Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
many posters also want to plans for 6-7 years and beyond down the line. It’s just not realistic.

But isn't this what the letter actually promised for once? That we were going to make plans to build into a long term contender? Doesn't that imply that everything is going to have an eye on 5-10 years down the line?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The thing is players don't want to sit behind other players if they think it's holding them and their earnings back
If Lundkvist is a fantastic D with a big upside but is stuck behind Fox he's going to want out at some point or price himself out of NY
Fox plays 27 minutes on the top pair, Lundkvist plays 23 minutes on the next pair. Both can play on the #1 PP unit if he is that good offensively as well. Problem solved.

Reactions: Cag29 and mas0764

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The letter was ripped up on May 5.

Yeah, but it's not that "it's not realistic," to plan down the line. It's that this owner doesn't want to. Simple as that.

Many posters want to plan for long term competition and contender status because it is in fact wise and foreseeable. Just because the Rangers don't choose to do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
But isn't this what the letter actually promised for once? That we were going to make plans to build into a long term contender? Doesn't that imply that everything is going to have an eye on 5-10 years down the line?

That letter went out over 3 years ago and they are still in the process of building the team. I don't get the issue here. We will likely be a contender in the very near future and for several years after.

Reactions: egelband

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
That letter went out over 3 years ago and they are still in the process of building the team. I don't get the issue here. We will likely be a contender in the very near future and for several years after.

Right....? I was addressing that it's unrealistic to plan for down the line 5, 6, 7 years.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Right, but I think the point was that you're still going to get a few 2-3 week vanishing acts from him. Regardless of his HC.

Kreider is who he is at this point in his career.

Definitely. He is streaky and inconsistent but still winds up with decent numbers. He had 20 goals in 50 games last year. Maybe Gallant can get him to not take a 2 week vacation.

Reactions: Cag29

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
The thing is players don't want to sit behind other players if they think it's holding them and their earnings back
If Lundkvist is a fantastic D with a big upside but is stuck behind Fox he's going to want out at some point or price himself out of NY
Or one of the two of them Fox or Nils should land us a 1c.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I expect and hope Gallant turns Kreider into the best 3rd line LWer money can buy. Also hoping he stays healthy long enough for his LMNC to kick in 22-23. Ditto for Trouba. Want Gallant to get the most out of both of them... so they can be replaced.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Not only that but if we AREN'T planning 5 plus yrs down the line then why do we (Gorton & Drury) keep handing out NMCs?

Yeah, the players want them... of course they do!

Kreider should NOT have one... Goodrow should NOT have one.

You save that shit for Panarin and ok Trouba because we didn't have anyone like him in the system... ok.

We can't have it both ways.

We can't say "The cap will figure itself out" while we have 6 guys who CAN'T be moved and then another 5 guys we would NEVER want to move.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I expect and hope Gallant turns Kreider into the best 3rd line LWer money can buy. Also hoping he stays healthy long enough for his LMNC to kick in 22-23. Ditto for Trouba. Want Gallant to get the most out of both of them... so they can be replaced.

I expect them to bump heads.
Kreider is lazy

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Kreider is a top 3 player in the world for about 9 periods a year, a top liner for 20-30 games, and a replacement level forward the rest of the time at even strength.

Lucky for us one of these years he will be the 10th best player on the team and that will be our window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad