Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Just getting this hot take off my chest for the night.

Zibanejad isn't worth $10m per? Agreed.

Neither is Jack Eichel. Healthy or otherwise.

Buffalo over paid him. That's on them.

I dont for one minute value him over Zibanejad at that cap number, let alone, the cost of assets to aquire him.

Frankly, in my opinion they are the same tier of player, just slightly different flavors. Kind of like comparing French Vanilla to Vanilla Bean at the ice cream shoppe.

Gun to my head? I'm staying with the devil I know.
I rather give Zibs 5 years @ 10M than trade for Eichel.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

I dont for one minute value him over Zibanejad at that cap number, let alone, the cost of assets to aquire him.

Frankly, in my opinion they are the same tier of player, just slightly different flavors. Kind of like comparing French Vanilla to Vanilla Bean at the ice cream shoppe.

Medical records will tell all..

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yes, I did read it. My guess is as good as yours as to his intentions. He could be gearing up for SEL for all we know. No need to get snooty about whether I read.
Didn’t mean to be snotty. Thought you just looked at the picture

Reactions: will1066

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You need to blow off some steam. Have a drink or something. You've been on edge for weeks :laugh:
I'm on a wait list to see a surgeon for my torn ACL, can't play hockey which is normally my outlet and I am a very high energy person. I have a stomach ulcer right now and can't eat anything but yogurt, bread & vegetables. All this on top of Drury inflicting all this emotional trauma on me :laugh:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'm on a wait list to see a surgeon for my torn ACL, can't play hockey which is normally my outlet and I am a very high energy person. I have a stomach ulcer right now and can't eat anything but yogurt, bread & vegetables. All this on top of Drury inflicting all this emotional trauma on me :laugh:

Damn man.. Kick back and relax a bit.
We may not win the cup but this team will be much better this year..No doubt

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Im not saying a deal is close, im just saying this feels like the Nash trade where theres 2 teams staring each other down waiting for the other to blink
FAir. Except i think there’s 4 or 5 teams staring SAbres down. Some who probably do want him more than Rangers, and all with a serious chance.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

Yikes. Best of luck. I hope your family allows you to get the surgery you need. Jk.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm not looking for anything special or new out of Kreider.

I'm looking for him to get back to where he was and what he's already done.

He looked like somebody just shot his dog the whole past season.

Kreider stepped up when Panarin was out. 8 goals, 3 assists in the 9 games Panarin missed.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

I think they are both worth 10M per. The problem is the constant overpaying of players lower down the lineups.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I do think nils is a very good prospect. I don’t see where he gets the opportunity to showcase and develop all the excellent things he can do if he’s on 3rd pair, playing 3rd pair minutes for longer then 1 season. I see only 2 conclusions with him.
1- he’s moved to the left where he can assume a top 4 role as early as next year( which would likely make Miller available)
2- he’s traded for a high end C

There’s no room for Nils at LD either.

Don’t see why he can’t play PP2 and pair 3. If he’s good enough he could move into PP1. Would allow Fox more rest, pk, even strength, and PP2 time. Hitch I think would benefit the team.

Fox doesn’t need to stay on PP1 if someone else is as good or better.

And theoretically Trouba could be pushed to 3rd pair if others play better. But TRouba does not require any pp time at all if they play better either. None of that set in stone. We could end next season with FOx on pp2 and TRouba on no pp at all.

Schneider needs to force his way on if he’s moving ahead of any. He might’ve end up staying in ahl all year.

Jones stands as much chance of overtaking 3rd pair LD as anyone.

None written in stone. And we can find time for at least 2 rookie D to get some time. We have no way to tell right now what our D or pp looks like.

Last edited:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Kreider stepped up when Panarin was out. 8 goals, 3 assists in the 9 games Panarin missed.

It shouldn't take a catastrophe in order for Kreider to step up his game.
It's either that or when he's pissed off.
He's on vacation the rest of the time.
That's what irks the hell out of me.
I'd never put a letter on him..

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I think they are both worth 10M per. The problem is the constant overpaying of players lower down the lineups.

You don't think the ~9.35M for Goodrow, Reaves, Blais, Nemeth is cap space well spent?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Ok. So, as I see it right now.

A.) Trade for Dvorak.
B.) Hockey trade with Nils, to land a comparable center. ( Krebs, Turcotte etc )
C.) Self rent Strome and see how the team progresses with Gallant.
D.) Trade Strome and say a prayer for Chytil @ 2C

I'm OK with A, B and C.

Reactions: skipmowerman

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
L
There’s no room for Nils at LD either.

Don’t see why he can’t play PP2 and pair 3. If he’s good enough he could move into PP1. Would allow Fox more rest, pk, even strength, and PP2 time. Hitch I think would benefit the team.

Fox doesn’t need to stay on PP1 if someone else is as good or better.

And theoretically Trouba could be pushed to 3rd pair if others play better. But TRouba does not require any pp time at all if they play better either. None of that set in stone. We could end next season with FOx on pp2 and TRouba on no pp at all.

Schneider needs to force his way on if he’s moving ahead of any. He might’ve end up staying in ahl all year.

Jones stands as much chance of overtaking 3rd pair LD as anyone.

None written in stone. And we can find time for at least 2 rookie D to get some time. We have no way to tell right now what our D or pp looks like.

PP2 gets like 19 seconds, and almost no set up time. I’m sure he’ll be on it, but that’s like wasting one of his best attributes. Trouba is better then People think. He’s an important player for us. Lundkvist would have a much easier time stealing a spot for top 4 min from lindgren or Miller. Though lindgren is unlikely.
The main problem is that Schneider is forcing his way in. He’s coming hard and fast. That’s the MO the rangers want on Their D. Fox and big mobile d that can play physical. Schneider is the complete package and could be a monster on offense too, who knows.
The writing is pretty much on the wall. If lundkvist can switch to LD at some point this year or starting next season he’s likely trade bait. Great prospect but similar to what Jones and Fox are in our system, style wise. Schneider ain’t getting moved. Not with his size, nasty, talent. Trouba can’t be moved for 3 years, and Fox will likely literally play all the minutes they would deploy lundkvist in.
I do think it’s at least a possibility that Lundkvist is smart/ talented enough to make the the switch and possibly make Miller expendable. He would also bring back a lot of value.
But giving up that size, talent package is going to be to for the FO

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
L

PP2 gets like 19 seconds, and almost no set up time. I’m sure he’ll be on it, but that’s like wasting one of his best attributes. Trouba is better then People think. He’s an important player for us. Lundkvist would have a much easier time stealing a spot for top 4 min from lindgren or Miller. Though lindgren is unlikely.
The main problem is that Schneider is forcing his way in. He’s coming hard and fast. That’s the MO the rangers want on Their D. Fox and big mobile d that can play physical. Schneider is the complete package and could be a monster on offense too, who knows.
The reason our PP2 was bad last year is because it had bad powerplay players on it. Other teams' 2nd units had success with similar opportunity.

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
L

Nah. We have a new coach now. You can’t base it on previous coaching moves.

Gallant probably will split time better. We have a RD spot open for Nils. HE can get plenty of time there under Gallant.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Nah. We have a new coach now. You can’t base it on previous coaching moves.

Gallant probably will split time better. We have a RD spot open for Nils. HE can get plenty of time there under Gallant.
I think he’s 100% is fine/safe at RD for this season. Next year is where the traffic jam occurs.
That’s if they don’t make a deal with him in it prior to that, and it’s not looking like they will

Reactions: brakeyawself

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I really don't see Zib signing an extension (trade or no trade) we'd be happy with. He's not going to give up money or control of where he ends up so I say just keep him and trade him at the TDL for a ransom. I'd invest in Chytil and Kratsov by playing them with Panarin. Kreider-Strome did well together when Panarin was out. I think Blais would be a good compliment for those two. I'd take the risk of playing our kids, increasing their value, and then trading up where necessary.

Laf-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Strome-Blais
Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I'm not looking for anything special or new out of Kreider.

I'm looking for him to get back to where he was and what he's already done.

He looked like somebody just shot his dog the whole past season.

The “whole past season” feels like an exaggeration. His game fell off hard at the end, but he still scored 20 goals in 50 games. That would have been a career high if he kept that pace.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Ok. So, as I see it right now.

A.) Trade for Dvorak.
B.) Hockey trade with Nils, to land a comparable center. ( Krebs, Turcotte etc )
C.) Self rent Strome and see how the team progresses with Gallant.
D.) Trade Strome and say a prayer for Chytil @ 2C

I'm OK with A, B and C.

A) is not likely now. Price too high. This would be best option if price came down.

B) this is our best option imo. WE don’t really need Nils.

C). Meh

D) 2nd best option.

Chytil was our best 5x5 and even strength center per atoi last year. He’s way more ready than many seem to think.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I really don't see Zib signing an extension (trade or no trade) we'd be happy with. He's not going to give up money or control of where he ends up so I say just keep him and trade him at the TDL for a ransom. I'd invest in Chytil and Kratsov by playing them with Panarin. Kreider-Strome did well together when Panarin was out. I think Blais would be a good compliment for those two. I'd take the risk of playing our kids, increasing their value, and then trading up where necessary.

Laf-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Strome-Blais
Goodrow-Rooney-Reaves

Chytil needs Strome or Goodrow next to him for faceoffs is only issue. Play Strome at RW maybe on line 2. Goodrow at 3c with Kravtsov at RW. Or Goodrow at 2RW instead.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Guys, Lundkvist and Schneider have been discussed to have the ability to play both sides. Jones does as well. There is no rush to move anyone as really maybe only Lundkvist is NHL ready out of the entire group. The smart play is to continue letting guys develop and get a more clear picture of what they can be.

For example, and I love Lindgren, but if Miller comes in this year and becomes an absolute monster with Fox pushing Lindgren down, perhaps he becomes a high end trade chip to make room and being in a high end center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad