Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Tampa has Kucherov and every other good player they have plays with Kucherov.

Beyond that, everyone is overlooking Tampa's glowing weak spot: Hedman plays 25 minutes a game and he f***ing SUUUUUCCCCKKSS now.

He puts up points on the PP playing catch with Kucherov. Beyond that, it's a third of the game you're basically going to be on the powerplay.
I see your Hedman and raise you a Trouba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, good luck with the turtle that has three top 50 players of all-time.

So f***ing weird to be afraid of Tampa and not bat an eye at Pittsburgh.
TBL has 10 point lead on the Pens! Their leading scorer has 50(!!!) point advantage over Pens leading scorer. TBL has had three trips to the SCF in the last 4 years and won twice. When did Pens won their last one at least playoff series? Even their management knows they have no chance by selling off at TDL. I don’t even need to go to the fact that when you started disrespecting TBL it was in favor of Flyers lol.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
And if he wasn't doing this and had 90 points while being the same 5v5 player, everyone would ignore it like they always did.

That's why when people talk about waking up Zibanejad I'm like "at 5v5? This is Zibanejad."

Don't get me wrong, if he decides to put up a 90 point pace in the playoffs buoyed by powerplay success, that would be just fine.
I looked into it and you're right. His EV / PP "ratio" looks consistent from his years past with a couple outliers. The numbers are lower this season.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Joel Farabee, one of the more consistent Flyers through the first half, has been dropped to the fourth line and has just three goals and one assist since the break. His slump has been particularly baffling.

Farabee is one many Flyers who has struggled since February. The Flyers goaltending has been bad. Losing Hart hurt the Flyers.

Hextall's draft pick. Fletcher gave Farabee the 6 year contract extension. Farabee and Torts don't get along. Torts will be there next season. Last week, Torts said this Flyers slump has shown us something about our players. Who should we keep and who should we dump.

Change of scenery trades. Kakko for Farabee.

Farabee is a young guy at 24. Signed for four seasons at $5M. Top 6 RW. Farabee slots into the Zibanejad line. $1M for every 10 points. Farabee has 49 points this season. 39 points last season.

The Rangers need to acquire a top 6 RW this summer. Win or lose this spring.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don’t put Karlsson in the top 15-20 D.

Yeah that’s nuts.

He’s easily the top defenseman of his generation and is the only player at his position to have a 100 point season in the last 30+ years.

He didn’t have the quality at his position that exists today in his prime but it also bears mentioning that he won a Norris competing against the great D that exists today.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Farabee is one many Flyers who has struggled since February. The Flyers goaltending has been bad. Losing Hart hurt the Flyers.

Hextall's draft pick. Fletcher gave Farabee the 6 year contract extension. Farabee and Torts don't get along. Torts will be there next season. Last week, Torts said this Flyers slump has shown us something about our players. Who should we keep and who should we dump.

Farabee is a young guy at 24. Signed for four seasons at $5M. Top 6 RW. Farabee slots into the Zibanejad line. $1M for every 10 points. Farabee has 49 points this season. 39 points last season.

No thanks. Rather just keep our guy. Sign Wennberg and shift Chytil to top 6 RW. If Filip isnt ready, Othmann and Berard are knocking on the door and Vesey is more than an adequate stopgap.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Lafreniere is three years away from UFA but custom with top players is to extend them with one year to run. Lafreniere has earned a long and lucrative extension. It won’t get any cheaper if he has another excellent year.

Igor is a little different. He would be one year away from UFA. Again, the custom is get him signed or trade him. Unless he shits the bed in the playoffs, he won’t be traded. The Rangers don’t have a replacement anywhere in sight.

The Cup window will stay wide open as long as Fox, Igor, Miller, Schneider and some of the veteran forwards are around. The forward group will evolve while the back end is set up for years to come.
I have wondered for a while what Igor would want on his next contract. Something to remember, he grew up a Rangers fan and idolizing Hank. Maybe if he wins a Cup with the Rangers this year, he's okay with moving on for a payday.

I think it's more likely he wants to stick around and chase the legacy of greatest Rangers goaltender ever. I wonder what that price tag will come to.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I have wondered for a while what Igor would want on his next contract. Something to remember, he grew up a Rangers fan and idolizing Hank. Maybe if he wins a Cup with the Rangers this year, he's okay with moving on for a payday.

I think it's more likely he wants to stick around and chase the legacy of greatest Rangers goaltender ever. I wonder what that price tag will come to.

If the Rangers win the Cup he can name his price. I would say if they dont win he will get something like 7-8 years 8.5-9.5 AAV. Thats the range Vasilevsky and Helleybuck signed for.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No thanks. Rather just keep our guy. Sign Wennberg and shift Chytil to top 6 RW. If Filip isnt ready, Othmann and Berard are knocking on the door and Vesey is more than an adequate stopgap.

As usual depends on who the RW is but this team has more pressing needs where they don't have any feasible in house help on the way. Berard should get first crack at trying to fill that need but I felt that way this year too.

Look at our D pipeline. It sucks. IF we're moving assets, thats what we should be adding.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
does cuylle make sense on the zib line at all?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Fara possibly a good target KK def wrong comp to pay
no

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If the Rangers win the Cup he can name his price. I would say if they dont win he will get something like 7-8 years 8.5-9.5 AAV. Thats the range Vasilevsky and Helleybuck signed for.
Vasilevsky got his deal in a no tax state and a much lower cap.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Defensively, Hedman is probably worse.

He's old and beat up and just doesn't bother anymore.

The problem with Trouba is that isn't any good at offense either.
It becomes obvious why Peg was so desperate for Neal Pionk. They were in the situation we were when we forced in Del Zotto because he was the only defenseman on the roster who could actually skate and hold the puck at the same time.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
TBL has 10 point lead on the Pens! Their leading scorer has 50(!!!) point advantage over Pens leading scorer. TBL has had three trips to the SCF in the last 4 years and won twice. When did Pens won their last one at least playoff series? Even their management knows they have no chance by selling off at TDL. I don’t even need to go to the fact that when you started disrespecting TBL it was in favor of Flyers lol.
The Lightning are 15th in CF%, 21st in xGF%, and 26th in the league in 5v5 goal differential with an eye-watering -22.

They're a terrible team at even strength that relies entirely on special teams.

That's also our mould, except we're better at 5v5 (especially if you take goals into account) and slightly better at special teams.

The Lightning do absolutely NOTHING that we're not better at.

They're in the playoffs because of one player, like, way more so than we are. At least we also have Adam Fox.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
The Lightning do absolutely NOTHING that we're not better at.
i'm not sure they don't mix it up better than us. lotta shitbirds on that team, from kuch on down to jeannot and paul. we have some shitbirds and guys with shitbird tendencies but i don't think it's to the same level.

fwiw i think that is a real element in a playoff series.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
i'm not sure they don't mix it up better than us. lotta shitbirds on that team, from kuch on down to jeannot and paul. we have some shitbirds and guys with shitbird tendencies but i don't think it's to the same level.

fwiw i think that is a real element in a playoff series.
This might matter in a close series. It wouldn't be.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
As usual depends on who the RW is but this team has more pressing needs where they don't have any feasible in house help on the way. Berard should get first crack at trying to fill that need but I felt that way this year too.

Look at our D pipeline. It sucks. IF we're moving assets, thats what we should be adding.

The pipeline is pretty bare on D (I will be looking for them to draft defenseman in June) but its mitigated by the fact that we have 5 defenseman 26 or younger under team control for next year. We're very deep on the wings at all levels and at C we could use some upside prospects but Mika and Trocheck arent going anywhere. I would personally buyout Goodrow and extend Wennberg with the savings this summer, so they are covered if Chytil never returns.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
The pipeline is pretty bare on D (I will be looking for them to draft defenseman in June) but its mitigated by the fact that we have 5 defenseman 26 or younger under team control for next year. We're very deep on the wings at all levels and at C we could use some upside prospects but Mika and Trocheck arent going anywhere. I would personally buyout Goodrow and extend Wennberg with the savings this summer, so they are covered if Chytil never returns.
We have 2 positional needs a top 6 center, and a top 4 defenseman.
I’d expect us to draft a high upside center in the first if anything.
this is a good draft for a defenseman if you’re in the top 15. From what I’m reading everything else is a bigger risk than usual

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Not really.

Roslovic but good would be what makes the most sense. Berard is the prospect we have who is closest to ready who plays that type of game.
Yeah, I love Cuylle but I don't see him being a long term top 6er.

Berard is absolutely infectious in the way he plays. I'd love to see if there's chemistry there with 93.

Otter has a higher ceiling, but I'd keep him bouncing up and down throughout next season. He's probably gotta cook a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad