Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
this is the type of shit that must be excoriated, then repudiated to the max

NO trading youth for vets
bread will not be re-upped
think ahead for once

Yeah, that MSN sounds like some made up shit to draw clicks.

Rangers are not getting Copp. It doesn't even address a current need (Zibanejad, Trocheck, Chytil, Carrick). Where the hell would he even play.

If Kakko is going anywhere for anything it better be for a decent young center prospect.

Reactions: bernmeister

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
You mean like mackinnon?
Laf was .48 PPG, .2 GPG and had 0 points in 7 playoff games in his contract year.

MacKinnon was .72 PPG, .3 GPG in his contract year. He was also a former Calder trophy winner and had eclipsed 20 goals two out of three professional seasons.

These are massive differences.

But sure... Like MacKinnon.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, that MSN sounds like some made up shit to draw clicks.

Rangers are not getting Copp. It doesn't even address a current need (Zibanejad, Trocheck, Chytil, Carrick). Where the hell would he even play.

If Kakko is going anywhere for anything it better be for a decent young center prospect.
boom shaka laka !!!!
Agree, except while we need to upgrade pivot and D, we have to be careful

bread is not getting crazy $$$$$$$$$$$ to come back regardless of how much cap goes up
if he wants to avoid bad look before he may relent on waiving before last min
not clear what he brings back esp if FL passes now that their top scorer re-upped
but in any event
have to be careful about KK Othmann + Gabe P

I mean if you are doing
LaF + Gabe P + Lindy/Jones
for
Guhle + Reinbacher + Barron

then ok
but otherwise have to be careful

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Would you take a gamble on Shane Wright and trade Kakko for him? I think I might, but unsure, there would be cap savings in there as well. Not saying he's available but he's likely fairly sick of being there by now.

Reactions: 426ers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would you take a gamble on Shane Wright and trade Kakko for him? I think I might, but unsure, there would be cap savings in there as well. Not saying he's available but he's likely fairly sick of being there by now.
A good ?, and I would consider w/an open mind, but first reaction is leaning no.
I would gamble on acquiring SW for correct currency fit, but again, typically most deals we need to keep KK including b'c bread is gonna be gone sooner than later.

edit add: more like Matty Benier fetches KK +++, but that might be a better aim than Wright - who could be a huge wrong.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Really to busy to rest this Labor Day, wish you all well.

Short blurb til tom:

presume Zib gets the message.
We will not accommodate players to hurt our cap position
we are selling moving bread as soon as we have a decent deal
we are selling high on Shesty
so given that, and TOR = legit cup chance + op to play w/Austin Matthews
he relents and waives

Shesty max retained his final yr + Zib full pop + Jones
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljigren

Leafs gamble
- can retain Shesty/is enuf to go deep POs
Zib = mitigates loss of Nyl

we gamble
Quick + Domingue + accelerated Garand can cut it

Kreider - tro - Nyl

presum we temp hold off selling high on LaF, bread
LaF + Knies + Pan

Cuyle - Chytil - KK
bp - Edstrom - Rempe

we up our 3RD

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
A good ?, and I would consider w/an open mind, but first reaction is leaning no.
I would gamble on acquiring SW for correct currency fit, but again, typically most deals we need to keep KK including b'c bread is gonna be gone sooner than later.

edit add: more like Matty Benier fetches KK +++, but that might be a better aim than Wright - who could be a huge wrong.
Benier isn't likely to be available and their ask would be a lot if he was imo. I just kind of look at Kakko as down to his last swing here and if we could trade him for a Wright, a 20 year old with potential, we might get a do-over. It may not work but imo that's the type of trade we should be doing for Kakko instead of getting like a 2nd and whatever for him, Wright has that potential that hasnt come out yet in the nhl. Just my two cents

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Really to busy to rest this Labor Day, wish you all well.

Short blurb til tom:

presume Zib gets the message.
We will not accommodate players to hurt our cap position
we are selling moving bread as soon as we have a decent deal
we are selling high on Shesty
so given that, and TOR = legit cup chance + op to play w/Austin Matthews
he relents and waives

Shesty max retained his final yr + Zib full pop + Jones
for
Nylander + Knies + Liljigren

Leafs gamble
- can retain Shesty/is enuf to go deep POs
Zib = mitigates loss of Nyl

we gamble
Quick + Domingue + accelerated Garand can cut it

Kreider - tro - Nyl

presum we temp hold off selling high on LaF, bread
LaF + Knies + Pan

Cuyle - Chytil - KK
bp - Edstrom - Rempe

we up our 3RD
Where do I sign?

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Benier isn't likely to be available and their ask would be a lot if he was imo. I just kind of look at Kakko as down to his last swing here and if we could trade him for a Wright, a 20 year old with potential, we might get a do-over. It may not work but imo that's the type of trade we should be doing for Kakko instead of getting like a 2nd and whatever for him, Wright has that potential that hasnt come out yet in the nhl. Just my two cents
I don't think of "Kakko as down to his last swing here".
Yes, Benier will cost WAAAYYYY more if available at all, but my pt remains, unless we are getting sufficiently reliable return alleviating risk, don't want to move KK for a ?.

Wright still "has potential" but unlike KK, we know his story, SW = risk.
Enquire yes, but proceed w/caution.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Where do I sign?
Get Dolan to relegate Drury to executive assistant.
Have @RangerBoy appointed GM
Have me as creative consultant for trades

easy peasy, no prob

It would help if my theory in restructuring the international monetary system got traction, so everybody go to my site and buy a copy.
if it replaced the status quo, it could then be worth billions
maybe Jimmy D takes my offer, I'd own NYR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Laf was .48 PPG, .2 GPG and had 0 points in 7 playoff games in his contract year.

MacKinnon was .72 PPG, .3 GPG in his contract year. He was also a former Calder trophy winner and had eclipsed 20 goals two out of three professional seasons.

These are massive differences.

But sure... Like MacKinnon.
Compare even strength? Because again and again those of who have preached patience with Laf (and were right) pointed to his even strength numbers.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
boom shaka laka !!!!
Agree, except while we need to upgrade pivot and D, we have to be careful

bread is not getting crazy $$$$$$$$$$$ to come back regardless of how much cap goes up
if he wants to avoid bad look before he may relent on waiving before last min
not clear what he brings back esp if FL passes now that their top scorer re-upped
but in any event
have to be careful about KK Othmann + Gabe P

I mean if you are doing
LaF + Gabe P + Lindy/Jones
for
Guhle + Reinbacher + Barron

then ok
but otherwise have to be careful
That's an awful trade for the Rangers,they give up the 2 best pieces for players who won't ever reach their levels

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
don't see how you draw that conclusion
Rein = possible Brian Leetch lite
Guhle is already a solid LD

gotta give to get
Reinbacher has stagnated in his development so far.calling him Leetch lite is disrespectful to Leetch.I wouldn't touch that trade at all.im all for upgrading through trades,but not this 1

Reactions: majordomo

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Compare even strength? Because again and again those of who have preached patience with Laf (and were right) pointed to his even strength numbers.
Do they give out even strength Calder awards?

"Patience" is very different from signing a player long term. That's the opposite of patience. That's going all in.

Congrats! Some people were right about Laf. +5000 Internet points to them.

Lots of people thought Kakko would break out. Lots of people thought lots of busts would not be busts. Laf did not show he was a key player when he signed that contract. It wasn't just internet trolls, there was talk league wide about how Laf's value was extremely low and he was approaching bust territory.

I'm not sure why so many want to rewrite history.

This isn't my opinion on the subject. This is factual and many articles from that time period express that view.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Reinbacher has stagnated in his development so far.calling him Leetch lite is disrespectful to Leetch.I wouldn't touch that trade at all.im all for upgrading through trades,but not this 1
I admit my sample size is small, but I bet you he'll be here 1.5 yrs and solid/a star coupla yrs after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad