Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Really? I thought AV dropped him too. Not as a scratch but in the lineup, especially in the LA series. Am I remembering that wrong? And then Richards was bought out.

He was very good against Flyers and Penguins at least. Either way Torts scratching him for Michael Haley and Kris Newbury wasnt a good move for anyone. Richards could still play even after the Rangers bought him out for cap reasons. He won the Cup as Chicago's 3C in 2015.

Reactions: Ail

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They lied or didn’t think he would be back.

“Following a thorough evaluation of Filip Chytil after his recent setback from an upper body injury, it has been confirmed he will be out for the remainder of this season,” the team said in a statement. “The organization’s top priority throughout this process has been Filip’s health and we will continue to fully support him in his recovery with an aim to return for the 2024-25 season.”

Well he technically will be out for the season. Post-season is fair game.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
He was very good against Flyers and Penguins at least. Either way Torts scratching him for Michael Haley and Kris Newbury wasnt a good move for anyone. Richards could still play even after the Rangers bought him out for cap reasons. He won the Cup as Chicago's 3C in 2015.

Sure but he also wasn't making nearly the amount of money he was here. Which obviously he didn't need to since the Rangers were and might still be paying him. LOL!

But when Torts scratched him we did win game 4. But overall we were boatraced in that series.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Sure but he also wasn't making nearly the amount of money he was here. Which obviously he didn't need to since the Rangers were and might still be paying him. LOL!

But when Torts scratched him we did win game 4. But overall we were boatraced in that series.

I was at game 4! First Kreider playoff OT goal.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Fil back would be amazing, although I do wonder how inserting him into a playoff game after missing the entire season would go.
he's the shoot first type of player this team missed dearly. Even if Chytil is on the wing he could pot some clutch goals for us and at this time of year every single goal matters. It will be really interesting to see how Lavi could integrate Chytil back into the lineup now with Wennberg & Roslovic.

Chytil on RW with Kreids & Mika?

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
he's the shoot first type of player this team missed dearly. Even if Chytil is on the wing he could pot some clutch goals for us and at this time of year every single goal matters. It will be really interesting to see how Lavi could integrate Chytil back into the lineup now with Wennberg & Roslovic.

Chytil on RW with Kreids & Mika?

That was my first thought too. I mean why not? Everyone else has gotten a spin up there. Maybe he is the missing piece.

Reactions: skipmowerman

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I don’t know, I just Firefox and I’ve never seen an add on here. Same on my phone.

There are add-blockers apps for your PC browser or your cellphone browser.
Yeah I have ad and pop up blockers installed. This is the only site I ever see ads on. I thought I remember something back in the day where if you donated to the site, ads were disabled. Perhaps I'm making that up. Either way, I'd love for it to be normal and not live ads around all the posts lol.

1712943546080.png

• Wow
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Do I think this organization was savvy enough to pull a Vegas with Chytil? Sadly I don’t think so. Much like the current roster, this front office lacks killer instinct and I think this is just blind luck regarding Chytil.

Vegas: oh Stone is out again, let’s go get Hanifin, Hertl, Mantha

Rangers: Chytil is out so let’s go to Dollar Tree

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chytil comes back for the playoffs. The Rangers used the $4.4375M on Wennberg and Roslovic. How many empty nets has Wennberg missed? It seems like every game Wennberg whiffs on a scoring opportunity set up by Kakko. Roslovic stinks. I wish the Rangers used that money on better players. A 2nd, potentially a 3rd or two 4ths for Wennberg and Roslovic. Their teams retained 50% because nobody else wanted them. Roslovic was the Rangers 20th option.

Chytil being healthy allows the Rangers to break up Kreider and Zibanejad next season. The Rangers could acquire the 1990's version of Jagr to play with them and those two other guys would still struggle.

The Stars had the Benn and Seguin issue prior to the 2022-23 season. Benn was moved to a line with Johnston and the Stars signed Marchment to play with Seguin. The Stars already had the Hintz line.

Do I think this organization was savvy enough to pull a Vegas with Chytil? Sadly I don’t think so. Much like the current roster, this front office lacks killer instinct and I think this is just blind luck regarding Chytil.

Vegas: oh Stone is out again, let’s go get Hanifin, Hertl, Mantha

Rangers: Chytil is out so let’s go to Dollar Tree
Stone miraculously recovered just in time for game one of the playoffs.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Chytil comes back for the playoffs. The Rangers used the $4.4375M on Wennberg and Roslovic. How many empty nets has Wennberg missed? It seems like every game Wennberg whiffs on a scoring opportunity set up by Kakko. Roslovic stinks. I wish the Rangers used that money on better players. A 2nd, potentially a 3rd or two 4ths for Wennberg and Roslovic. Their teams retained 50% because nobody else wanted them. Roslovic was the Rangers 20th option.

Chytil being healthy allows the Rangers to break up Kreider and Zibanejad next season. The Rangers could acquire the 1990's version of Jagr to play with them and those two other guys would still struggle.

The Stars had the Benn and Seguin issue prior to the 2022-23 season. Benn was moved to a line with Johnston and the Stars signed Marchment to play with Seguin. The Stars already had the Hintz line.

Stone miraculously recovered just in time for game one of the playoffs.
It’s going to ultimately come down to the core of the team, but Drury didn’t do enough at the deadline and I feel like that was a huge missed opportunity with the Chytil money. Rosloshit was a dumb move the second the trade call was announced. When @Machinehead and I both agree a player sucks you better believe it. Wennberg again I see people saying he’s been fine but he’s got 1 goal in 17 or is it 18 f***ing games now? Not good enough. Kakko 19 points, Cuylle just above 20. Not enough scoring throughout the lineup. This goes back to my original point.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Chytil at RW on Line 1?

I don’t want to break up Line 3. They’ve been good. Put Roslovic at RW in L4 with Goodrow and Vesey.

Asking Chytil to play C seems a bridge too far

Reactions: skipmowerman

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
I would like to see a sweep or a 5 game series victory where the series is never in doubt. This team plays from behind far too often in the playoffs against teams it should dispose of relatively quickly. This has been a pattern going back to the 2011-12 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad