Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If they can, here are the prospects I'd prefer we keep:

Othmann, Perreault, Berard, Sykora, Laba, Rooebreck, Garand.

I am okay with moving every other prospect or pick for the right pieces. I prefer keeping both Berard and Sykora because of the way this team hopes to play in the future. I think those two are really important for identity reasons.

Now, if you're bringing back a player that also creates that identity but right now, then I'd be open to it. But not for an aging vet, rental who won't be here past this season. I'd consider moving one of the top prospects for a big impact grittier skill guy who could be considered a core or complimentary core piece for 3 more seasons.

What do you like about Roobreck?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Having a very good offensive year, has some decent skill and is another GIANT. I like what Edstrom and Rempe have brought and I'd like to see us find a GIANT with a bit more skill as that would be a whole other thing. We also have Chmelar. And I think he's decent, but I'm not sure where his development is at as he's been banged up.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please Lord, bestow your wisdom and favor upon GM Chris Drury. Allow him to see the light to get through this trade deadline without screwing up our club and giving us a chance to win the cup without completely mortgaging the future. As Bono said, Gloria in te dominae. Amen.
et gloria in excelsis Deo

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't see any way that any of Miller, Lindgren, Gus are benched.

It's why a depth D makes much more sense.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Don't want to speak for anybody, but he is a big kid that can skate and isn't solely relying on his size to produce, though he has shown he isn't afraid of the tough areas of the ice to make it happen. Good puck skills. More like edstrom then rempe. Of course, it's juniors and he is legit just so much bigger than everybody else. He has improved every year though which is good. Also a center. Also Also the generals have improved a lot this year and he may be a big part of that.

Again though, it's juniors and he's only 19. Way, WAY different when you have to do it against men that were all the best players wherever they played. Haha

Reactions: E-Train and gravey9

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We have no future. Need to go all in now.
NO
to quote Ringo Starr:
forget about the past and all your sorrow
the future won't last it will soon be yours tomorrow

I don't ask for much I only want trust
and ya know it don't come easy

What is Boo Nieves doing these days. Rangers need a center.
He is enjoying retirement prompted by in 4 concussions we know about

The time to listen to a bern suggestion about Nieves is not now
but at the relevant time prior

Now is the time to agree if we think our best chance to win a cup is to max extend the window w/minimum overreach splurges,
then we should consider outside the box internal moves now
that do not weaken us immediately after the season
b'c RENTALS DON'T WORK

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
not sure if mantha's a good fit with us or not, but his size and skill was a good combo. this is the kind of Mika/CK compliment that make sense to me more than most. Unfortunately there's not a lot of this kind of player available.

Reactions: Go Rangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad