Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liga

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Keep:

Panarin
Fox
Zibanejad
Kreider
Shehsarkin
Roslovic
Lafreniere
Kakko
Vesey
Wennberg
Brodzinski
Sykora
Chytil
Domingue
Goodrow
Rempe

We could pick up five talents of Quick and Trocheck sent away in trade and we have twenty-five or three more players in roster next season.

Rangers buying some hockey Europeans.

Four Draft players included.

Flyers sign Luleå best goalscorer Eklind maybe a year contract 950k/year.

Last edited:

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Drury has not brought in a difference maker in any of the last 3 deadlines. Copp is a 3rd liner, Kane was injured, Taresenko the closest but best years behind him. This year with Roslovic is by far the worst, I’ll bet he is a healthy scratch come the playoffs.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Drury has not brought in a difference maker in any of the last 3 deadlines. Copp is a 3rd liner, Kane was injured, Taresenko the closest but best years behind him. This year with Roslovic is by far the worst, I’ll bet he is a healthy scratch come the playoffs.
You shouldn’t be bringing in difference makers at the deadline.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015

Copp was f***ing awesome until he got hurt, I legitimately cant think of a better deadline pickup in the history of this franchise

Rangers might be facing islanders first round if we don’t wake up.

oh no I'm quaking in my boots

Reactions: Kendo

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I’m ready to try Othmann or burning a year of Perrault to play with Mika and Kreider at this point. Hell, I’ll even go full Bernmeister and say try Rempe up there. At least it’ll be entertaining. Rosloshit should be a healthy scratch.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I mean from all reports we were in on Guentzel.
If you want a true difference maker especially at the TDL, it’s realistically going to cost a lot.
Tara/mikkola trade was solid. When Kane eventually forced his way here it kind of threw off all the mojo.
There weren’t enough pucks/min/PP TIME etc etc.
Vegas seems to add 1 every season but the league just turns a blind eye to their LTIR antics. More so now than Tampa.
That’s why their prospect pool is empty and they don’t have a 1st next year……
They don’t seem to care. It’s all for the now…..
That’s why I think the Theodore talk is going no where…. They realistically have no reason to move him. They will find a way to dump someone less important or circumvent the cap.
If you’re a good team, the TDL should be about fine tuning the existing running machine….. most blockbuster deals are done in offseason/draft.
Prices/supply-demand everything is different.
I’m sure there are other almost trades we don’t hear the details about or how far the talks get.
Ultimately, they figure the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
Most teams at the TDL are looking to marginally get better. Add grit/scoring/ depth at fwd or D/ or replace a guy that’s injured they will be without at least for that playoff run.
The whole salary cap era has tampered down giant TDL deals like it was prior to the cap being implemented.
But as stated above, if you’re looking to trade for a real needle mover at the deadline, you’re prob not that strong of a team.
The only condition I can see is if you lose like a star player late in the season and the team has been rolling and has everything else in place…

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
This. 1000%. Fill holes. Give the lockerroom a boost. Black aces. That’s it. Unless there’s randomly a building block piece available. Which happens occasionally. But basically, this.
Right like if you’re acquiring a pending UFA you think will be a part of the core moving forward and plan to sign. But even then you risk chemistry issues

Reactions: egelband

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You shouldn’t be bringing in difference makers at the deadline.
Agree mostly w/small disagree
You should ALWAYS take advantage of opportunity whenever possible, GM should not be closed down from doing business except Good Friday and Yom Kippur. Otherwise 360+ days/yr.

But as and for a planned strategy, concur.
You should have already been pro active sufficiently so while remaining vigilant 24/7, you are not desperate come deadline, which = overpay concessions advanced/required by trade partners, and possibly also slim pickings on what players may be available in trade.

It is important here to work smarter, more than to work harder.
That includes thinking both inside, and a la bern, outside the box, and trying to fullest extent possible winning trades, not as much as for payment vs overpayment, but rather to emphasize CURRENCY. Less overall talent acquired/surrendered what players are we adding/subtracting?

I’m ready to try Othmann or burning a year of Perrault to play with Mika and Kreider at this point. Hell, I’ll even go full Bernmeister and say try Rempe up there. At least it’ll be entertaining. Rosloshit should be a healthy scratch.

Welcome to team bern.
But we need to remember, bern is correct/incorrect on the merits [like everybody else].

I am saying to avoid desperation/undesired results, you NEED to do shit, sometimes unpleasant shit, but REAL shit, earlier in the year. Theory into practice? Consider, e.g., .....

Edstrom looked good LAST yr. Should have gotten mo mins THEN AND NOW.

Rempe. Not just entertaining. Effective. Needs to be here. NOW, like before.

Robertson. I get Scanlin, not truly ready, ok. But Robbie? Even if he craps the bed, I want to know what we have/don't have. I want him and other youth to get FULL support and COMPLETE, LEGIT shot.
Well we signed Gus. He's been good on balance, uneven but ok +. But he is running out of steam more frequently now, and has been for coupla months. We should have signed him like we did for crazy reasonable terms. But we should, esp vs weaker competition, have given youth mo mins -> development -> results.

Wennberg. Superior pushing but not elite def F. Ok. Place for him as a 4th liner, NOT higher on a checking line if he is good w/el cheapo special contract. If not, don't give rat's ass about door hitting him on the way out. Guy is a black hole offensively. And that can still possibly MAYBE be a fit 4th line, but not to help develop 3 full, complete, 2 way lines. Sure there is always a Ryan Strome guy who sucks ass w/everybody else but inexplicably is magic w/bread.
Wenn should not be pivot for Cuylle-KK, who demonstrate chem and should not be broken up.

That's it for today.
I hope for the best this season, if we play to fullest, I give us 52-28 edge over Panthers, our toughest in conference op. We can be objective about who emerges WC when that happens; on paper so far 'nucks skated circles around us and totally dominated, but otherwise it may be a contest.

bern will continue to suggest solutions
be prepared to deal vets for youth and take chances

We are a high quality team but we are not above the need to improve, and that will mean both taking risks and being open to selling high even on guys like LaF, b'c truth is, we need more horses, and we need to be honest about that.

peace out

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

At least Brooks brings up what we've been all talking about. Reunite miller and Schneider (hopefully demote Trouba).
Not sure how to fix the Mika line but still think the defense can be fixed if we have a top 4 that is decent but Trouba makes that more challenging

Was just about to post this article.

Its like Brooks reads this board

At least Brooks brings up what we've been all talking about. Reunite miller and Schneider (hopefully demote Trouba).
Not sure how to fix the Mika line but still think the defense can be fixed if we have a top 4 that is decent but Trouba makes that more challenging

It really is as easy as demoting Trouba to 3rd pairing and keep him on penalty kill.

This was you arent benching your captain and it makes the team better

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Chytil returning would be a huge, huge boost. If he’s healthy and in game form.

I mean, his line was underachieving relative to expectations to start the year… and he was still at 0.6 ppg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad