense for the Rangers. I’ve been mentioning his name a lot lately.

Reactions: Ola

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Radulov as a cap dump aka we are paid to take him is exactly the move the Rangers should be making. Sit him in the press box send him down trade him to another team at 50% for a f***in 7th who cares…as long as that’s the thinking haha.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Good find on the shooting percentage. It may be a combination of a few things. He's also not playing with the top players in Dallas anymore in general so he may not be finding the same quality of chances
He was recently bumped up to play with Seguin and Benn, likely since they don't really have another top 6 winger. Seems like they've been rotating a lot of things besides Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski. Kiviranta was getting run there. Clearly they want a top 6 winger to help on their push.

They probably want 2 rentals actually. They don't really have much time in their contention window. Pavelski isn't going to produce like this much longer. As soon as next year, the full transition away from Benn and Seguin is taking place and they become 3rd line types.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I could see Krav going to the Kings for Kupari or Vilardi. Not sure which would be, but it makes sense on the surface. Of course, that is if the Kings think they can get more out of Krav. I will say that playing in Ontario is much nicer then Hartford.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I feel like the Rangers and Kings scout each other heading up to the deadline every year just to mess with fans.

That being said, the Rangers obviously don't love their mix of centers within the org and the Kings have an abundance of them. The Kings could use some LD and the Rangers have decent strength there. So the teams potentially line up on paper. That being said, teams usually don't like to make those deals. If you deal a prospect for another prospect and you wind up with the one that busts and the guy you sent away blows up it puts an ugly mark on your record.

Reactions: Lion Hound

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Giroux most likely going to Florida Dreger saying Tippet being held out. My guess is Tippet, a 2 and a conditional 2 that becomes a 1 if conditions

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
He's not a generational player or we have comletely different meanings. Either way, being a hall of famer is great.. He's a great player. He's not what this team needs.

We can move him to Center and have 2 teams eat 50% to make it work.
He’s the best American player to ever play the game. If that’s not generational then nothing is. The downsizing of his talent is asinine. He would be the best forward on this team instantly.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Thank You! The team you see right now is going to be basically the same one the Rangers ice for the next 3-4 years, with the major difference most likely being a different player than Strome at 2C, presumably one thats better and more well rounded but we'll see. Not sure what the "stand pat" group think is changing between now and "when our window opens in 2 years". The only difference will be that all our players are 2 years older. Our blue chippers are all in the NHL and our stars are humming, what exactly are we waiting on?
Our Blue Chippers are still developing. Call me crazy but I'm thinking Miller, Lafreniere, Kakko, Schneider and maybe even Fox, will all be much better players in a year or two... plus they may actually have some real playoff experience which they do not have now. And we may have a couple of guys from amongst the Cuylle, Othmann, Berard, etc, contingent breaking in with positive results.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He was recently bumped up to play with Seguin and Benn, likely since they don't really have another top 6 winger. Seems like they've been rotating a lot of things besides Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski. Kiviranta was getting run there. Clearly they want a top 6 winger to help on their push.

They probably want 2 rentals actually. They don't really have much time in their contention window. Pavelski isn't going to produce like this much longer. As soon as next year, the full transition away from Benn and Seguin is taking place and they become 3rd line types.

They change the lines after L1 every game on that team. Today they are going with:

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Peterson-Seguin-Glendening
Studenic-Benn-Gurianov
Raffl-Faksa-Radulov

Anyway, Radulov would be a good add. He's an upgrade on most of our bottom six. Has been a good scorer in the past despite not so much anymore. Is generally a good play driving player and certainly is the gritty type. The downside to him is that he takes a lot of penalties. Considering we have roughly infinite cap space and the cost will be minimal if anything there's really no reason not to acquire a bunch of guys like this and let them battle it out for roster spots.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Florida's really gonna risk it all here.

I mean they're only 2 playoff runs away from being in the same boat as Tampa where they have to start dealing away their depth guys on good contracts to keep their big time guys. Might as well load up now and gamble. Recoup the assets you gave up when you need to deal guys like Reinhart, Bennett, Duclair, or Verhaeghe to fit Huberdeau's next contract.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I thought the prices paid for Chiarot, Manson and Jarnkrok were all really high. High like in ”we are all in this year and damn the future”. Higher than I would have been comfortable for with this team. I don’t see the Rangers being “all in“ this year. That doesn’t preclude a magical run in the playoffs but I don’t see this as the year I would go that route. Calagary may lose Gaudreau next year. Colorado is going to have to pay Kadri this year and MacKinnon next year. Florida has Barkov’s new contract kicking in and eventually they will have to pay Huberdeau. All inflection points.

The Rangers are much like Tampa was a couple of years ago. They really don’t need any stars, they need grunts. Trade accordingly.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Florida should be selling instead of buying. Moneypuck has them with a 12% chance to win the cup. What's the point? Sell the assets and rebuild a better team in the future.

That’s what they have done for ages. The team is playing great now and they are cup contenders as is. It’s definitely time for them to go all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad