Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, I love Cuylle but I don't see him being a long term top 6er.

Berard is absolutely infectious in the way he plays. I'd love to see if there's chemistry there with 93.

Otter has a higher ceiling, but I'd keep him bouncing up and down throughout next season. He's probably gotta cook a little longer.
Don’t count out will. He’s got the goods and he’s only going to polish/improve his game.
I think he’d be a good option in front on the net on the PP down the line too.
Gives me the Brandon Rust vibes. Perfect complimentary winger

Reactions: egelband

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I wonder how much Wennberg is going to want on his next deal?

I don’t have a handle on what is reasonable but if he would take something <$4M I would take him back readily
I think that’s what it would take, I don’t really like it personally….. especially if you can get Stephenson for 5.75-6…..
He really helps in case there is an injury. Gives a bit more insulation.
He’s def the better offensive player. Both guys can play D….
There are lower options too…
Aves are gonna lose Ross Colton due to cap. Wennberg is better at D, but Colton more physical/better offensively. Might be a better match for Cuylle/kakko…
I’m sure there are other cheaper options as well……
Side note….. does it occur to everyone that if gorton and bobrov weren’t such dinks and drank the same cool-aid as poster Ed-Jo, our RD right now would be

Fox-Dobson-Schneider…… let that sink in

Reactions: mas0764

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
How has been since returning from injury? Eye test says improved.

Graded out as our best D against Arizona.

Graded out as our 2nd best D against Pittsburgh.

3rd out of 4 D against NJ (this game was weird)

Graded out as our worst D vs Colorado, Detroit and Montreal. He's legitimately been bad in the last 2 and no one was really good against Colorado, but no one else compounded that by scoring half of the Avs offensive output in that game for them.

So 2 good or very good, 1 weird and 3 bad.

I mean it's better than it was before as hes legitimately had good outings over the last month (@Carolina being the high water mark) but its still not even close to good enough.

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I wonder how much Wennberg is going to want on his next deal?

I don’t have a handle on what is reasonable but if he would take something <$4M I would take him back readily
All depends on how he does in the playoffs. If be is a non factor I want no part of him on an extension.

Reactions: Greg02

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wenn only 3 x 2 or max 10 for 3
WITH ZERO PROTECTION
deal to recover/upgrade on acquisition cost

otherwise not interested
He s borderline elite 4C and def superior but doesn't contribute enuf offensively, not worth considering higher lines

anyway, for the record, bern wants Edstrom here getting mins, not Wenn

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
This. Undoubtedly Zibanejad is having a down year especially in contrast to both Panarin and Trocheck having career years. However I just don’t see a HUGE drop off in his play other than ES stats. His contributions on special teams where the Rangers are top-5 on both sides is being discounted for no good reason other than driving a negative agenda. To your “bounce back” point - he’d be a good not only for next season, but hopefully even sooner for the playoff run, god willing.
“Other than ES stats”… so other than his offense for 85% of game time. No one (at least that I’ve seen) is discounting his special teams play (tho his PP scoring is also off) or defense, but we are all entitled to say his EV stats are a huge disappointment. Because they f***ing are.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Earlier in the year, and last year, people got mad that the PP just tried to force the Zibanejad one timers. Now that they try multiple plays people get mad that Zibanejad's PP stats aren't as good as in past years. You can't win. Meanwhile, this year the team has its best PP% in at least the last 5 years and certainly much longer.

That being said, it was never true that they just tried to force feed one timers to him anymore than other PP with similar structure. I've posted those stats several times. Just a random false complaint.
People got/get mad at ineffectiveness. If we forced the pass to Zibs and he scored all the time, no one would say Jack shit. NYR PP scoring is up… Mika’s PP scoring is down. That says something. He’s not contributing on the same level as other years.
And pease don’t confuse “he’s not living up to expectations” with “he sucks”… I don’t think he sucks. He’s just disappointing.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
It's crazy how much Lindgren has declined.

View attachment 848143

This is Ryan Lindgren the prior three years. His offense sucks but he's still an NHL player in the offensive zone and he defends with the best of them.

View attachment 848144

This is Lindgren now. His offense is mid-AHL level and his defense is as bad as his offense used to be.

The only thing saving him from an even worse offensive rating, IMO, is that his partner has like 13 even strength goals.
Now do this again for the Kreider detractors who only base his value on running people and skating fast a lot.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now do this again for the Kreider detractors who only base his value on running people and skating fast a lot.
1000003529.png

Kreider is having a normal one.

Is this down a bit? Yes, in some respects. Kreider did legitimately have a rough stretch recently.

Is it still literally better than 9 out 10 NHL players? Also yes. And it's f***ing normal for him.

I'm at the point with Kreider where I don't really care if you enjoy what he does or want him to do something different.

He's legitimately one of the best LW's to play in the NHL since the lockout. I grow tired of saying it.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I actually got pretty bullish on Cuylle. The development he showed in the last couple of years is absolutely astonishing (at least to me and my expectations). He's a bona fide 3rd liner in his first year in the NHL - so still plenty of time and room for improvement. He also always had a better than average NHL level shot, pretty good hockey IQ, is defensively responsible and he brings the level of physicality that could be a pretty good supplement to a top-6 line in certain situations IN THE FUTURE.

Don’t count out will. He’s got the goods and he’s only going to polish/improve his game.
I think he’d be a good option in front on the net on the PP down the line too.
Gives me the Brandon Rust vibes. Perfect complimentary winger
Again, l love the kid. It's just that offensive upside was never really part of his projection. Spot duty in the top 6? Absolutely. Unless he takes a MASSIVE leap, I don't think he'll be an every day top 6.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
does cuylle make sense on the zib line at all?
Yes. Because Cuylle is a player that can crash, bang, and go get it. Which is why players like Vesey work with those two. Thats the kind of player that works with them. Cuylle has way more upside. It would be nice if Kakko would run away with that job. Cuylle has more of a motor, IMO, even if he's less talented than Kakko.

If the Yotes get moved to Salt Lake City, expect some serious moves by the new management.
I thought they revealed the new arena plans for Arizona in Arizona? Unless what is saw wasn't real. It looked great.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yes. Because Cuylle is a player that can crash, bang, and go get it. Which is why players like Vesey work with those two. Thats the kind of player that works with them. Cuylle has way more upside. It would be nice if Kakko would run away with that job. Cuylle has more of a motor, IMO, even if he's less talented than Kakko.

I thought they revealed the new arena plans for Arizona in Arizona? Unless what is saw wasn't real. It looked great.

I believe they still need to win the bid for the land. Severelli had a pod cast today about the owner of the group trying to get an NHL team released a survey on team names. Speculation was he wouldn't be doing that now if it was for an expansion team, that is likely 3 years down the road if approved.

A name would be needed soon if a franchise was going to move.

Then there is this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad