Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Painful but true organizational growth moves would be:

Breadline
Kreider - Wenn - Kakko
Cuylle - Zib - Roslovic
Brodz-Goody-Rempe/Berard

PP1: Kreider-Tro-Laffy
Fox-Bread

PP2: Ros-Wenn-Kakko
Zib-Miller

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Looking forward, very happy we didnt trade any of Gabe, Berard or Othmann. I think Berard is better than Othmann tbh.

Next year it’s likely rempe, edstrom, othmann and berard make the team.

The opening night, pre-TDL lineup can legitimately be assembled without signing a single ufa from another club. However, due to organizational depth on the wings I think we are going to be trading a roster player around the draft

The following imo are nhl quality guys next season

Kreider-Mika-Berard
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Chytil (if alive) - Kakko
Edstrom-Rempe-Vesey

Goodrow, Brodz, Othmann

My guess is the following happens

1) goodrow gets traded at 50% retained. It’s better for us than the buyout long term cap hit wise (just not next season).

2) Kakko gets moved in a change of scenery type of hockey trade. Maybe something around Kakko, B-level prospect and 1st for Zegras?

That would leave us with the below

Kreider-Mika-Berard
Panarin-Zegras-Laff
Cuylle-Trocheck-Othmann/Brodz
Edstrom-Rempe-Vesey
Brodz/13F

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I’m hoping this Trouba injury is a blessing in disguise and it forces the coaching staff to pair Miller with Schneider and throw Trouba with Gus whenever he comes back but we all know that’s not how it’ll shape up. Hey at least Trouba will be rested for the playoffs:sarcasm:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I’m hoping this Trouba injury is a blessing in disguise and it forces the coaching staff to pair Miller with Schneider and throw Trouba with Gus whenever he comes back but we all know that’s not how it’ll shape up. Hey at least Trouba will be rested for the playoffs:sarcasm:
The defense is going to look better with Ruhwadel in for Trouba. Take it to the bank.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
The defense is going to look better with Ruhwadel in for Trouba. Take it to the bank.
We all knew Drury and Lavi weren’t going to tinker with the d so the second best thing would be to change the pairings. I’d even bet that the entire d minus Gus will be back next season despite or should I say in spite of the fans.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Can we retire the term "big game hunting" when it comes to trades and players. This isn't Buck Hunt.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Goodrow shouldn't be playing.

I get why he is, but he really shouldn't be playing.
well, we traded for 2 players who don't PK. We have Mika/CK, Tro, Vesey and Goody. We actually need one more forward to PK, Cuylle or Kakko?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
well, we traded for 2 players who don't PK. We have Mika/CK, Tro, Vesey and Goody. We actually need one more forward to PK, Cuylle or Kakko?

Wennberg does PK. He's actually PK'd quite a bit with Seattle though has been epically terrible at it this year.

I would have given either guy you mentioned a look there, probably both.

Reactions: gravey9

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think wennberg will do well here. With Kakko and Cuylle that can be a real matchup line with top 9 players rather than using a shitty “checking line” with Goodrow on it.

Roslovic does less for me. @Machinehead nailed it, right skill set but he just had something missing that doesn’t allow him to put it together.

I was excited about him at first but am now getting Ryan Spooner vibes.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I’d like to see Cuylle get PK time, especially since he has not gotten more than 10 seconds of PP time although he should be on the 2ed unite screening the goalie. Didnt he play on the PP in that spot in Hartford?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Goodrow should be minimized now. PK and maybe 7 minutes 5v5. It's one player where he is good on the PK and can win faceoffs. I'd love a better player, but he'll be asked to do the bare minimum and maximize the things he is good at.

The unfortunate aspect is that Lindgren can't be minimized. It might burn them, but you hope this last week maybe gives him a reset and becomes passable.

But this deadline was a success. Did not give up any of the better end of the prospect pool, added guys that can slot in a role, and used 2s and 4s to get it done.

Drury is giving himself the chance to make a splash move this summer or make some big changes. There's still a possibility that 2024 1st is for that. There's a lot more questions for this summer, unless they take off because things just fall into place with the additions.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Curious question, when was the last time the Rangers traded for an UFA, and then resigned him?
Do you count Goodrow? We traded for his rights as he was hitting UFA.

Other than Reaves I'm not sure.
Was Namestnikov a UFA because of arbitration or still a RFA when we signed him? Same with Trouba.
Maybe Raanta?

Strome still had a year on his deal when we got him and was an RFA

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
[
Do you count Goodrow? We traded for his rights as he was hitting UFA.

Other than Reaves I'm not sure.
Was Namestnikov a UFA because of arbitration or still a RFA when we signed him? Same with Trouba.
Maybe Raanta?

Strome still had a year on his deal when we got him and was an RFA

Goodrow rights was traded for. He never played games before. I meant at the deadline, trade for UFA that they resigned. Namestnikov was RFA. Reaves was resigned after the trade. Strome had a year and was RFA.

Reactions: egelband

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Edström was showing NHL quality in all his games. And - he will only get better. He will fight too. But he can play a Big Boy game skating as the harrowing Nordic winds like a giant Thor out there. 2 years remaining on a very good contract. This is how you develop a club. Detroit did it like this for decades. Ease in homegrown products. It's always about the trajectory growth curve of newcomers being above the demise curve of the "vets". That is the key. We got Otter, Berard and Sykora all up next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad