Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
What lawsuit?

Everyone wants to join a Cup contender
Now whether it’s true or not is another discussion. You would have figured somebody mainstream would have reported this.
IMG_3803.jpeg

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Now whether it’s true or not is another discussion. You would have figured somebody mainstream would have reported this.
View attachment 830252
It is true, here's a link to a swedish newspaper:

Brödernas vd stäms för lån på 4,5 miljoner – Mika Zibanejad kan förlora sin villa

"Mika Zibanejad is included in the lawsuit because he chose to pledge his villa in Nacka as security for the loan. If the debt is not repaid, the counterparty has the right to claim the NHL professional's villa."

Reactions: EdJovanovski

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers Kraken proposal

Would anyone make this trade??

Rangers trade RW Kakko to Kraken for C Shane Wright

Rangers get center depth and Kraken get a forward who is struggling in the Rangers system, but still has potential.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Players to avoid

Frank Vatrano

I know, I know, I know. Everyone loves Frank Vatrano and his season has been an incredible story. He’s scored 29 goals and 48 points in 61 games, giving him one of the most productive offensive seasons of anyone available. Vatrano is a good player who has always had a pretty keen finishing instinct, one who makes sense as a middle-six scoring threat in a sheltered role.

The worry comes with what the price tag may be for a player whose scoring totals may inflate his perceived value. At the right price, Vatrano can be a savvy add, especially with an extra year remaining on his deal. However, some red flags warrant caution regarding his acquisition cost.

Vatrano has 29 goals this season, but a lot of that has to do with his power-play usage. He’s Anaheim’s primary triggerman and has made hay in that role scoring 4.6 goals per 60. That’s off an inflated 25 percent shooting percentage that would be difficult for any player to keep up. Over the prior three seasons, Vatrano has scored on half as many shots with the man advantage. Some might point to playing with better players on a top unit as one reason for the spike — but that’s not a role he would receive on a playoff team. Expectations need to be tempered regarding his goal-scoring for that reason.

Perhaps the bigger issue is Vatrano’s play without the puck. It’s worth taking his on-ice numbers with some grain of salt given his location, but it’s not exactly ideal that the Anaheim Ducks got outchanced and outscored more with Vatrano on the ice in each of the last two seasons. That’s likely a result of playing too high in the lineup, the exact thing that’s helping him look like a much more productive forward than he likely is. It shows that while he can produce in those bigger minutes, it’s at a net loss to the team thanks to his defensive acumen.

That limits Vatrano’s fit as a top-six forward. If teams understand the risks and he doesn’t cost as much as the usual price for one, then no harm done. He’s a potentially strong fit as a sheltered scorer. But there looks to be a decent chance that his surprising point totals could make the cost of acquisition costlier. And if he’s put in a higher role than he can handle, the acquisition cost may not be the only worry.

Vince called Vatrano the "ideal fit" for the Rangers. Vince is a moron.

Vatrano couldn’t get into Florida's lineup when that team got better players. Vatrano plays on a bad Anaheim team and he becomes Pavel Bure. Verbeek can keep him until next trade deadline.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Imo Vatrano will land here for a 2nd, not sure about that price but i think thats where he lands. I'm kinda nervous about this deadline, imo we need to keep all roster players and Perrault and Othmann, and maybe even Berard since he appears closer to being an nhl ready option incase of injuries.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Moving any non 4th-line roster player to try to find somebody to fit with Kreider and Zibanejad, scares me.

I think that duo will be at least passable in the playoffs, playing low event hockey against top lines, but we will not have a chance against any playoff team if we're rolling out Cuylle and Brodzinski on the third line without Kakko.

Even moving Lindgren mid-season, without adding another NHL D, would be crippling the second that there's an injury and we have to play Mackey or Robertson in a playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad