Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
For all you Rempe deniers just remember the last two coaches made statements after the team being run out of the rink. Both said “We’re just not built that way “
Now with Cuylle, Rempe and maybe Edstrom we are.
Team wins more with Rempe in the lineup than without. Our team’s players bring more energy, intensify and snarl with Rempe in the lineup. If you are unable to see that then you’re not paying attention.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers missed their chance to get this guy. Only for a 6th round pick in 2026 for his rights at the deadline.

With the lack of depth on defense and RW. Rangers if they are going to trade picks in the future, trade them for younger players rights to add younger depth especially at LD RW and Center.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
One of the best parts of the season, we have not seen Jake Leschysyn besides that 1 game early on. At least the Rangers finally realized he is not an NHL player. Rangers need to do this with Brodzinski.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

Mamas Mustard

Sponsor
Nov 21, 2013
bergen co
One of the best parts of the season, we have not seen Jake Leschysyn besides that 1 game early on. At least the Rangers finally realized he is not an NHL player. Rangers need to do this with Brodzinski.
Brod is 10 times the player leshitshow ever was (which says more about Jake). Hes perfectly fine as our 13th forward, but no, definitely not worth a full-time spot.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere
Kreider - Zibanejad - Vesey
Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Rempe

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Jones - Trouba
bern would do it:
Kreider - Edstrom - Zibanejad OR Kreider - Zibanejad - Otthmann/Berard
Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Vesey/Goodrow - Edstrom/Rempe - Rempe/Brodz

Wennberg last resort F

the above D is all we can do for now

5-5 without
12-2-1 with I believe he posted
Thank you.
apparently my memory here was ballpark close
pt is, Rempe helps us win, and has further potential to be developed into full measure player -- maybe not at higher talent levels, but most of what is needed across the board
no reason, e.g., this guy can't help Kreider get a bit of a rest and screen front of net on PP

He got ejected from 3 of those wins, two of which he significantly hurt our chances of winning by taking a major penalty for a dirty hit
Fair pt, yes, but ignores that there were counterbalances to those actions.
Opp players got their bell wrung for period +.
and/or
Their instigators were also thrown out
which helped guys like bread

Brod is 10 times the player leshitshow ever was (which says more about Jake). Hes perfectly fine as our 13th forward, but no, definitely not worth a full-time spot.
correction 1:
Brodz is 1,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 x Leshitshow

correction 2:
chemistry is important
he is obv not top shelf, agreed, but I would not hold him back wherever he works in a given combo, regardless of which # line that is

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Brady Tkachuk to Rangers for Kakko, Miller, 1st in 2025 and 2ed in 2026 fair??

Tkachuk is type of prick Rangers need in the top 6. Let's get away from the nice guy finesse soft player and soft identity this team has at the moment. Othmann learning from Tkachuk would do wonders.
Tkachuk trade would start with Lafreniere and Kakko would be a throw in at best to make the Cap close and likely a prospect . If available....he will be a very desired commodity .

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
lol this website is so bad on mobile. Nothing like having a post deleted mid type.

Anyway I love Fil and he is an easy upgrade over the TDL bros and Brodzinski. Even Rusty.

Great news!
When that happens, hit refresh. The draft will re-appear. At least it does for me.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Tkachuk trade would start with Lafreniere and Kakko would be a throw in at best to make the Cap close and likely a prospect . If available....he will be a very desired commodity .
And I think Laf had as good a season. And is a better fit, he’s not gonna lose control and cost us a game, but he’s aggressive and competitive. Does no one remember that helmet thing against the pens?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I would like to see Cuylle go right after Clutterbuck today in the opening round . Set the tone early ! I would also advise Rempe not to be the second fight on a stoppage if possible unless he can take a Dman out with him . Then if need be the rest of the way we still have Trouba-Schneider -Goodrow who are brave enough to dance . It won't be an afternoon for the pretty boys .

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
And I think Laf had as good a season. And is a better fit, he’s not gonna lose control and cost us a game, but he’s aggressive and competitive. Does no one remember that helmet thing against the pens?
You can pick out isolated incidents but in all honesty you should look at the bigger pic over an 82 game season and playoffs . There is a lot of frustration in Tkachuk's game right now and I tend to think on a team like NYR he would enjoy the overall experience much more and be a more productive guy and we would see nary any of those outbursts . Lafreniere would be desired by Ottawa .....I think they have lots of Dmen in their pipeline and they would need a guy of equal value going back....gotta give to get . In all honesty.....most hockey people I would assume would never take Lafreniere over Tkachuk in a one for one deal...thus we have to add .

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
You can pick out isolated incidents but in all honesty you should look at the bigger pic over an 82 game season and playoffs . There is a lot of frustration in Tkachuk's game right now and I tend to think on a team like NYR he would enjoy the overall experience much more and be a more productive guy and we would see nary any of those outbursts . Lafreniere would be desired by Ottawa .....I think they have lots of Dmen in their pipeline and they would need a guy of equal value going back....gotta give to get . In all honesty.....most hockey people I would assume would never take Lafreniere over Tkachuk in a one for one deal...thus we have to add .
I mean Laf out produced him at ES this year, and more importantly is on a cheap deal this year and next. Has shown he can play in ny which is a thing.
Brady has cost his team games. Multiple times. I don’t want that anywhere near my team.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Dump Trouba at all costs. Schneider slots in the top4. Say what you want about him, it's undeniably an upgrade over Trouba.

Upgrade Lindgren. Chychrun? Hanafin? meh. Give Jones Steroids? Trade for Theodore?

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Love Tkachuk, but I’d be hesitant to trade Laf straight up for him. Laf is two years younger, just coming into his own and already outscored Brady off of the powerplay this year. And we all see PP1 is set in stone. Otherwise Laf would be on it, Brady won’t be either. Laf is only going to get better. Brady has pretty much found his level. I think we’d regret the trade straight up as soon as next year.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He got ejected from 3 of those wins, two of which he significantly hurt our chances of winning by taking a major penalty for a dirty hit
Didn’t give up a single goal on either of his majors, they’re fired up to play for him. I’m sure if they lost the games he was ejected from you would’ve counted it in the loss column.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider - Zibanejad - Vesey
Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko
Goodrow - Wennberg - Rempe

Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Schneider
Jones - Trouba

Holy shit, this isn't half bad.

Brady Tkachuk to Rangers for Kakko, Miller, 1st in 2025 and 2ed in 2026 fair??

Tkachuk is type of prick Rangers need in the top 6. Let's get away from the nice guy finesse soft player and soft identity this team has at the moment. Othmann learning from Tkachuk would do wonders.

That seems like a ridiculous overpayment for a good not great player.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad