Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This might matter in a close series. It wouldn't be.
from your lips..

speaking of this element though, here are noncents' nyr Prick-factor rankings:

Rempe Tier
rempe

Shitbird Tier
trocheck
goodrow
trouba

Snow the Goalie Tier
kreider
vesey
lindgren
lafreniere
cuylle
schneider

I Won't If You Don't Tier
brodzinski
ruhwedel
gustafsson
kakko
miller

Get Outta My Crease Tier
Shesterkin
Quick

More Skilling than Willing Tier
Panarin
Fox
Jones

New Guy Tier
Wennberg
Roslovic

Inherit The Earth Tier
Zibanejad

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
from your lips..

Rempe Tier
rempe

Shitbird Tier
trocheck
goodrow
trouba

Snow the Goalie Tier
kreider
vesey
lindgren
lafreniere
cuylle
schneider

brodzinski
ruhwedel
gustafsson
kakko
miller

Get Outta My Crease Tier
Shesterkin
Quick

Panarin
Fox
Jones

New Guy Tier
Wennberg
Roslovic

Inherit The Earth Tier
Zibanejad

Lol at Rempe tier.

Lindgren should really be in the "Die trying" tier.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After watching the Rangers and later the Ducks game, let me say that Drury’s best move was to move on from Strome and bring in Trocheck, who well deserved the award last night .

Ryan Strome is a black hole of offense and is a liability on defense. How he gelled with Panarin is beyond me. Trocheck is not only Better offensively he is better defensively. Loving Vinny right now and sucks for Anaheim that they are stuck with Strome who now is referred to as Stroke.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yesterday, I riffed about being the first team to do something instead of copying what successful teams did.

Adam Fox is a really unique commodity.

Nobody has ever played defense like this, at this size, in this high-scoring of an era, with this many points, ever. There isn't another Adam Fox.

This is why I'm super touchy about how much we're playing him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m happy for Mika the hate around here was really turning me off, not gonna lie. We need him to step up for the playoffs. Kreider also.

Mika won’t end up at a PPG average but if he can get hot going into the playoffs will be huge for this team.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wennberg has been surprisingly good?

I was surprised at his price tag, and am not interested in a pricey extension, but having an actual honest to goodness 3C has helped this roster a lot.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’m happy for Mika the hate around here was really turning me off, not gonna lie. We need him to step up for the playoffs. Kreider also.

Mika won’t end up at a PPG average but if he can get hot going into the playoffs will be huge for this team.
I miss the days when I was the only one who didn't like Mika because has poor 5v5 metrics. I shouldn't have said anything.

I'm perfectly ok with ripping bad players but what gets said about him is always so personal, and wanting to take him off the powerplay is bananas.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, I love Cuylle but I don't see him being a long term top 6er.

Berard is absolutely infectious in the way he plays. I'd love to see if there's chemistry there with 93.

Otter has a higher ceiling, but I'd keep him bouncing up and down throughout next season. He's probably gotta cook a little longer.
I actually got pretty bullish on Cuylle. The development he showed in the last couple of years is absolutely astonishing (at least to me and my expectations). He's a bona fide 3rd liner in his first year in the NHL - so still plenty of time and room for improvement. He also always had a better than average NHL level shot, pretty good hockey IQ, is defensively responsible and he brings the level of physicality that could be a pretty good supplement to a top-6 line in certain situations IN THE FUTURE.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yesterday, I riffed about being the first team to do something instead of copying what successful teams did.

Adam Fox is a really unique commodity.

Nobody has ever played defense like this, at this size, in this high-scoring of an era, with this many points, ever. There isn't another Adam Fox.

This is why I'm super touchy about how much we're playing him.

Now imagine what he would do if his partner were as good as the one that the other top guys have.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
To be fair, Hronek also kind of sucks and Josi's partner is...uhh, well it's somebody.

Fail Makar gets to play with Devon Toews. I have no sympathy.

Hronek is basically Orr compared to Lindgren.

Josi has been taking reps with McDonagh lately.

Heiskanen was in a similar situation but now he eats a ton of time next to Harley who has really blown up this year.

Fox is on an Island unless you count Dahlin then in that case, Fox lives on Dahlin's island.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
After watching the Rangers and later the Ducks game, let me say that Drury’s best move was to move on from Strome and bring in Trocheck, who well deserved the award last night .

Ryan Strome is a black hole of offense and is a liability on defense. How he gelled with Panarin is beyond me. Trocheck is not only Better offensively he is better defensively. Loving Vinny right now and sucks for Anaheim that they are stuck with Strome who now is referred to as Stroke.

Drury passed on Copp as well which wouldve been a disaster in its own right. Id rather have Goodrow's contract than Copp's when you consider he is supposed to be Detroit's 2C.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Seeing the game in person last night, if seemed really obvious Kreider only puts in the effort when he wants to. Been my biggest gripe with him forever.

Rempe got such little time, but he fired up the crowd and the team. Definitely needs more fine tuning to get his ability to read the play up to speed, but he should be getting more time.

Trouba was also really rough going. Schneider should be getting more and more of his minutes and give Trouba time to get his head on straight.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
from your lips..

Rempe Tier
rempe

Shitbird Tier
trocheck
goodrow
trouba

Snow the Goalie Tier
kreider
vesey
lindgren
lafreniere
cuylle
schneider

brodzinski
ruhwedel
gustafsson
kakko
miller

Get Outta My Crease Tier
Shesterkin
Quick

Panarin
Fox
Jones

New Guy Tier
Wennberg
Roslovic

Inherit The Earth Tier
Zibanejad
This is f***ing GOLD, Jerry, GOLD

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hronek is basically Orr compared to Lindgren.

Josi has been taking reps with McDonagh lately.

Heiskanen was in a similar situation but now he eats a ton of time next to Harley who has really blown up this year.

Fox is on an Island unless you count Dahlin then in that case, Fox lives on Dahlin's island.
It's crazy how much Lindgren has declined.

download - 2024-04-08T121024.741.png

This is Ryan Lindgren the prior three years. His offense sucks but he's still an NHL player in the offensive zone and he defends with the best of them.

download - 2024-04-08T121119.334.png

This is Lindgren now. His offense is mid-AHL level and his defense is as bad as his offense used to be.

The only thing saving him from an even worse offensive rating, IMO, is that his partner has like 13 even strength goals.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
does cuylle make sense on the zib line at all?
no
Cuylle + KK work keep THAT

Yours truly concurs, was pushing for him to be jettisoned -- sing it with me Debbie Harry -- one way or another, for at least 2 yrs since before it happened

Reactions: Leonardo87

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
It's crazy how much Lindgren has declined.

View attachment 848143

This is Ryan Lindgren the prior three years. His offense sucks but he's still an NHL player in the offensive zone and he defends with the best of them.

View attachment 848144

This is Lindgren now. His offense is mid-AHL level and his defense is as bad as his offense used to be.

The only thing saving him from an even worse offensive rating, IMO, is that his partner has like 13 even strength goals.

How has been since returning from injury? Eye test says improved.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How has been since returning from injury? Eye test says improved.
I feel like hes been very good recently. Much more mobile.
I don't know exactly when his defense tanked on the charts.

In our most recent games, Lindgren-Fox has been a much better pair.

Fox hit another level when Trouba was out and never looked back. He seems to elevate his game the harder his usage is because he needs to challenge me to find space in my heart to love him more.

Lindgren, to his credit, hasn't hurt the process.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Why no extension? I really don't want to see the team going into yet another deadline needing to find a center

I suppose I'd qualify my argument buy saying I don't have any insider information on Chytil. If he has made no progress by July, sure, it's a possibility. But I don't want to have four expensive centers on the roster.

I've suggested we eventually move Zibanejad to RW, but I have my doubts that we will ever see that happen until the guy is officially old.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And, you talk about Fox elevating against top competition; I think Lindgren likes it too.

We know he's crazy.

Jumping over the boards and seeing the other team's best guy gets that inner dog going.

Lindgren doesn't have the talent to just coast by. He has to play like shit's on the line.

It's another reason I wish we would give them tougher assignments.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I suppose I'd qualify my argument buy saying I don't have any insider information on Chytil. If he has made no progress by July, sure, it's a possibility. But I don't want to have four expensive centers on the roster.

I've suggested we eventually move Zibanejad to RW, but I have my doubts that we will ever see that happen until the guy is officially old.

I have seriously considered Chytil to RW. Having those 4 centers on the roster would be great

Reactions: skipmowerman

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I wonder how much Wennberg is going to want on his next deal?

I don’t have a handle on what is reasonable but if he would take something <$4M I would take him back readily

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad