Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Fair. My knowledge of him is admittedly limited cause I really have to rely on highlights, other scouting reports, this board, and small viewing (cause I really would rather do something else then sit on a sketchy site and watch OHL games haha) but he ain't bad. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he does another OHL year. Honestly, with his age it can really break either way. He isn't without talent and smarts though so if anyone is wondering, he wasn't just a "pick the big dumb kid for tuffness" thing. He can play.
Yep. My knowledge of him is the same. Those viewings and the rookie games in Allentown. Although it wasn’t easy to tell who was who from those feeds. He did score. Hopefully he makes the Wolfpack and progresses from there.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Agreed. And thats the worst kind of worker, talented but lazy or complacent or doesnt give a shit. Id take a hardworking idiot over a lazy smart guy any day. You know who has more 5v5 goals than him right now? Blake Wheeler.
This is the Zibanejad that got traded from Ottawa, not the one we have seen for the last 5 years.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Agreed. And thats the worst kind of worker, talented but lazy or complacent or doesnt give a shit. Id take a hardworking idiot over a lazy smart guy any day. You know who has more 5v5 goals than him right now? Blake Wheeler.
You ready for the full list of people who have more 5v5 goals than Mika on just the rangers.

Panarin
Kreider
Laf
Cuylle
Trocheck
Vesey
Fox
Miller
Wheeler
Kakko

Finally Mika with 5! 5v5 goals.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Having a very good offensive year, has some decent skill and is another GIANT. I like what Edstrom and Rempe have brought and I'd like to see us find a GIANT with a bit more skill as that would be a whole other thing. We also have Chmelar. And I think he's decent, but I'm not sure where his development is at as he's been banged up.
Really like Chmelar and I’d like to keep him. Injury riddled year, but he played a man’s game for Czechia in the Olympics/worlds etc.
Big body, good wheels, finishes checks, and chips in on offense…
Always winds up going to the right spot of the ice
He could be in the Cuylle mold if he keeps developing

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
With how eager Hanifin seems to be to sign a retirement contract in Tampa, not sure I want him.
why is he so eager to get down there at the TDL - feel like at this point just go to whatever contender wants you and then hit UFA and sign with florida or tampa if you want but might as well hear out other offers

Last edited:

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’ve been vetted a few times in the past. Hope those same people remember me. I’m hearing that pacioretty is looking to move to the rangers. He is basically just waiting for a move to hopefully materialize.

Wow. I was just coming in here to suggest him as an option again now that the Caps are selling. I hate the idea of relying on another guy whose leg could go at any moment for the second straight year. However, the upside is high if he can find the fountain of youth like the other CT Ranger fan Quick has, hes definitely worth it if he essentially forces himself here.

If they deal kakko for a top 6 upgrade, Patches would look great as a 3rd line PP 2 guy.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I’ve been vetted a few times in the past. Hope those same people remember me. I’m hearing that pacioretty is looking to move to the rangers. He is basically just waiting for a move to hopefully materialize.
Would be an interesting fit. Not sure how much RW he has played in his career and LW is kinda covered lol. I don’t think it’s likely for that reason.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
why is he so eager to get down there at the TDL - feel like at this point just go to whatever contender wants you and then hit UFA and sign with florida or tampa if you want but might as well hear out the offers

Tampa is not a Hanifin away from the Cup. They need D but trading what remains of their future for a guy you can just sign in July is a dumb move.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Tampa is not a Hanifin away from the Cup. They need D but trading what remains of their future for a guy you can just sign in July is a dumb move.
Agreed. This feels like the Karlsson to Pitt move. It made no sense. They aren't winning. They gave up a 1st while having the most bare bones prospect pool.

Tampa has nothing left. They aren't winning, although I will say, they are more likely than Pittsburgh and with Kucherov, Hedman and Vasy, anything is possible I suppose.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Mantha traded, Zucker held out, Guentzel rumors. Drury better get this Wennberg deal done soon lest he miss out on the activity

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Agreed. This feels like the Karlsson to Pitt move. It made no sense. They aren't winning. They gave up a 1st while having the most bare bones prospect pool.

Tampa has nothing left. They aren't winning, although I will say, they are more likely than Pittsburgh and with Kucherov, Hedman and Vasy, anything is possible I suppose.

Tampa is always a threat in a 7 gamer but they lack the forward depth those cup teams had. Jeannott trade was the first strike.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Having a very good offensive year, has some decent skill and is another GIANT. I like what Edstrom and Rempe have brought and I'd like to see us find a GIANT with a bit more skill as that would be a whole other thing. We also have Chmelar. And I think he's decent, but I'm not sure where his development is at as he's been banged up.
not holding my breath but would be hilarious to have three 6’7” guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad