Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I would like to see something like this:

TWINS - ? (Chris - surprise us at 14:59 on Friday just before weekend begins)
Bread - Vinny - LAF
Cuylle - Roslovic - K2
Goodrow - Brodz - Vesey

Miller - Fox
Middleton - Schneider
Lindgren - Trouba
?

Gus dealt to the West to recoup assets
Plenty of Black Aces

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Rangers are going to bid against themselves (and manage to outbid themselves) for a player (Wennberg) that does not improve this team in the way it needs to be improved.

He's also not good at faceoffs. What exactly are we losing our collective shit over this guy for?
Nobody is losing their shit but you. He's not Crosby but he's a decent and needed 3C addition. He's a better player than AHLer Brodzinski.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers need a center with term not a RW with term. They are good at RW with Perrault, Laf, Kakko at RW, and Othmann, Panarin, Kreider and Cuylle at LW.

Even when Panarin and Kreider are gone they can move Laf back to LW.

They need centers.

Don’t move Kakko unless it’s for a young stud center.
Without knowing for sure whether or not Chytil will be back, I think that's premature.

If we want to upgrade on Brodzinski for the playoffs, fine, but it should be a cheap rental, not an expensive, long-term player. Re-evaluate in the summer.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Brodzinski can do what this guy does. There's literally no upgrade there. Except for the obligatory "he played with one of our current players a bunch of years ago".
No, no Brodzinski can’t.

Please stop with the warped overreaction that includes stating people are making him out to be a “stud”. No one is doing that.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Laughing at the idea of Kakko being anywhere near a “young stud center”. He’s a 3rd line grinder.

(If he’s still here Saturday I’ll be his biggest fan)

I think he could be part of a package for a guy like Zegras, that qualifies. Two guys with higher upside who might need a change of scenery.

I would like to again point out that it was not a year ago that everyone was saying Kakko had turned the corner and Laf was lost. This org does not have its kids follow normal trajectories. Cautionary tale.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Without knowing for sure whether or not Chytil will be back, I think that's premature.

If we want to upgrade on Brodzinski for the playoffs, fine, but it should be a cheap rental, not an expensive, long-term player. Re-evaluate in the summer.
I don't know whether such a player exists, but ideally we'd be able to find a guy who can play both C and RW with 2-3 years left at around $3.5-4m (a useful Goodrow if you will).
Provides cover short-term and if Chytil can't return, otherwise he just slides across. And with our lack of centre depth across the organisation he'd also provide some depth and options until we sort that out

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I dont think anyone is GUSHING over Wennberg.

He doesnt shoot enough, he may be one of the worst centers in the league over the dot but he checks a lot of other boxes.

With that said, no one is giving away centers. The Rangers need depth there, desperately.

He's got 590 more games of NHL experience than Brodzinski and he's a year younger.

He's also got 42 playoff games under his belt and averaged almost .50 ppg in the last 30 of them. He was played 19 min a game in Seattles little run pushing the Stars to 7 games last postseason. He got that time because hes reliable with the puck.

He is no where near a perfect player but he's 1000% an upgrade over Brodz and Goodrow and should fit into a nice role on the 3rd line.

Last edited:

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
1000002626.jpg

LannyMcdonald

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
The team needs a center no mater what. An injury to anyone and it’s someone like Kreider playing center.
Exactly this. By andding one, you elevate your 3rd, 4th and 5th line centres. Same point on D. Because you need the depth. Adding around the 3rd line level has proven most effective over the past several years if you look at the cup winners.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Patches at 50%
Wennberg at 50%

Leaves room to absorb another decent sized contract

Oilers want to clear space to get Henrique or someone better, but they have no cap. Opportuntiy move to get Foegele for cheap.

Panarin Trochek Laf
Kreider Wennberg Patches
Cuylle Zib Foegele
Vesey Brodz Kakko

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Barabanov on Panarin's line could be interesting, bump up Laffy to try getting the twins going. There looks to be a handful of buy low candidates to bolster our wings.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Patches at 50%
Wennberg at 50%

Leaves room to absorb another decent sized contract

Oilers want to clear space to get Henrique or someone better, but they have no cap. Opportuntiy move to get Foegele for cheap.

Panarin Trochek Laf
Kreider Wennberg Patches
Cuylle Zib Foegele
Vesey Brodz Kakko

Another name after a Wennberg/Pacioretty acquisition would be Okposo. I think he could be a good piece for the 4th line.

Depending the maneuverability of salary + retention, they could likely afford all of Wennberg, Eberle, and Pacioretty.

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Eberle
Kreider-Wennberg-Kakko
Vesey-Goodrow-Pacioretty

Pacioretty gives you scoring insurance and fortifies the PP2.

Reactions: NYR Viper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad