Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
No… NYR won’t trade Laf for tkachuk.
He wasn’t available for Eichel, won’t be for the less talented tkachuk bro…..

Brady will get a haul. I’d love to add him tbh. His age etc fit perfectly with out 1st/2nd core of guys…..
Kakko almost certainly would be a part going back.
Odds are 1 of miller/Schneider would too…..
Then draft picks/prospects likely make up the rest……

Brady has a pretty hefty salary already, and Laf will be getting a raise next season……

Theoretically, if they can get him without giving up Laf and Perrault I’m all for it.

Kreider-Zibby-tkachuk
Panarin-Tro-Laf
Cuylle-Chytil-Berard/Othmann

That’s about as good of a top nine you can want.
They would be hard pressed for 2 years to fit it with the cap. The loss of miller/schneds would have to be addressed thru FA/Trade as well.
I don’t think anyone in the system is ready for top 4 minutes.
Jones should settle in on 3rd pair next season…..

Then Panarins deal will be over.
He’ll likely either resign for cheaper/ or maybe even retire…
Kreider will be 34 and in a similar situation….
Perrault should be ready to fill a top 6 spot as well…..

It’s probably not feasible to make a trade for BT.

Addressing our D and locking up our young guys should take priority.

But he’s def a type of guy long term that replaces Kreider more so than Panarin in our line up…. Tough call. But OTT will want a kings ransom for him for sure

I’d trade Miller and 1st for Tkachuk before I trade Schneider. Schneider is a keeper. Rangers dont have much dman with size that can skate and actually play well defense and physically.

Reactions: mas0764

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’d trade Miller and 1st for Tkachuk before I trade Schneider. Schneider is a keeper. Rangers dont have much dman with size that can skate and actually play well defense and physically.
KAM + Schneider are both practically untouchable for now/short-mid term

If we did LaF + for Guhle + Reinbacher ++
we could see about
Othmann + Shesty + Scanlin +
for
Sanderson + Tkac. +

Scan is not immediate help but close enuf
Huge increase in def w/elite goalie [concern about extending him first]
Othmann is Tka lite, cheaper
Sens no longer concerned about frugal owner, but cap space always primo concern

Rs would gamble Quick + Garand + Domingue in net
see if Huge Ole Ass takes jump in 2 yrs to Gar backup
gets Tkac. while keeping Gabe Per.
and Sanderson!

Sandy - Fox
KAM - Schneid
Guhle - Troub [til dealt]/stopgap -> in 1.5 yr Reinbacher

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
KAM + Schneider are both practically untouchable for now/short-mid term

If we did LaF + for Guhle + Reinbacher ++
we could see about
Othmann + Shesty + Scanlin +
for
Sanderson + Tkac. +

Scan is not immediate help but close enuf
Huge increase in def w/elite goalie [concern about extending him first]
Othmann is Tka lite, cheaper
Sens no longer concerned about frugal owner, but cap space always primo concern

Rs would gamble Quick + Garand + Domingue in net
see if Huge Ole Ass takes jump in 2 yrs to Gar backup
gets Tkac. while keeping Gabe Per.
and Sanderson!

Sandy - Fox
KAM - Schneid
Guhle - Troub [til dealt]/stopgap -> in 1.5 yr Reinbacher

In a video game this could happen

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The issue is that Mika's having the strangest, most snake-bitten season a 70P player can have. Go back to early in the season. Kakko looked very good with them and they were "expected stats darlings," but they were not really scoring at ES. The upside was that no one was scoring on them either. All season, I've called it "The 5v5 PK." There were a couple great games with Wheels, and a couple good ones with Brodz, but it's been basically the same with anyone on that RW.

It's frustrating, but the xStats look good and we just broke a franchise wins record, so I'm staying optimistic. Roslo has been above "meh," but since he didn't "fix the line," the boo birds come out. He's clearly the 3rd most talented player on his line. Any lack of ES production from an already underproducing linemate isn't on him. He just needs to keep moving his feet. He'll get his points here and there.

There's a greater than 0% chance that the results would have been eerily similar. We had Chytil's salary to try and fill two spots, and we did it for pretty cheap. I wouldn't have busted my load on this season with the questions elsewhere.

Capital I-F "IF," Mika was his normal self, Fil stayed healthy, Trouba had more of a career average season, Igor didn't have a mid-season slump...we're looking to add guy instead of replace two. If that player is Guentzel (they'd have to be okay taking Goodrow back), I'd seriously consider paying a premium and going in hard on the season. You can't start throwing former and future 1sts at every "pretty good season." This is a very good season, not an "all-in season."

Cost is a huge factor. Drury did very well with addressing three needs for relatively cheap. I wouldn't call them half-measures. Let's ride it out and enjoy it!
Pretty good summary / assessment of the situation. Drury did exactly what was needed under circumstances (and keeping in mind that Roslovic wasn’t his first target). But the situation is changing if Chytil is coming back. Where would his impact be the most effective out of essentially two scenarios? My preference would be to put Chytil with Zibanejad and Kreider but in either I don’t mind Roslovic going into rotation in the bottom two lines (probably just 4th line).

Reactions: Kendo

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Kreider/Zibanejad/Roslovic have a 58.6 CF% and 54.2 xG% in 166 minutes. What exactly is the issue with that line?

because you could put me (i was pretty good but im out of shape now) on a line with kreider and it'd still have a 50+ % CF and xG

• Haha
Reactions: Kendo

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Neither was Tanner Glass.

Rempe actually has some usefulness.
Rempes usefulness is significantly outweighed by his deficiencies.
He’s not good enough to not get pinned in the defensive zone, where his one good trait is entirely neutralized. Hes still not winning enough puck battles, he makes terrible passes, and can’t really stick handle the level he needs to.
He’s gotten this far on pure size, he needs to improve in everything else now.

Reactions: TominNC

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He’s not good enough to not get pinned in the defensive zone, where his one good trait is entirely neutralized. Hes still not winning enough puck battles, he makes terrible passes, and can’t really stick handle the level he needs to.
The analytics say throughout his Rangers tenure we have the other team pinned in their own zone, he routinely leads the entire team in many possession analytics. I know he was first on the entire team in xGF% up until as of a couple games ago, he was 2nd last night. He’s also been clocked as the 2nd fastest skater on our team, faster than Kreider. So he certainly has more than just size, I don’t know where you’re getting your info

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This team broke their record for most wins in a season, and are on the verge of winning the president’s trophy but you would not think it from reading this forum.

Everyone is more hyped about a 6’7” 4th liner who will likely be the 13th forward for the playoffs. Then you have a guy who has a chance to hit 40+ plus goals again , is a home grown drafted Ranger and people are like meh…..he needs to be better.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Re Rempe:
He has shown that he can be part of a line that can hem in the opponents in their own zone for an extended period and then punish someone once it turns the other way.

He's also the guy in the slot of our own zone just waving his stick around while we're the ones pinned.

I feel compelled to disagree with randos saying he's a garbage 15th forward and mediocre fighter, as well as FaceBook Rangers fans saying he has shades of Messier (real quote).

He's a deceptively good skater for his size, has underrated awareness, and an infectious positive attitude. I would have preferred that he got more playing time in HFD during the stretches that he's been scratched, but whatever. Perfect 12/13F guy. I love the kid, but I'm not getting ahead of myself.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
This team broke their record for most wins in a season, and are on the verge of winning the president’s trophy but you would not think it from reading this forum.

Everyone is more hyped about a 6’7” 4th liner who will likely be the 13th forward for the playoffs. Then you have a guy who has a chance to hit 40+ plus goals again , is a home grown drafted Ranger and people are like meh…..he needs to be better.
You forgot those same fans wanted Panarin traded in the offseaaon.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
It's weird that liking Rempe, who plays hard, does something not many players on this team are willing to do and genuinely seems like a nice kid is a bad thing cause he is "not an NHLer". f***ing looks like he is to me.

Liking Rempe has no bearing on liking or appreciating Panarin, Laf, Kakko, Z, Kreider, etc.

Maybe if those guys showed half the desire to be as good as they possibly could then their names would be chanted by the crowd too.

What's so bad about Rempe? You can't say his play cause the eyes and the stats say he is a positive. So why are some of you so against Rempe in the lineup? This flatliner team needs a jolt and he provides it. Young, hungry players bring passion. Something this team always seems to lack.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't forget the flip-floppers that wanted to trade Laf and keep Kakko 12 months ago. Now Kaapo's in each and every one of their trade proposals.

I’m actually on the move on from Kakko bandwagon. Either except who he is a 3rd liner or give him a chance to be more than that on another team. Kid is not going to have a chance to hit his ceiling here, and at this point not sure what his ceiling is anymore .

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
disagree

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’m actually on the move on from Kakko bandwagon. Either except who he is a 3rd liner or give him a chance to be more than that on another team. Kid is not going to have a chance to hit his ceiling here, and at this point not sure what his ceiling is anymore .
sorry big disagree
KK is not supposed to do it by himself
when w/2 compatible linemates, kid line which was lesser version of LaF was acceptable +.

We now see legit chem w/Cuylle
next step is to find correct pivot if Chytil out of the picture

dealing Kakko at discount would not be smart
prefer we keep a guy w/his physical attributes who I project can also be acceptable offensively, but I am not close minded and could be open to a deal later, MAYBE but only IF we up his value first
Selling to salve the impatience of some is not acceptable.

Let's see about FC
let's see about Pinto
let's see about Zegras

Reactions: mas0764

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't forget the flip-floppers that wanted to trade Laf and keep Kakko 12 months ago. Now Kaapo's in each and every one of their trade proposals.
Kakko in the same boat as Lindgren for me. Neither have justified their RFA raises so they are in the shop window for me

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's weird that liking Rempe, who plays hard, does something not many players on this team are willing to do and genuinely seems like a nice kid is a bad thing cause he is "not an NHLer". f***ing looks like he is to me.

Liking Rempe has no bearing on liking or appreciating Panarin, Laf, Kakko, Z, Kreider, etc.

Maybe if those guys showed half the desire to be as good as they possibly could then their names would be chanted by the crowd too.

What's so bad about Rempe? You can't say his play cause the eyes and the stats say he is a positive. So why are some of you so against Rempe in the lineup? This flatliner team needs a jolt and he provides it. Young, hungry players bring passion. Something this team always seems to lack.
Yea I actually see zero correlation lol, I was the #1 ardent defender of Panarin when most the board wanted him gone and am probably also the biggest Rempe fan here

Reactions: MrAlmost

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The analytics say throughout his Rangers tenure we have the other team pinned in their own zone, he routinely leads the entire team in many possession analytics. I know he was first on the entire team in xGF% up until as of a couple games ago, he was 2nd last night. He’s also been clocked as the 2nd fastest skater on our team, faster than Kreider. So he certainly has more than just size, I don’t know where you’re getting your info
Stop making shit up...he is not the 2nd fastest skater on the team...certainly not faster then Kreider lol.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Stop making shit up...he is not the 2nd fastest skater on the team...certainly not faster then Kreider lol.
WBGA0Hh.png

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
lol that may have been true for that game.

Rempes top speed is below average.

Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 1.44.10 PM.png

Players on the Rangers who have hit a higher top gear this year

-Kreider
-Zibanejad
-Roslovic
-Lafreniere
-Trocheck
-Panarin
-Cuylle
-Wennberg
-Brodzinski