Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
you said they dont for next year and listed one player they are loosing. everyone else is two years from now. is robertson taking schultz's role next year? completely different types of d men, doesnt seem to fit. so then is robertson going to be their 7th d next year? you think they prefer that to a forward? i dont

I think they may see Robertson as someone they can insulate and play as a 7th d-man assuming no injuries and then have him full time the following season.

Schultz isn't quite the same Schultz of old either. He's more of a 2-way guy than an offensive d-man

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
so we have people that would unload to rent guentzel but dont want to trade anything significant for hanafin when hanafin addresses more issues here than guentzel. this team can score. it needs center help, speed/motor players, and a d man above everything.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
so we have people that would unload to rent guentzel but dont want to trade anything significant for hanafin when hanafin addresses more issues here than guentzel. this team can score. it needs center help, speed/motor players, and a d man above everything.
from what it sounds like Hanifin wants a Florida team

time to move to Chychrun

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Really? Did you watch the game last night?! Kakko could shoot the puck in the ocean from a pier.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think they may see Robertson as someone they can insulate and play as a 7th d-man assuming no injuries and then have him full time the following season.

Schultz isn't quite the same Schultz of old either. He's more of a 2-way guy than an offensive d-man
right (dunn helps that too), but i dont think robertson is a 2 way at this level, so different role.

i just dont see how they see value in robertson who isnt a standout prospect, i assume they could find something better elsewhere, unless you are adding something else to the 2nd and robertson. are you adding a conditional 3rd for the middling prospect in robertson? wennberg is going to be in demand as the center market keep drying up. drury is also not going to sit around and watch another of his target flop off the board so he is left there looking at just henrique for a 1st +.

this chytil injury really is a mess for the org.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Curious, from what Wenneberg sounds like and how productive Brassard was with Columbus. Is it possible Wenneberg blossoms into a poor man's Brassard?
When he came up with Columbus (drafted 14th overall in 13) he was thought to be the next top center there.

He played 3 years with Panarin and put up some good numbers with some PP time there.

Since then hes settled into a top 9 kinda guy. He is who he is.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
This is hyberbole & viewed solely with Rangers colored glasses. If Buffalo offered Dahlin & Tuch for Fox, I'd make this trade yesterday.
I can't get behind this take. Not at all.

You're watching Fox play with a shell of a partner and still do magic out there. With an upgraded partner, he becomes a game breaking talent who completely dominates the game when on the ice.

Rangers are wasting him this year. But if you watch his entire body of work, Fox is only tradeable for an elite game breaking forward.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
right (dunn helps that too), but i dont think robertson is a 2 way at this level, so different role.

i just dont see how they see value in robertson who isnt a standout prospect, i assume they could find something better elsewhere, unless you are adding something else to the 2nd and robertson. are you adding a conditional 3rd for the middling prospect in robertson? wennberg is going to be in demand as the center market keep drying up. drury is also not going to sit around and watch another of his target flop off the board so he is left there looking at just henrique for a 1st +.

this chytil injury really is a mess for the org.
The irony is that if not for Chytil's injury, we'd have very little cap space to make any moves. Wheeler would be on LTIR, but that's not a lot of space.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Really? Did you watch the game last night?! Kakko could shoot the puck in the ocean from a pier.
kakko has been the same kakko for years. he is a 3rd liner on this team. the twins are the twins almost regardless who plays with them anymore, nothing changes. guentzel has 39 ev points in 50 games playing with crosby, i cant imagine he is anywhere near that pace with zib who cannot create plays.

The irony is that if not for Chytil's injury, we'd have very little cap space to make any moves. Wheeler would be on LTIR, but that's not a lot of space.
without the chytil injury we wouldnt be pissing away assets for a 3c...

from what it sounds like Hanifin wants a Florida team

time to move to Chychrun
i prefer players that actually play the game. i would take chabot well ahead of chychrun if it is true that are considering moving chabot. neither option is ideal though

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I can't get behind this take. Not at all.

You're watching Fox play with a shell of a partner and still do magic out there. With an upgraded partner, he becomes a game breaking talent who completely dominates the game when on the ice.

Rangers are wasting him this year. But if you watch his entire body of work, Fox is only tradeable for an elite game breaking forward.
I've documented many times I'm not as high on Fox as most of the faithful here. I think his skating & lack of size severely limits him & I also feel like his game has plateaued.

Yes he's a great player & sure I'd love to see him with a better partner, but in no world do I think he's off limits in a hypothetical trade where one GM has the pick of another teams entire roster.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is it me or is it crazy the Flyers are legit thinking of trading two of their better dmen when they have a great chance to grab third in the metro? I mean are they straight up gonna tank that spot and just miss the playoffs? Their young players like Brink/Tippett/Foerster are looking pretty good and a playoff entrance would only help their development.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Even if you aren't in love with his game you have to consider that Gustafsson could walk.

He's signed for 825K and may want to test free agency after a couple of strong seasons.

That leaves Jones who's signed another year at 812K - is he in the Rangers plans to take his spot if Gus walks? You need another LHD to follow up and Roberston would be the next man up...

But hold up a minute - Mackey just reupped for 2 years @ 775K... and they like him.

That may be a hint that they are dangling Roberston. But its really about how the org feels about his game. Hes long and can skate. They like those types of Dmen
Lindy + Jones do not have enuf value, get a return for what they have
AZ hurting for backliners
exploit but don't be greedy
Lindy + Jones + two 3rds
for
2 2nds

yes that means we move ahl guys up now, growing pains and all, and I don't care.

Need to upgrade
need to seize opportunity available now not tom.
gotta break some eggs to make an omelet

This is what Im saying. Who cares about Guentzel's age? Borderline elite winger for a guy who gets a ticker tape parade for a 5 game point streak. Its a no brainer.
It is arguably no brainer to NOT continue to surrender youth for vets
esp for a rental we cannot afford to keep

I think Drury is going to try again before Friday. If the cost is Schneider+, they should pull the trigger and add Sean Walker or Matt Dumba in a separate deal. Sign Pesce of deMelo in the summer. Buffalo is a very stupid organization so they may not discuss it based on some misguided stance that they can't deal with the Rangers, but Drury should at least exhaust the possibility.
NO on moving Schneider almost any scenario
no

If the team wanted to 'try' something @ 5v5 and they acquire Wennberg, the move is:

Panarin-Wennberg-Lafreniere
Kreider-Trochek-Kakko
Cuylle-Zibanejad-_____
Goodrow-Brodzinski-Vesey

That's the move to make. I'd be looking at guys like Zucker for that open RW spot.
NO x 2
no on Wheinberg/Whenberg whatever berg = too little return for too much cost in the wrong currency
AND
no on ditching Eds + Remp

I bet Lindgren would have value as a young veteran to a stupid team like Buffalo. Rangers are spinning their wheels with this guy playing top pair even strength minutes, but like with Mika and Kreider, I dont think the coaching staff sees a better option right now
I would not disparage Buf w'o reason.
If we sold Lindy high earlier, then just like dealing Buch earlier, we could have netted signif return

NOW
best is likely
Lindy + Jones + two 3rds
for
2 2nds

Jokes on you, I dont watch the draft!
Although I side with the hero and not the anti-hero, I am reminded of the Joker [coincidental pun]:
[something like} If you don't watch, you're never gonna learn nothin

Whatever happens I want Edstrom on the 4th and Brodzinski sitting on Saturday. Rempemania has been great but Edstrom’s quietly done a good job on the 4th line. He doesn’t need anymore time in Hartford
Yes on Eds and also remp up here
no on sitting brodz
sit Good

They waived a veteran to give Big Ed the roster spot, I think he is safe. When(if?) the Wennberg trade goes through I think Brodzinski takes a seat. I think post deadline one of Rempe or Ed is going down so they arent a healthy scratch every night, but who knows? Lavi may want to keep the guys around to continue learning systems and NHL practice habits until the playoffs. He can always rotate them too so no one gets worn out.
bern does not know everything about everything
he'll be the first one to tell ya that

but I do know a lot about a lot
and
if they stupidly sit Eds and Rem
it will be a major mistake

Edstrom and Rempe aren't ready for 12 mins a night and playing them 7 is going to exhaust Mika/Trochek. Actual depth is going to make a huge difference.
HUGE disagree

A late 2nd is really not an overpay when you have Brodzinski as your current 3C. You have to give up something when acquiring a solid NHLer. He's a 30-40 point player who can play a 200ft game.
NO
a 2nd is a higher pick and is extra valuable to a club w/fewer picks that stupidly did too many useless win now rentals in recent yrs

Matthew Robertson is going to be the Seattle Kraken's Libor Hajek.
Only comment here is Hajek played like an all star for 4 games, 5th game he ruined his shoulder and was never the same

Can't comment on robbie b'c they are not playing, so we don't know really what he can/can't do

Dumba is Done-ba. He hasn't been good in 5 years. Honestly suggesting him should be ban worthy.

I disagree.
agree w/an asterisk*
If somehow something around Dumba for Goodrow can happen, then depending on what is involved, that should be entertained

Because he has an AHLer centering the 3rd line and Wennberg is significanty better. There also isn't a plethora of centers available.
yeah, no
not sure Wennberg > Brodz
like at all, forget signif

going to go hog wild right now

IN:
Guentzel
Wennberg
Hanifin

OUT:
Kakko
Lindgren
Goodrow
Robertson
1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks
(probably more prospects too but hear me out)

LTIR:
Trouba

Kreider-Zibanejad-Guentzel
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere
Cuylle-Wennberg-Vesey
Edstrom-Brodzinski-Rempe

Miller-Fox
Hanifin-Schneider
Jones-Gustafsson

still dont think this teams good enough. or under the cap either.
no thanks, keep dem hogs penned up

can put Cuylle up with the bromance

Kreider looked good with Cuylle but it was without Zibanejad
not saying that is inaccurate, but we should not be breaking u0 effective cuylle + Kakko to address other situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad