Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
w/everyone short at RD, doubt he is available, but if VAN is planning to pinch pennies b'c cap space [esp going forward w/EP 40 extending]
maybe
Podkolzin can be had cheap and we get them to add natural RD Juulsen.

Pod + Juul + VAN 2024 3rd
for
Vesey + Jones + Rs 2024 5th

something like dat?

even if Pod is not better stopgap than Oth, we still help our RD weakness now, and possibly short term also

also chance Pod is a fit, we get lucky....

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Don't want to speak for anybody, but he is a big kid that can skate and isn't solely relying on his size to produce, though he has shown he isn't afraid of the tough areas of the ice to make it happen. Good puck skills. More like edstrom then rempe. Of course, it's juniors and he is legit just so much bigger than everybody else. He has improved every year though which is good. Also a center. Also Also the generals have improved a lot this year and he may be a big part of that.

Again though, it's juniors and he's only 19. Way, WAY different when you have to do it against men that were all the best players wherever they played. Haha
Looking forward to see how he looks in Hartford next year. As you said he can skate at that size, he also can rip it and dish it as a C. He knows what he’s doing in the scrapping department as well.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I kind of feel this board hasn't quite seen how Goodrow has been used this season. As well as this post there was comments yesterady about him being 'Lavi's pet" and regularly playing 14+ minutes.

Goodrow played the 7th most forward minutes 5v5 yesterday, a full 2 minutes behind KK who was in 6th. You could argue that Vesey could have had more minutes, but that's about it based on current roster options and they play a different position. Who else does Lavi have to utilise right now?
His ATOI (all situations) is down 1:30 from last season (12:49), which makes me question the 'regularly plays 14+ minutes line) and the lowest it's been since his brief 8 game stint with the Lightning in 19-20.
Despite missing KK, Wheeler and Chytil for large parts of the season, Lavi hasn't shown a tendency to promote Goodrow up the lineup, and certainly not above the 3rd line. He even seemed to prefer Brodz to him until very recently.

The playoffs are a different beast, but if Drury is able to get some centre depth I can't see why we'd think Lavi would play Goodrow over them based on what we've seen this season
I’ll add this is by far the worst regular season he’s played arguably ever….
But there are few players if any in the last 6-8 years that played more hockey then Goodrow… and a lot of that was playoff hockey.. real hard tough minutes where he got that contract for himself…

If and I mean if he ups his game and has a great playoffs, a lot will be forgiven tbh… that’s the main reason for his deal, his warrior playoff performances on winning teams…
He’s played on a broken Foot and many other injuries as well…
People think that there’s a chance he gets dealt before the deadline are out to lunch…
I’m hoping Goody can rebound and play like he’s capable of playing. A good 4th line center and Vesey on his right wing should be a solid 4th line.

He’s been better the last 2 months, I’d just like to see him kept as 4th LW and keep him there with steady linemates

Reactions: egelband

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Looking forward to see how he looks in Hartford next year. As you said he can skate at that size, he also can rip it and dish it as a C. He knows what he’s doing in the scrapping department as well.
Fair. My knowledge of him is admittedly limited cause I really have to rely on highlights, other scouting reports, this board, and small viewing (cause I really would rather do something else then sit on a sketchy site and watch OHL games haha) but he ain't bad. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he does another OHL year. Honestly, with his age it can really break either way. He isn't without talent and smarts though so if anyone is wondering, he wasn't just a "pick the big dumb kid for tuffness" thing. He can play.

Reactions: egelband

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
Zibanejad is one of my favorite Rangers in the last 10 years and have his jersey, but he’s not playing well. He gets his points because he gets a lot of Powerplay time and he’s talented, but you can’t stay he’s giving his all right now. If he was forechecking hard and getting chances but just snakebit that would be a different story.
Agreed. And thats the worst kind of worker, talented but lazy or complacent or doesnt give a shit. Id take a hardworking idiot over a lazy smart guy any day. You know who has more 5v5 goals than him right now? Blake Wheeler.

Reactions: duhmetreE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad