Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Do I think this organization was savvy enough to pull a Vegas with Chytil? Sadly I don’t think so. Much like the current roster, this front office lacks killer instinct and I think this is just blind luck regarding Chytil.

Vegas: oh Stone is out again, let’s go get Hanifin, Hertl, Mantha

Rangers: Chytil is out so let’s go to Dollar Tree
Stone’s contract is twice the size of Chytil’s and this is not even mentioning trade costs difference.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Chytil comes back for the playoffs. The Rangers used the $4.4375M on Wennberg and Roslovic. How many empty nets has Wennberg missed? It seems like every game Wennberg whiffs on a scoring opportunity set up by Kakko. Roslovic stinks. I wish the Rangers used that money on better players. A 2nd, potentially a 3rd or two 4ths for Wennberg and Roslovic. Their teams retained 50% because nobody else wanted them. Roslovic was the Rangers 20th option.

Chytil being healthy allows the Rangers to break up Kreider and Zibanejad next season. The Rangers could acquire the 1990's version of Jagr to play with them and those two other guys would still struggle.

The Stars had the Benn and Seguin issue prior to the 2022-23 season. Benn was moved to a line with Johnston and the Stars signed Marchment to play with Seguin. The Stars already had the Hintz line.

Stone miraculously recovered just in time for game one of the playoffs.
I've been saying this, yet some stupidly want to sell low on KK\
sell low -- on KK -- no no

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
It’s going to ultimately come down to the core of the team, but Drury didn’t do enough at the deadline and I feel like that was a huge missed opportunity with the Chytil money. Rosloshit was a dumb move the second the trade call was announced. When @Machinehead and I both agree a player sucks you better believe it. Wennberg again I see people saying he’s been fine but he’s got 1 goal in 17 or is it 18 f***ing games now? Not good enough. Kakko 19 points, Cuylle just above 20. Not enough scoring throughout the lineup. This goes back to my original point.
I haven't see anything really out of either player... I agree. I don't think Wennberg is fine at all. He doesn't seem to win many faceoffs or foot races or board battles and can't score in a wide open net. I think the assets given up for the two deadline guys were wasted.

Really hoping the Chytil return works out. I'd easily put him on the 3rd pivot and move Wennberg to 4th line or the bench in case of injury in playoffs.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I’m ready to try Othmann or burning a year of Perrault to play with Mika and Kreider at this point. Hell, I’ll even go full Bernmeister and say try Rempe up there. At least it’ll be entertaining. Rosloshit should be a healthy scratch.
It’s the time of the year to win not “entertain”. Keep Rempe away from serious minutes.
Yeah I have ad and pop up blockers installed. This is the only site I ever see ads on. I thought I remember something back in the day where if you donated to the site, ads were disabled. Perhaps I'm making that up. Either way, I'd love for it to be normal and not live ads around all the posts lol.

View attachment 850473
i get the ads on my laptop and not on the mobile. Can barely use the site on my laptop

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Chytil will play wing. And I bet he will play wing from now on. Less physical battles to engage in and less open ice collisions to worry about. It would be smart. His speed would still be a factor too.

10-16-13
20-93-96
72-91-24
50-21-26

Pretty, pretty good.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Laviolette actually sticks with Trouba on the third pair he will be my favorite coach of all time. Still have to see it to believe it and not just for a few periods.

Kreider - Zib - Chytil
Panarin - Trocheck - Laff
Cuylle - Wennberg - Kakko
Goodrow - Brodz - Vesey
I think this makes the most sense but the crazy part is Chytil actually gonna have to do the heavy lifting for that line 5 on 5?

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There's no chance Chytil isnt going to play at some point if he is medically cleared. He has too much pride as a competitor. Cant imagine how difficult its been to sit out. Rangers needed this jolt after looking out of gas yesterday imo
Would be so huge.

He is so much better than Roslo

Its nuts we are even talking about line combos.

If they ease him in you know hes got a good connection with Kakko

But that Mika line needs the most help and he makes sense on the right there.

Otherwise id give Wennberg Chytil Kakko a try

Reactions: bl02

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
the idea is that Chytil playing 3C is dangerous, I agree, but I do wonder if Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko could truly be as good as it has been in my imagination for the past year. Wennberg could possibly shift up to the 1RW alongside Kreider & Z.

He's a natural centerman and if he's being medically cleared to play for contact he should be utilized where he has his best chance to be his most useful. I've liked Wennberg & Kakko together with Cuylle, they're a strong possession line at times, but in my opinion Kakko has always played his greatest Hockey with a shoot-first player like Chytil.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Chytil will go in for Roslovic
Will he? He most likely goes in for Brodzinski which then slides Cuylle down to the 4th line with Goodrow and Vesey. Don’t forget Lavi already tried that idea too. You’d probably have Wennberg shift to wing with Chytil and Kakko because when’s the last time Chytil played wing? I’d love to try Chytil with Dumb and Dumber since he’d be the only legit top 6 talent out of Rosloshit, Kakko, Cuylle, Wennberg, Vesey but I don’t see the organization being ballsy enough to try it. They’ll force feed Rosloshit up there with Vesey mixed in or double shift Panarin.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s the time of the year to win not “entertain”. Keep Rempe away from serious minutes.

i get the ads on my laptop and not on the mobile. Can barely use the site on my laptop

Unless we end up using Brodzinski on the 4th, I agree.

Rempe is not an NHL player yet.
someone asked and Ed Jovo got the stats, can't find his post
? was Rs w/w'o Rempe in lineup

off top of my head, NOT an exact # it was something like
11-2 or some other crazy lopsided # in favor when he plays
and barely, if even that, just under .500 when he's out [5-/?]

based on this, Rempe IS positive asset to use NOW
and I was right they should have been giving him + Edstrom mo mins from before

disagree he is not NHL player yet
room for improvement? Certainly, no ?
But this is not a guy who can't deliver
he shouldn't be penalized because atm we are asking him only to do the min.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
someone asked and Ed Jovo got the stats, can't find his post
? was Rs w/w'o Rempe in lineup

off top of my head, NOT an exact # it was something like
11-2 or some other crazy lopsided # in favor when he plays
and barely, if even that, just under .500 when he's out [5-/?]

based on this, Rempe IS positive asset to use NOW
and I was right they should have been giving him + Edstrom mo mins from before

disagree he is not NHL player yet
room for improvement? Certainly, no ?
But this is not a guy who can't deliver
he shouldn't be penalized because atm we are asking him only to do the min.

Coach doesn’t trust him
He can look to impress next year but for now you can’t risk losing a game on a stupid penalty

Reactions: Hire Sather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad