Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Fair, but I mean there are no cup favorites. Upgrading to Guentzel on the first line, Wennberg in the middle on the 3rd line and having Igor continue to play in god mode, I'd have a hard time seeing how we wouldn't be one of the favorites, even with Trouba and Lindgren.

Trouba and Lindgren see your doubts and raise a “watch me!”

• Haha
Reactions: Gardner McKay

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He has been a point per game player for the last 6 years. I'd ship our 1st, Kakko and a prospect out if I thought we had a snowballs chance in hell of re-signing him. He is worth it.
we can't sign another winger for what he is gonna want to be paid (8 million plus) and not to mention the term.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He's a proven 3C who plays a complete 200ft game and is a good transporter of the puck. He is also, what I would consider a plus skater. Not in the way that Kreider is but he can scoot.

He's 29 years old and if we look at his past 3 entrances into the playoffs, 2019-2020, 2020-2021 and 2022-2023 he has a respectable 14 points in 30 games.
Only 2 of those points on the man advantage

• Love
Reactions: Kendo and NYR Viper

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Sorry. Forgot to add the sarcasm/haha tags. It was hyperbole. Though, that doesn't change the fact that Tuch is a very good player and just about the only name mentioned that checks all the boxes people bring up.

That all being said, I don't think he is even available so...moot point really.
I did think it was a bit of a weird one!

Reactions: MrAlmost

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I mean if we read the tea leaves it’s pretty clear the rangers want a shut down checking/matchup and possession line. If Wennberg is the target putting him with Kakko could give you 2/3rds of that line. As for the 3rd piece I would love for it to be Cuylle but my gut says it would probably be Goodrow (barf) in big games/down the stretch.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
going to go hog wild right now

IN:
Guentzel
Wennberg
Hanifin

OUT:
Kakko
Lindgren
Goodrow
Robertson
1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks
(probably more prospects too but hear me out)

LTIR:
Trouba

Kreider-Zibanejad-Guentzel
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere
Cuylle-Wennberg-Vesey
Edstrom-Brodzinski-Rempe

Miller-Fox
Hanifin-Schneider
Jones-Gustafsson

still dont think this teams good enough. or under the cap either.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Curious, from what Wenneberg sounds like and how productive Brassard was with Columbus. Is it possible Wenneberg blossoms into a poor man's Brassard?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I mean if we read the tea leaves it’s pretty clear the rangers want a shut down checking/matchup and possession line. If Wennberg is the target putting him with Kakko could give you 2/3rds of that line. As for the 3rd piece I would love for it to be Cuylle but my gut says it would probably be Goodrow (barf) in big games/down the stretch.
I'd be pissed if Goodrow was not put on the 4th line and kept there.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
pittsburgh is dreaming if they think they're getting all that for guentzel
As far as I'm aware, he's the grand prize rental of this TDL. They're going to get at least some of that for sure.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
They really don't for next year. They are losing Schultz next year. Borgen, Dumoulin and Larsson are UFA's after next year
you said they dont for next year and listed one player they are loosing. everyone else is two years from now. is robertson taking schultz's role next year? completely different types of d men, doesnt seem to fit. so then is robertson going to be their 7th d next year? you think they prefer that to a forward? i dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad