Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Any scenario in which Trouba is not traded is a non-starter for me. He simply cannot be getting playing time on a Cup contending team next year. Given the unique one year situation we have next season, I am pretty much willing to attach whatever is required to Trouba to move him. We still hear that he actually has value though, so take whatever you can get for as little retention as possible and move on.

Miller - Fox
Jones - Schneider
Lindgren (or New Guy) - New Guy

My top picks for New Guys are Kylington and Matt Roy unless we can get creative and swing a trade vice going the UFA route.

Then throw the kitchen sink at Buffalo for Tuch (Kakko plus whatever the hell else they want) and keep a couple of forward spots open for kids (Edstrom, Rempe, Sykora, Othmann) to rotate through.

The Trouba domino absolutely must fall.

Would you buy out Trouba if he can't be traded?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
No more buy-outs! Gouge a GM for once.

I wouldn't buy Trouba out, deal with picks if neccessary, but I'm certain he can be dumped to a team with cap space or taking a contract back. Time for our GM to step up ... like that will happen.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No more buy-outs! Gouge a GM for once.

I wouldn't buy Trouba out, deal with picks if neccessary, but I'm certain he can be dumped to a team with cap space or taking a contract back. Time for our GM to step up ... like that will happen.

Utah might be our only hope. They want veterans, have 40 mil in cap space and have 0 NHL defensemen under contract. Oh yeah and 17(!) 2nd and 3rd round picks the next 3 years haha. I guess we'll see how limiting Dr. Trouba's NTC is.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Edmonton flames out again because of Skinner, them.
With what money would they pull that off lol?

Yes, there are teams that want a great goalie. And are probably even willing to dish out a big contract. But 12 f***ing million dollars?

As good as Igor might be, probably the best in the league, if Saros (or Ullmark, Markström, take your pick) is available and willing to extend for 8mil AAV, I'd rather do that than Igor at 12. Especially since the last two cups have been won by cheaper goalies. That money needs to go somewhere else.

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Well, Utah will certainly not be on the list, unless she has family there.

I mean, on the other side. A f***ing coach should get to work and help Trouba get his head out of his ass. Maybe he needs less responsibility on the ice ... although he already is the #3 defenseman on the team. Or another LD. He's certainly not top 2 material. But he's physical, actually ok and should get coached better.

Obv the goal is to up the value and get a better deal eventually. He has to be traded until next trade deadline, draft 2025 latest. Recuperate some of what has been given to get him.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Especially since the last two cups have been won by cheaper goalies. That money needs to go somewhere else.

100%, dude we can't have one year of Bread and Igor making 11 and 12 million each. That's ass.

More than Bob? Is that 12 million even true/confirmed anywhere? It's so overkill, it has to be just a fire starter/ trolljob.

I would do anything that needs to be done to keep him off the ice next year. Yes. Swallow the pill.

Buying out your one year captain, is a really bad look.

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Why does Trouba get more hate now than Scott Stevens got for actually doing what people accuse Trouba of doing on a gamely basis

aside from the victim complexes, it was just different times. 90s hockey was a slaughterhouse.

2024 is about as sensitive as it gets, and it's on social media, everyone's shitty opinion.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
If Boyle is reporting accurate information and Igor wants $12M, we need to seriously consider trading him. Can't have any player not named McDavid taking up 14% of your cap.
Sure igor wants 12, he isnt going to get it. Its the beginning of negotiations.

Hellebuyck just signed for $8.5. Thats his comparison.

Vasy signed for $9.5 and Sorokin 8.25

Those are all his comparables.

I think he will get $9.5-$10

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Let's play a game. Let's find a team that won't be on Trouba's NTC AND would have an interest in him. Lots of assumptions coming but here goes.

I assume based on prior history that Trouba will block any trade to Canada. That's 7 teams (MTL/OTT/TOR/EDM/WIN/CAL/VAN) right off the bat. Leaving 8 spots left for him to block. My hunch is that he will ALLOW trades to any Metro team, because I dont think the Rangers would ever trade him in division (MAYBE Columbus because of the Davidson connection).

That leaves 17 teams. VGK/COL/MIN/STL/BOS/FLA/TBL all look to me like teams who wouldn't have interest, don't have cap space, or both.

The list of teams that
1. Have the cap space
2. Have the roster need (suspend your disbelief long enough to acknowledge teams and GMs value Trouba more than fans) and
3. The Rangers would feel ok trading him there

10 teams:

Anaheim
San Jose
Seattle
Chicago
Nashville
Utah
Buffalo
Detroit
Columbus?
Dallas? (don't know where they go from here but they need RD)

I think there is a hockey trade to be made with any of those teams. he can't block all of them.

I would do anything that needs to be done to keep him off the ice next year. Yes. Swallow the pill.

Fair. Im not against it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
With what money would they pull that off lol?

Yes, there are teams that want a great goalie. And are probably even willing to dish out a big contract. But 12 f***ing million dollars?

As good as Igor might be, probably the best in the league, if Saros (or Ullmark, Markström, take your pick) is available and willing to extend for 8mil AAV, I'd rather do that than Igor at 12. Especially since the last two cups have been won by cheaper goalies. That money needs to go somewhere else.

With what ever money they have left over after Draisatl leaves.

Plus it gives them the best chance to knock one out of the way before it happens.

Drai to San Jose as a UFA is about as bad a secret as Shattenkirk to NYR or Hamhius to VAN were.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With what ever money they have left over after Draisatl leaves.

Plus it gives them the best chance to knock one out of the way before it happens.

Drai to San Jose as a UFA is about as bad a secret as Shattenkirk to NYR or Hamhius to VAN were.
Yeah, but the Rangers were still considered (foolishly as it might have been) a contender when Shattenkirk was available.

Is Draisaitl really going to go to a borderline AHL team?

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah, but the Rangers were still considered (foolishly as it might have been) a contender when Shattenkirk was available.

Is Draisaitl really going to go to a borderline AHL team?

Yeah.

They're going to give him a shit load of money, they're going to sell him on the future of the team (1OA coming this year, another high pick in a stacked draft next year) and their owner is German.

If Quinn were still around I'd be skeptical but this one has been in the works for a while. I have no doubt that he's going to want to try to fly solo from McDavid too, especially if they win within the next 2 years.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah.

They're going to give him a shit load of money, they're going to sell him on the future of the team (1OA coming this year, another high pick in a stacked draft next year) and their owner is German.

If Quinn were still around I'd be skeptical but this one has been in the works for a while. I have no doubt that he's going to want to try to fly solo from McDavid too, especially if they win within the next 2 years.

Makes sense why they bit the bullet on Hertl when they did.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Let's play a game. Let's find a team that won't be on Trouba's NTC AND would have an interest in him. Lots of assumptions coming but here goes.

I assume based on prior history that Trouba will block any trade to Canada. That's 7 teams (MTL/OTT/TOR/EDM/WIN/CAL/VAN) right off the bat. Leaving 8 spots left for him to block. My hunch is that he will ALLOW trades to any Metro team, because I dont think the Rangers would ever trade him in division (MAYBE Columbus because of the Davidson connection).

That leaves 17 teams. VGK/COL/MIN/STL/BOS/FLA/TBL all look to me like teams who wouldn't have interest, don't have cap space, or both.

The list of teams that
1. Have the cap space
2. Have the roster need (suspend your disbelief long enough to acknowledge teams and GMs value Trouba more than fans) and
3. The Rangers would feel ok trading him there

10 teams:

Anaheim
San Jose
Seattle
Chicago
Nashville
Utah
Buffalo
Detroit
Columbus?
Dallas? (don't know where they go from here but they need RD)

I think there is a hockey trade to be made with any of those teams. he can't block all of them.

Fair. Im not against it.
I've been harping on Tuba to Dallas for a while. They have nothing on their right side. Tuba for big LHD prospect Lian Bichsel

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If anyone on the Rangers or in the front office share the "it should be us delusion" they should be traded/fired yesterday.

Dominated in 5 of 6 games with Shesty the only reason we didn't get swept.

FOH we should be in the finals.

Seriously???? Like what f***ing planet are you on??

Reactions: DanielBrassard

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If anyone on the Rangers or in the front office share the "it should be us delusion" they should be traded/fired yesterday.

Dominated in 5 of 6 games with Shesty the only reason we didn't get swept.

FOH we should be in the finals.

Seriously???? Like what f***ing planet are you on??

4 of 6.

Anyone is off their rocker if they think games 1 or 2 were blowouts going the other way.

This series ended in 6 as it should have.

Nils Lundqvist will step up!

To what? 15th on the depth chart?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Honestly, after thinking about it, give Kakko the Lafreniere commitment.

Kreider - Mika - Lafreniere
Panarin - Trocheck - Kakko -> All year. Put up or shut up.
Cuylle - Chytil - UFA/Trade
Edstrom - Goodrow - Rempe/Vesey

13th/14th F Brodzinski

Miller / Fox
Lindgren / Schneider
Jones / Trouba

PP1

Panarin - Mika - Lafreniere
Fox - Kreider

Chytil - Trocheck - Kakko
Jones - UFA/Trade

Maybe upgrade and trade rights to Lindgren + 1st 30OA + prospect for top 4 LD.

Unfortunately, I don't think Trouba is going anywhere. We just have to hope he somehow improves.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad