Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Panarin Tro Laffy
Kreider Zibs Chytil
Cuylle Wennareyougoingtohitanopennetberg Kakko
Vesey Goodrow Rempe

Rempe needs to play because our leadership core needs to be filled with energy unfortunately. He provides it. Even if he only plays 5 minutes.
So roslovic sits…
And we can’t rotate 4 lines.
This is why rempe needs to develop other skills other than just hitting. Plenty of guys can play in the nhl with his level of stick handling, but even defensively he’s so bad it’s not possible. He skates so badly.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So roslovic sits…
This is why rempe needs to develop other skills other than just hitting. Plenty of guys can play in the nhl with his level of stick handling, but even defensively he’s so bad it’s not possible. He skates so badly.
teams that win cups rely heavy on their top9 and really heavy on their top6. 4th line should be getting 8-10 minutes a game. Who cares about the 4th line. Play your best players.

key is you cant be grinding out 7 game series from opening round. 1st round needs to be quick work.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
teams that win cups rely heavy on their top9 and really heavy on their top6. 4th line should be getting 8-10 minutes a game. Who cares about the 4th line. Play your best players.

key is you cant be grinding out 7 game series from opening round. 1st round needs to be quick work.
And having a player who’s a black hole offensively and defensively is going to help you avoid a 7 game series?

Reactions: Lua and TominNC

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
People have got to get off of Roslovic's jock. Every single player not named Buchnevic has had decent to good metrics with 20 & 93 while the line as a whole struggles to actually score 5v5.

Fun fact: "Rosloshit" is 6th on the team in P/GP among forwards (not counting Fil). He's no Messiah, but he's been pretty okay and we paid almost nothing for him. Chill.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
People have got to get off of Roslovic's jock. Every single player not named Buchnevic has had decent to good metrics with 20 & 93 while the line as a whole struggles to actually score 5v5.

Fun fact: "Rosloshit" is 6th on the team in P/GP among forwards (not counting Fil). He's no Messiah, but he's been pretty okay and we paid almost nothing for him. Chill.
He's definitely one of those guys who has a 25/75% chance of getting hot and being "that playoff guy" who scores a bunch of goals.

Consistency is his biggest problem. He's at his best when he's a slightly more physical and slightly less hockey IQ Hagelin.

Reactions: leetch99 and Kendo

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
He's definitely one of those guys who has a 25/75% chance of getting hot and being "that playoff guy" who scores a bunch of goals.

Consistency is his biggest problem. He's at his best when he's a slightly more physical and slightly less hockey IQ Hagelin.
He’s fast, but he can’t seem to win puck battles. If the game opens up maybe, but I think if chytil comes in, wennberg might be the best actually fit w Mika and ck. Let him do the dirty defensive work, and Mika and ck will score the goals.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rempe gives more effort in one shift than Zib and Kreider combine for an entire game.
not true {at least as to CK}

Great. He’s also not an nhl player.
not true x 2

So roslovic sits…
not true x 3

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I'd love to see Rempe with Mika and Kreider. He would be an upgrade over Roslostink
Must be Wheeler's fault.
Must be Kakko's fault.
Must be Roslovic's fault.

If 20 & 93 struggle to score 5v5 no matter who's on their line, then maybe we shouldn't shit on the guy that currently happens to be there. Anti-fan behavior.

While it would be a bunch of fun to see, Rempe's not going to magically fix Mika or anything.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Must be Wheeler's fault.
Must be Kakko's fault.

If 20 & 93 struggle to score 5v5 no matter who's on their line, then maybe we shouldn't shit on the guy that currently happens to be there. Anti-fan behavior.

While it would be a bunch of fun to see, Rempe's not going to magically fix Mika or anything.
He'd give them more space on the ice. Maybe they need space like in the euro leagues to score 5 on 5 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Must be Wheeler's fault.
Must be Kakko's fault.

I mean, on the other side, maybe the front office needs to stop making half measure additions to try and solve that problem. 20 and 93 aren’t perfect but none of those guys is raising the offensive caliber of that line, and the powers that be have to know that. Look what Guentzel is doing in Carolina right now. If we had gotten him, even at a high cost, I have a feeling no one would be complaining about that line.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I know we’ve been beating the shit out of him lately but I actually think that was Roslovics best performance since the first couple of games he was traded here.

Wasn’t perfect but he had moments when he was buzzing and noticeable. He needs to skate and be engaged on the puck

Trouba on the other hand… looks like he’s playing with 4 thumbs. His puck handling and management of the puck has struggled mightily in addition to his skating/pace/confidence as a defender.

What was his injury again?

Last edited:

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Kreider/Zibanejad/Roslovic have a 58.6 CF% and 54.2 xG% in 166 minutes. What exactly is the issue with that line?
The issue is that Mika's having the strangest, most snake-bitten season a 70P player can have. Go back to early in the season. Kakko looked very good with them and they were "expected stats darlings," but they were not really scoring at ES. The upside was that no one was scoring on them either. All season, I've called it "The 5v5 PK." There were a couple great games with Wheels, and a couple good ones with Brodz, but it's been basically the same with anyone on that RW.

It's frustrating, but the xStats look good and we just broke a franchise wins record, so I'm staying optimistic. Roslo has been above "meh," but since he didn't "fix the line," the boo birds come out. He's clearly the 3rd most talented player on his line. Any lack of ES production from an already underproducing linemate isn't on him. He just needs to keep moving his feet. He'll get his points here and there.

I mean, on the other side, maybe the front office needs to stop making half measure additions to try and solve that problem. 20 and 93 aren’t perfect but none of those guys is raising the offensive caliber of that line, and the powers that be have to know that. Look what Guentzel is doing in Carolina right now. If we had gotten him, even at a high cost, I have a feeling no one would be complaining about that line.
There's a greater than 0% chance that the results would have been eerily similar. We had Chytil's salary to try and fill two spots, and we did it for pretty cheap. I wouldn't have busted my load on this season with the questions elsewhere.

Capital I-F "IF," Mika was his normal self, Fil stayed healthy, Trouba had more of a career average season, Igor didn't have a mid-season slump...we're looking to add guy instead of replace two. If that player is Guentzel (they'd have to be okay taking Goodrow back), I'd seriously consider paying a premium and going in hard on the season. You can't start throwing former and future 1sts at every "pretty good season." This is a very good season, not an "all-in season."

Cost is a huge factor. Drury did very well with addressing three needs for relatively cheap. I wouldn't call them half-measures. Let's ride it out and enjoy it!

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Bromance - Jimmy
Bread - Vinny - LAF
Koolaid - Chytil - KK24
Rempe - Wennberg - Edström

Would be my lineup game 1

But this is NEVER happening.
Team looks like a PT winner with one game left icing the lineup they have been doing
They will, naturally, live and die with this.
I think they try Chytil slowly on the 3rd line
But it makes for a logjam
Will be interesting

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Tkachuk trade would start with Lafreniere and Kakko would be a throw in at best to make the Cap close and likely a prospect . If available....he will be a very desired commodity .

No… NYR won’t trade Laf for tkachuk.
He wasn’t available for Eichel, won’t be for the less talented tkachuk bro…..

Brady will get a haul. I’d love to add him tbh. His age etc fit perfectly with out 1st/2nd core of guys…..
Kakko almost certainly would be a part going back.
Odds are 1 of miller/Schneider would too…..
Then draft picks/prospects likely make up the rest……

Brady has a pretty hefty salary already, and Laf will be getting a raise next season……

Theoretically, if they can get him without giving up Laf and Perrault I’m all for it.

Kreider-Zibby-tkachuk
Panarin-Tro-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-Berard/Othmann

That’s about as good of a top nine you can want.
They would be hard pressed for 2 years to fit it with the cap. The loss of miller/schneds would have to be addressed thru FA/Trade as well.
I don’t think anyone in the system is ready for top 4 minutes.
Jones should settle in on 3rd pair next season…..

Then Panarins deal will be over.
He’ll likely either resign for cheaper/ or maybe even retire…
Kreider will be 34 and in a similar situation….
Perrault should be ready to fill a top 6 spot as well…..

It’s probably not feasible to make a trade for BT.

Addressing our D and locking up our young guys should take priority.

But he’s def a type of guy long term that replaces Kreider more so than Panarin in our line up…. Tough call. But OTT will want a kings ransom for him for sure

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Bromance - Jimmy
Bread - Vinny - LAF
Koolaid - Chytil - KK24
Rempe - Wennberg - Edström

Would be my lineup game 1

But this is NEVER happening.
Team looks like a PT winner with one game left icing the lineup they have been doing
They will, naturally, live and die with this.
I think they try Chytil slowly on the 3rd line
But it makes for a logjam
Will be interesting

If… and big if Lavi is comfortable with how chytil looks and has no worries with him at C, that’s where he should be imo. That’s what he’s played his entire tenure here.
It also makes the 3rd line more offensively dangerous while still being stingy defensively.
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko is what we all want to see and should tbh.

Kreider-Zibby-Wennberg
Panarin-Trochek-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Brod-Vesey

Ex Roslovic/black aces

That imo is the line up he would go with. It keeps Wennberg in in case of an injury/center need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad