Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Hot take alert: Marner is a better player than Draisaitl. If we weren't already lacking sufficient cap space for the Shesterkin, Lafreniere, and Miller extensions, I would look into trading for Marner.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hot take alert: Marner is a better player than Draisaitl. If we weren't already lacking sufficient cap space for the Shesterkin, Lafreniere, and Miller extensions, I would look into trading for Marner.
From an Oilers perspective, I can understand that it's unrealistic for them to not meet Draiaitl's demands, but that's brutal.

Biggest contract in the league for a guy who is firmly the Scottie Pippen and always will be.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
From an Oilers perspective, I can understand that it's unrealistic for them to not meet Draiaitl's demands, but that's brutal.

Biggest contract in the league for a guy who is firmly the Scottie Pippen and always will be.

Yeah I mean, if I'm the Oilers I have to pay this. Letting him go would be bad business and it's not like they will be an attraction for UFA's. It's Edmonton...

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If we’re talking regular season, sure. If you thought Panarin has bad playoffs… take a look at marner in the playoffs.
Drai puts up points in the playoffs.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Yeah I mean, if I'm the Oilers I have to pay this. Letting him go would be bad business and it's not like they will be an attraction for UFA's. It's Edmonton...

They seem to be an attraction considering they just signed Skinner and Arvidsson to relatively cheap short term deals.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If we’re talking regular season, sure. If you thought Panarin has bad playoffs… take a look at marner in the playoffs.

Yeah the bolded is undeniable.

He's f***ing fire in the playoffs until he inevitably gets hurt (which has happened almost every single run they've been on.)

His overall numbers are unquestionable though. If we got that kind of production out of our big money star we would have won... TWICE.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Yes but unlike Panarin, Marner actually plays defense and can kill penalties so he can be effective even if he isn’t scoring.

But I also agree, if you’re going to make $11AAV or more, you better be scoring in the playoffs.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it feels like exactly nothing is happening this offseason. It's September, do we even have training camp dates?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
ah well what can you do. football is starting soon as well as basketball, seems fine

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Drury might as well have taken a vacation. The only things he did was sign an expendable 4th line C and overpay for a disgruntled, past-his-prime player. The draft was run by Lilley.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
There was a post about prospects series with Flyers. When is it? The regular camp normally opens a week later, no?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad