Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Please Lord, bestow your wisdom and favor upon GM Chris Drury. Allow him to see the light to get through this trade deadline without screwing up our club and giving us a chance to win the cup without completely mortgaging the future. As Bono said, Gloria in te dominae. Amen.
We have no future. Need to go all in now.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
If they can, here are the prospects I'd prefer we keep:

Othmann, Perreault, Berard, Sykora, Laba, Rooebreck, Garand.

I am okay with moving every other prospect or pick for the right pieces. I prefer keeping both Berard and Sykora because of the way this team hopes to play in the future. I think those two are really important for identity reasons.

Now, if you're bringing back a player that also creates that identity but right now, then I'd be open to it. But not for an aging vet, rental who won't be here past this season. I'd consider moving one of the top prospects for a big impact grittier skill guy who could be considered a core or complimentary core piece for 3 more seasons.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I have no problem with anyone having a dissenting view or going against the grain. Actually I encourage that, & if you read my take on Fox a page or so ago, that's one example... recently it feels like these boards have been discouraging solid discourse & bullying people who have opposite viewpoints. I digress....

However, I believe you're aware of what I'm referring to & it's a little more nuanced than that. You're being intentionally & obnoxiously contrarian to any & all who aren't 110% buying in that this team is serious contender to win it all. It's way past Jay Horwitz level.
I have said myself said this team has holes and will probably not get out of the east. However, they are still a very good team and probably don't deserve the load of shit they get on a daily basis given the actual winning results on the ice. And yes, this does bother me. I try not to attack the poster, just the post. If I disagree with their position and I try to back it up with rational thoughts and reasoning. I just don't view things with a negative lense or believe the ration of shit this team gets is warranted and yes, I push back. The "woe is me" mantra from some is annoying AF given the team's place in the standings and the good deal of success they have had the last few years. I just don't get it.

Reactions: Ned Braden

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

I am okay with moving every other prospect or pick for the right pieces. I prefer keeping both Berard and Sykora because of the way this team hopes to play in the future. I think those two are really important for identity reasons.

Now, if you're bringing back a player that also creates that identity but right now, then I'd be open to it. But not for an aging vet, rental who won't be here past this season. I'd consider moving one of the top prospects for a big impact grittier skill guy who could be considered a core or complimentary core piece for 3 more seasons.
My sentiments exactly

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

one last thing, our prospect pool looks really thin right now TBH. It's not horrific, but it's also not filled with tons of prospects people get excited about.

Does anyone know if there are legit good college FAs that are worth signing this offseason? This team could use 1 or 2...

Reactions: bernmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad