Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
8i65ba.jpg

So many teams just f***ing suck this year. There are like 5 good teams. Too many sellers, not enough buyers. Amazing that Monahan got sold for 1st+ so early.

Diamondhands Drury should hold out for some cheap deals for 3rds and 4ths in the final stretch run.
Winnipeg is desperate to get fans back in the building. They need a long playoff run.

Reactions: Tob

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Yes, but he's playing on the Caps, who are 3rd worst in goals scored this year.

He's also coming back from significant injury, but historically, he has always been a good goal scorer. At a low cost, he's worth the gamble.
The guy is cooked my friend. I trust Rempe to play with Ace and Gary over Pacioretty.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Rangers need a center with term not a RW with term. They are good at RW with Perrault, Laf, Kakko at RW, and Othmann, Panarin, Kreider and Cuylle at LW.

Even when Panarin and Kreider are gone they can move Laf back to LW.

They need centers.

Don’t move Kakko unless it’s for a young stud center.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers need a center with term not a RW with term. They are good at RW with Perrault, Laf, Kakko at RW, and Othmann, Panarin, Kreider and Cuylle at LW.

They need centers.

I agree but they can use defensive dman help too. My choice and cheap would be Scandella LD with size grit and defensive responsible. Wont cost more than a 4th in my opinion.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Rangers are going to bid against themselves (and manage to outbid themselves) for a player (Wennberg) that does not improve this team in the way it needs to be improved.

He's also not good at faceoffs. What exactly are we losing our collective shit over this guy for?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Since you’re aware that was two decades ago, I’ll leave that alone and just say I don’t think there’s a coach who could’ve lost with Lecavalier, MSL, Richards, Boyle and Khabibulin all in their prime.
Glen Sather once said if he had the Rangers budget he would win the cup every year (obviously pre cap days).

I'm willing to bet that that Brian Trottier as a coach would have been smoked. Same with Sather.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Rangers are going to bid against themselves (and manage to outbid themselves) for a player (Wennberg) that does not improve this team in the way it needs to be improved.

He's also not good at faceoffs. What exactly are we losing our collective shit over this guy for?
Based on what information? They aren't bidding against themselves. That is absolutely absurd.

No one is losing their shit either. He's a good 3 C. That checks the box for one improvement.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

They need centers.

Apparently Wennberg is the stud center they've been dreaming about. Sub 50% on faceoffs, career high 17 goals, 67 career EV points in 693 games... what an absolute unit this guy is. Cup is ours. Sell our youth for him, let's go.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Based on what information? They aren't bidding against themselves. That is absolutely absurd.

No one is losing their shit either. He's a good 3 C. That checks the box for one improvement.
Brodzinski can do what this guy does. There's literally no upgrade there. Except for the obligatory "he played with one of our current players a bunch of years ago".

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I still don't think this team wins anything with the current iteration of Zibanejad.

Why the coaching staff isn't trying everything, or even anything, to get him going at 5v5 is frustrating beyond belief.

Wasn't he one of those players that has issues like he is not coachable, and is fine with losing

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

They need centers.

Laughing at the idea of Kakko being anywhere near a “young stud center”. He’s a 3rd line grinder.

(If he’s still here Saturday I’ll be his biggest fan)

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Brodzinski can do what this guy does. There's literally no upgrade there. Except for the obligatory "he played with one of our current players a bunch of years ago".
I'm tired of reading this.

No he can't. He's a nice story and he's had a great season but he's 30 and this is the first time he's stuck on an NHL roster for more than 2 weeks. Wennberg has been a top 9 center in this league for 9 years now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
You ignored every point I made.

Legitimately, you are the only person "losing their shit" in the form of an overreaction. Brodzinski should be on the 4th line. Not the 3rd.

Wennberg slots in the 3 spot. Things fall into place. In the event of an injury, he can move up and down the line up. Brodzinski can't. For a reasonable price it's a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad