Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean I tell Seattle to kick rocks, and try to get Lindholm from Vancouver if this is a scenario that exists
Nucks grossly overpaid for him, we would have to do the same. Pass.

Edit - People think Nucks after giving away a decent roster player (whether the struggled or not this year), a 1st, and 2 other prospects, are going to just give him to use for peanuts are very mistaken.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I wonder what the deal was with Lindholm in VAN. Why was he so bad of a fit there? And is he worth a premium going forward? Seems more iffy.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
After signing Pettersson,,I think they know they are not going to need (or be able) to sign Lindholm long term
Lindholm was acquired to be pettersson insurance. if pettersson was going to refuse to sign then having elias as a fall back center to throw money at was a nice play.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I wonder what the deal was with Lindholm in VAN. Why was he so bad of a fit there? And is he worth a premium going forward? Seems more iffy.
Lindholm has been terrible in Vancouver. They tried him with Petey. No chemistry. 3rd line center.

the Vancouver show discussed Lindholm being flipped in another deal. The guy has been brutal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
maybe? But he’s also a lot better than Wennberg. If I am moving assets, I want the better player
So then why stop there. If we don't care about the quality and number of assets that we are trading away let's see what McDavid would cost if we want the best player.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Lindholm is mediocre af and the Nucks found that out immediately. he's just not that good.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think Lindholm is a bit of fools gold.

Good player with numbers and thats about it, not worth the hefty price

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
So then why stop there. If we don't care about the quality and number of assets that we are trading away let's see what McDavid would cost if we want the best player.
Dude, you're insufferable lately. You were always a glass half full poster, but you were always amenable to discourse. Seems like a switch flipped recently. We're barely into March & you're among the leaders for the Al Trautwig MSG Ministry of Propaganda poster of the year award.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
After listening to Friedge on Chiclets the question remains, how does anyone listen to that donk’s podcast?

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Last summer, I thought Schneider was a possible trade chip. With Fox and Trouba locked in on the right side, it made sense as a possible chip to upgrade the offense. Two things have changed. Schneider is playing much better this year than last year. In my mind he is ready to take a step into the top four. And if Captain Trouba can’t deliver a deep playoff run this spring, he enters a window where he can be easily moved to another team.

I really think the Rangers would like a RW with term. You know who the candidates are. The trades they end up making will suck up some of the dwindling draft assets and the relatively thin prospect pool. Is it Reilly Smith time?

If the Rangers do get a RW with term, Kakko is gone this summer.
Trouba must be traded this offseason even if we have a run. The writing is on the wall

Lindgren as a 3LD if he must be kept.

KAM Fox
Chychrun Schneider

top4 of the future

After listening to Friedge on Chiclets the question remains, how does anyone listen to that donk’s podcast?
stay cised

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Dude, you're insufferable lately. You were always a glass half full poster, but you were always amenable to discourse. Seems like a switch flipped recently. We're barely into March & you're in the conversation for the Al Trautwig MSG Ministry of Propaganda poster of the year award.
Why because I bring up some good points and disagree with some people? It's nothing personal.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Why because I bring up some good points and disagree with people? It's nothing personal.
I have no problem with anyone having a dissenting view or going against the grain. Actually I encourage that, & if you read my take on Fox a page or so ago, that's one example... recently it feels like these boards have been discouraging solid discourse & bullying people who have opposite viewpoints. I digress....

However, I believe you're aware of what I'm referring to & it's a little more nuanced than that. You're being intentionally & obnoxiously contrarian to any & all who aren't 110% buying in that this team is serious contender to win it all. It's way past Jay Horwitz level.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think a question for us is do we think we could take Edstrom and Rempe into the playoffs, use them on a 4th line?

Because if the Rangers do think that then we don't need to trade for more than 1F at the most. Edstrom is for sure the more rounded player......and it's likely that if we play Rempe he's going to get very limited minutes. That said neither has hurt us on the ice so far. I'm not sure that either have even been on for a goal against. Edstrom can play a heavy game. Rempe can play a super heavy game and when it comes to attrition he's shown already in just a few games he can wreak considerable havoc even if he's not dropping the gloves......and sooner or later in the playoffs we may need to up our ability to play heavy against an opponent....I'm thinking particularly if we end up playing against the Panthers.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
For the record:
bern advises maxing value in our futures.

bring up Othmann, Berard, Robertson.
NOW

NO to ALL these trades
IF IF IF IF IF IF
you HAD TO make a deal, which BTW YOU DO NOT,
then

lesser of evils is forget lesser talents like Wennberg high talents like Guetz from Pens, etc, all of which are overpriced.

try to leverage Othman ++ for Vatrano +
get some futures upgrade while adding immediate help

Oth + Pajuneimi + Good retained 1.6x down to 2.0 + 2025 1st + 2024 4th
for
Vatrano + Helleson + ANA 2024 2nd + its 3 3rds [ANA PIT. SJ]

something like that

You really are a narcissist.

Reactions: Hire Sather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events