Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I don't expect everyone to agree with me. Especially you when it comes to Zibs, but even if those shots go in, the bottom line is we were outplayed for the majority of games 3-6 & it wasn't pretty. Zibs was a huge part it... no goals in the last 11 games, he was a turnover machine & constantly making poor decisions with the puck. I recall at least a dozen times he missed the net from a bad angle that resulted in the puck deflecting off the glass exiting the zone, killing momentum.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you're someone who can have a rational discussion about Mika that isn't skewed because of your bias for him, so anything that is said which remotely criticizes him, you jump all over without looking at the bigger picture. I applaud your passion & loyalty to the player, but I just happen to see it differently.
Fair point and I agree that he needed to be better.

I am all for criticizing a player fairly but the over the top hyperbole history revisionism by some fans gets me going. I myself are not happy with how he played against Florida.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
My preference is to split Mika and Kreider but to say they can't work together is a bit of a stretch. They've been playing this two man game for too long and it's probably because Kakko/Vatrano/Tarasenko/Wheeler/Wennberg/Roslovic/Kakko again are not top 6 players. That's 4 years worth of wingers and the only one who came close was Vatrano and that was smoke and mirrors mostly. Before that, that line was otherworldly with Buchnevich (still top 6 player) and solid with Zuccarello (still a top 6 player).

I'm just asking people to please remain open minded that actually upgrading the team with a good player, not one we are hoping and praying is good, in that spot will lead to better results. Mika doesnt score 5v5 anymore but neither does the other team. Give him a wing with some offensive talent please. It's not rocket science.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Boyle is reporting accurate information and Igor wants $12M, we need to seriously consider trading him. Can't have any player not named McDavid taking up 14% of your cap.
Is anyone going to be interested in acquiring him (with a big package) if that’s his asking price?

Reactions: UnparalledPark

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Is anyone going to be interested in acquiring him (with a big package) if that’s his asking price?

Yes. Toronto or Edmonton (if Skinner shits the bed next week) would probably move heaven and earth to get him and pay him. Probably more teams too. Some here say goaltending doesnt matter but theyve never experienced inconsistent goaltending (outside of Fourgiev, who was public enemy number one kinda provng my point)

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I'd still keep Trouba. Would rather trade Lindgren cause of what he represents, which is to be continually stapled to Fox when Miller is purpose built to be Fox's partner. You want Lindgren, trade him and sign Dillion for less. Dillion is the exact same type of player, likely cheaper and maybe even better all-around.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why does Trouba get more hate now than Scott Stevens got for actually doing what people accuse Trouba of doing on a gamely basis

Reactions: UnSandvich and Cmox

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'd still keep Trouba. Would rather trade Lindgren cause of what he represents, which is to be continually stapled to Fox when Miller is purpose built to be Fox's partner. You want Lindgren, trade him and sign Dillion for less. Dillion is the exact same type of player, likely cheaper and maybe even better all-around.

It's easier to replace Lindgren, than it would be to trade Troub without attaching assets or taking on another big contract. I'd move both but Im sure this is what Drury is "pondering the orb" over at the moment. I'm confident he has at least the right idea, because the last big inflection point of the roster was the Strome/Copp/Trocheck summer and he hit it out of the park then.

Why does Trouba get more hate now than Scott Stevens got for actually doing what people accuse Trouba of doing on a gamely basis

Because the Rangers get clicks

Reactions: MrAlmost

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The other thing about paying Igor big money is, what are we saving future cap space for at the moment? Fox is signed and Laffy will get his next year. Other than that no one has earned a big extension off their current deals imo. Igor is more important to our current and future success than any other player on the team.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
The figure on Igor's speculated next contract is galatically nuts.

But hey, it's tradition that this team has at least two monstrously stupid contracts.

Mika will hurt badly in couple of years, absolutely unmovable and pls, for the love of god, before you propose a buy-out, go look at the buy-out numbers first, pls.

We can handle one shitty contract. Not more.

We have 3 big time shitty contracts now, and we wont win jack with Bread and Troubs on the books for 11 and 8 millions respectively.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It's easier to replace Lindgren, than it would be to trade Troub without attaching assets or taking on another big contract. I'd move both but Im sure this is what Drury is "pondering the orb" over at the moment. I'm confident he has at least the right idea, because the last big inflection point of the roster was the Strome/Copp/Trocheck summer and he hit it out of the park then.

Because the Rangers get clicks
Any scenario in which Trouba is not traded is a non-starter for me. He simply cannot be getting playing time on a Cup contending team next year. Given the unique one year situation we have next season, I am pretty much willing to attach whatever is required to Trouba to move him. We still hear that he actually has value though, so take whatever you can get for as little retention as possible and move on.

Miller - Fox
Jones - Schneider
Lindgren (or New Guy) - New Guy

My top picks for New Guys are Kylington and Matt Roy unless we can get creative and swing a trade vice going the UFA route.

Then throw the kitchen sink at Buffalo for Tuch (Kakko plus whatever the hell else they want) and keep a couple of forward spots open for kids (Edstrom, Rempe, Sykora, Othmann) to rotate through.

The Trouba domino absolutely must fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad