Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
a 120 point Hart candidate for Niko Mikkola? the same Mikkola who stunk up the joint last year?

Jones/Fox
Miller-Schneider
Gus-Ruhewdehl

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Mika and Panarin aren’t going anywhere. People need to come back down to earth.

Kreiders deal makes him a bargain for his production. Why are we trading him?

IMO it’s about decisions on defense. Specifically the Lindgren decision.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Yes, but only if you play Mikkola on the RW
he did have that really nice series winner of hugging the puck on the boards those last 4 seconds...MVP there

Lindgren, Trouba, Kakko out let's start there. UFAs come on in. Let's not talk about Wennberg and Roslovic who could have scored an empty net goal last night in the 1st ever again

• Haha
Reactions: pld459666

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Getting rid of Mika will be difficult but maybe, maybe not impossible.
After July 1st, Kreider’s limited NTC kicks in. Trade Chris to a team that has large cap room for this season and projected next. Take less in return if needed if one potential team is more desirable location than the others.
Make Mika’s 24/25 season miserable.
13th forward, 4th line assignments take him off the PP.
Hope it motivates him to open his full NTC/NMC.

Still a bit playoff hungover like most but I will post another time why I believe this coming 24/25 season is a perfect time to transition this team.

This is not the 80s or 90s. There is no "making players miserable." Doing things like that is a good way to lose your job and never get another one.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Like other have said I don’t think we have cap to bring in any big star.

I would like to see:
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere
Kreider - Chytil - Othmann
Cuylle - Zibanejad - Kakko
Brodzienski - Goodrow - Rempe

Miller - Fox
Lindgren - Schneider
Jones - Trouba
Lol you just rearranged the deck chairs on the recently sunk titanic. I can’t watch this if this is the team next year, sorry. Negligence. Gross.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
We would still take a contract back.

I rather just bury Trouba for a year and much easier to deal one year of him than 2.

Scheinder is ready for more minutes anyway
I don't think burying him is even an option and if it was 1000% Drury would not do it. Perhaps best case scenario is Trouba for Chychrun? Each has a M-NTC. Each has 2 years left. If we retain 32.5% of his contract, the cap hit does not go up. If we retain less, we actually save cap space.

I don't dare post that on the trade boards for fear Trouba's agent sees it and they put Ottawa on their no-trade-list... Although part of me feels like all the Canadian teams are getting put on that list by default.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Gustafsson won’t be back. He was a one year rental

Also I think people should realign expectations on penciling in some of these prospects. Othman hasn’t been all that impressive in the AHL, and frankly Rempe is not an NHL player and shouldn’t be automatically penciled into the lineup on opening night

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Why would Arvidsson, a very good player on a very good deal, cost nothing? His only issue is he gets hurt a lot. I think Arvidsson would be quite expensive to acquire and pretty likely to be a 1st+ at the deadline if the Kings were to sell.
Arvidsson is a UFA and was injured most of this year. The Kings will most likely look to spend cap elsewhere.

After July 1st, Kreider’s limited NTC kicks in. Trade Chris to a team that has large cap room for this season and projected next. Take less in return if needed if one potential team is more desirable location than the others.

Still a bit playoff hungover like most but I will post another time why I believe this coming 24/25 season is a perfect time to transition this team.
If your plan is to make Mika's life miserable it doesn't do anyone any favors.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Arvidsson is a UFA and was injured most of this year. The Kings will most likely look to spend cap elsewhere.

If your plan is to make Mika's life miserable it doesn't do anyone any favors.

He has a cheap deal and there will be tons of teams interested. I think he would be very expensive. Oh wait a second nvm. He's a UFA now not after next year. I think he'd be out way out of our price range but would be a great add.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Gustafsson won’t be back. He was a one year rental

Also I think people should realign expectations on penciling in some of these prospects. Othman hasn’t been all that impressive in the AHL, and frankly Rempe is not an NHL player and shouldn’t be automatically penciled into the lineup on opening night
Yup, Gus's next contract will be his retirement/stability one for his family. A team like Carolina which is in danger of losing most of their D Corp is a very real landing spot.

Rempe is able to take NHL shifts. He's going to work all summer on his skating and skill. He'll be ready this fall for 8-10 minutes a night. He's only 21. He's going to physically continue to mature the next two to three years.

No one is expecting Edstrom and Berard to be top six contributors. Both are ready to take spots on the roster and in Edstrom's case, join the PK rotation.

Othmann will be given a shot to earn a job. It depends how many UFAs are brought in. There will be between 3-5 forward spots open this fall (Wennberg, Roslovic, Kakko, and maybe Goodrow will all be gone).

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Why is Rangers management always addicted to big players that play small, finesse players that are too soft for the playoffs? Why whenever the Rangers get grit its only a 4th liner and never a top line forward that has grit in their game? Othmann has that in him as does Cuylle. Lafréniere has that in his game as does Trocheck but at Trocheck's size and age that might be an issue down the road as he gets older.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He has a cheap deal and there will be tons of teams interested. I think he would be very expensive. Oh wait a second nvm. He's a UFA now not after next year. I think he'd be out way out of our price range but would be a great add.
Yes. He had a back injury and missed most of the year. Then he had a lower boy injury to end the year. He's an undersized guy who plays bigger than he is (Callahan, Gallagher, etc.) some teams will be terrified to take him on.

Call him up and see what he's looking for.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm gonna be honest, not that big on Cuylle either. guy was a nobody out there
I honestly think he just ran out of gas towards the end of the season. Remember it’s his rookie season and he hasn’t played this much hockey. I don’t think he’ll be anything more than a bottom 6 guy but I think he’ll be better next year.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Why is Rangers management always addicted to big players that play small, finesse players that are too soft for the playoffs? Why whenever the Rangers get grit its only a 4th liner and never a top line forward that has grit in their game? Othmann has that in him as does Cuylle. Lafréniere has that in his game as does Trocheck but at Trocheck's size and age that might be an issue down the road as he gets older.
Drury and Lilley have actually drafted grittier players. They're all very young and going to start joining the lineup this fall. Remember, this was Drury's third draft/season. Draft picks normally turn pro 2-3 years after their ELC is signed.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Trade Kreder? One of the few that does well in the playoffs. Rangers wouldn't be in the Panthers series if it wasn't for him. I'd trade Mika and take less just to get rid of his poor soft attitude that is fine with losing. His body language and complaining to the ref while the play is going on is telling.

Drury and Lilley have actually drafted grittier players. They're all very young and going to start joining the lineup this fall. Remember, this was Drury's third draft/season. Draft picks normally turn pro 2-3 years after their ELC is signed.
But why nor get these types on the NHL roster now instead of waiting until the rookies make the team. It might be too late

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think Cuylle can be a 20-25 goal next season. He scored 13 with limited ice time.. Anyone else agree? Anyone feel he can get 2ed PP time and maybe 2ed and 3rd line ice time next season. Id rather see Cuylle get more ice time than more of Kakko.

Reactions: bl02

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I think Cuylle can be a 20-25 goal actress. Anyone else agree? Anyone feel he can get qed PP time and maybe 2ed and 3rd line ice time next season. Id rather see Cuylle get more ice time than more of Kakko.
Cullye begins to PK this fall.

Brooksie sayeth: Trouba, Krieder and Zibs should be gonzo:

Larry talks about Rempe here. It's just just my posts.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I hope so. Id like to see Kreider help him deflect pucks in the offseason. Having another option wouldn't be a bad thing for this team. Need more players willing to go to the net
Cully/Edstrom/Rooberak all go to the net. Berard chases the puck.

Larry just acknowledged in his article the pipeline additions without going into names.

Brooksie sayeth: Trouba, Krieder and Zibs should be gonzo:

"I have been arguing for years that the Rangers should construct a physical, menacing matchup line. They never have, instead opting to try and create three scoring lines. This is the time to transform the equation. This is the Summer of Size and Strength.

This also is the summer that Matt Rempe should spend as much time as possible in the New York area so he can train and work with organizational skating and skill instructors. Rempe is a work in progress, not a dime store novelty item.

The organization has a pretty decent pipeline producing legit prospects. There are credible candidates in Hartford. The window of contention did not close in Sunrise on Saturday but the window might well have closed on the core.

This is going to be a mighty interesting summer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad