Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
All the concern about our D And where Nils plays is premature.

Best case scenario is Nils and Jones are great and they both play PP1 or PP2. We don’t need TRouba on any pp.

And best scenario for Fox would be if he didn’t need to play much pp. he’s so good at other things. Leave pp to guys who need it. Like Nils, or maybe Jones or Miller.

Fox gets more even strength and pk. Utilizing him better.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
He just won the Norris.
I am...
You’re the only person that’s still this hung up on what happened in the bubble, and that 3 game sample size isn’t relevant at all.

There’s so many other factors that went into it between the team’s inexperience and completely having the wind taken out from under their sails after their hot streak in the second half. It was a team in flux with depth issues as a byproduct of them being the youngest team in the league and having older, worse players in key spots. Quinn didn’t do himself any favors either not being able to adjust once Fast was hurt.

They’re a better team today than they were two years ago and have a much better coach. Complaining about it is basically comparing apples and oranges since they’re not the same team.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Soo, being named the best defenseman in the league with another season under his belt has you more concerned?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Regular season means shit vs playoffs in the real world so whenever you're ready to join, let me know.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Chytil needs Strome or Goodrow next to him for faceoffs is only issue. Play Strome at RW maybe on line 2. Goodrow at 3c with Kravtsov at RW. Or Goodrow at 2RW instead.
Goodrow on the second line is like Ortmeyer playing with Lindros. Chytil bad at faceoffs? Can we fix that? That's what I mean by invest in youth for a year. If that's something that really makes Chytil not a good option at 2C, trade him. But know you are losing Zib and probably Strome soon so if you don't invest in Chytil, then you are fully replenishing center depth via trade.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You’re the only person that’s still this hung up on what happened in the bubble, and that 3 game sample size isn’t relevant at all.

There’s so many other factors that went into it between the team’s inexperience and completely having the wind taken out from under their sails after their hot streak in the second half. It was a team in flux with depth issues as a byproduct of them being the youngest team in the league and having older, worse players in key spots. Quinn didn’t do himself any favors either not being able to adjust once Fast was hurt.

They’re a better team today than they were two years ago and have a much better coach. Complaining about it is basically comparing apples and oranges since they’re not the same team.

Blah blah blah.. I'm not complaining.
Just bringing up a concern

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The bubble was three games with an immature team.

A return to the postseason after a long layoff with a young team is always tough. It’s a new experience.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Q
Goodrow on the second line is like Ortmeyer playing with Lindros. Chytil bad at faceoffs? Can we fix that? That's what I mean by invest in youth for a year. If that's something that really makes Chytil not a good option at 2C, trade him. But know you are losing Zib and probably Strome soon so if you don't invest in Chytil, then you are fully replenishing center depth via trade.

Faceoffs aren’t big deal in that sense. Lots of good centers need early help at faceoffs. Elias Pettersson needs JT Miller for now. Wheeler made career being a faceoffs winger. Kuznetzov still needs help. Chytil going to be too good to make that a reason to trade him.

I’d be fine with Strome at 2RW on Chytil wing.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Guys, Lundkvist and Schneider have been discussed to have the ability to play both sides. Jones does as well. There is no rush to move anyone as really maybe only Lundkvist is NHL ready out of the entire group. The smart play is to continue letting guys develop and get a more clear picture of what they can be.

For example, and I love Lindgren, but if Miller comes in this year and becomes an absolute monster with Fox pushing Lindgren down, perhaps he becomes a high end trade chip to make room and being in a high end center.

In Junior all the forwards can play all three positions and defensemen often just slot in what’s available. I’ve always thought there are fundamental disadvantages with playing on your off side in the NHL, for example chasing down pucks in the corner and turning around for a quick breakout pass, on your strong side you are facing up ice the whole time but on your off side your back is facing up ice the whole time

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The bubble was three games with an immature team.

A return to the postseason after a long layoff with a young team is always tough. It’s a new experience.

They were immature compared to this year? Lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
One thing I'm super curious to see is Fox vs Nils in a playoff atmosphere.

This is going to be a very unpopular opinion but I'm not totally sold on Fox defensively just yet.

I know he won the Norris but he hasn't done shit in the playoffs except disappear in the bubble.

What kind of player are we gonna have during the playoffs?

Does Nils displace him with a more rounded game?

Regular season phenom or the total package?

DIS-CUSS!
Fox is a beast defensively. I don’t know where your getting this. The whole team didn’t show up for the bubble. But his positions is near flawless and he hardly ever takes penalties.
If lundkvist is half the defender Fox is we’ll be in good shape. That would make us have perhaps one of the smartest D corps in the league

Reactions: mas0764

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Fox is a beast defensively. I don’t know where your getting this. The whole team didn’t show up for the bubble. But his positions is near flawless and he hardly ever takes penalties

A beast defensively? He's slippery when it comes to getting hit.
I want to see it in the playoffs before we give this kid a stupid contract.
That's all

Reactions: bleedblue94

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We didn’t have any playoff games this year, but the collective playoff experience with that group was next to none

He wasn't exactly a difference maker either in those 3 games was he?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
A beast defensively? He's slippery when it comes to getting hit.
I want to see it in the playoffs before we give this kid a stupid contract.
That's all
Yes, excellent man to man, excellent with his stick, and as far as vision goes, he sees plays 2 steps ahead.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Q

Faceoffs aren’t big deal in that sense. Lots of good centers need early help at faceoffs. Elias Pettersson needs JT Miller for now. Wheeler made career being a faceoffs winger. Kuznetzov still needs help. Chytil going to be too good to make that a reason to trade him.

I’d be fine with Strome at 2RW on Chytil wing.
Def agree on chytil staying in the middle. 4 years and counting right now. I’m really worried about strome, whether it be on the wing or at C. I don’t hate the player, but I can see him having another solid year numbers wise, and being strome in every other facet on the ice.
If that happens, the likelihood of him getting a contract that’s grotesque goes up 10-fold.
I’d actually like to see him shipped out sooner rather then later.
I also think Barrons destiny in the NHL lies at C. Whether it’s with the big club this year, or if they send him back to the A to get heavy 1st line minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad