Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
FWIW, I feel bad for Nieves, but I don't think he was cracking this lineup to start this season anyway. Same for ADA, though I'm not sure what the Rangers options are for him other than carrying him as a spare/7th or hoping he doesn't get claimed when waived.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Would anyone trade Marc Staal for Brandon Dubinsky? Dubinsky makes $5.85m over the next 3 years, Staal makes $5.7m. Dubinsky seemed to have some health issues last year. Perhaps he is a LTIR candidate? Or perhaps he would be a nice 3rd line winger?
Why would Columbus?

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
FWIW, I feel bad for Nieves, but I don't think he was cracking this lineup to start this season anyway. Same for ADA, though I'm not sure what the Rangers options are for him other than carrying him as a spare/7th or hoping he doesn't get claimed when waived.

I thought ADA played a reasonably solid game last night. He's in the lineup again for Wednesday, I'm guessing because Quinn wants another look at him. There's also no reason we can't start the season with 13F and 8D and go from there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

There is the option to play him.

He'll have a few more games to prove himself but so far, so good.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

“It happened so fast, I don’t know if guys saw it, and we responded by winning the game, obviously, but there are other ways you can respond,” the coach said when asked about the absence of retaliation. “It’s been discussed [with the team].”

Let's just keep focusing on the response that involves winning the game, since that is largely the point.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
“It happened so fast, I don’t know if guys saw it, and we responded by winning the game, obviously, but there are other ways you can respond,” the coach said when asked about the absence of retaliation. “It’s been discussed [with the team].”

Let's just keep focusing on the response that involves winning the game, since that is largely the point.

I think the point he is trying to make is that over an 82 game season you have to have each other’s backs.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zero reason for Mcleod to be there if he’s going to sit on his hands and do nothing in a meaningless preseason game. He should have jumped gryba first chance he got.

The McLeod signing is a waste of money. I've noticed that most guys known for dropping the gloves quit when they turn 30.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
That article pissed me off so bad, nothing about Quinn in the interview suggested he was "irked". Quinn was totally fine, he didn't want Gryba's head on a spear, he may have wanted to see some roughness on Gryba the rest of the game but he wasn't angry with the lack of taking Gryba's number the rest of the game.

Reactions: Tob

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Zero reason for Mcleod to be there if he’s going to sit on his hands and do nothing in a meaningless preseason game. He should have jumped gryba first chance he got.
He might not have gotten a chance. That’s the drawback to these forward enforcers who can only play less than 8:00 per game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That article pissed me off so bad, nothing about Quinn in the interview suggested he was "irked". Quinn was totally fine, he didn't want Gryba's head on a spear, he may have wanted to see some roughness on Gryba the rest of the game but he wasn't angry with the lack of taking Gryba's number the rest of the game.

Targeting Gryba wasn’t really what he was talking about.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What’s going on with Reinhardt? That would be a situation I would be monitoring if I were Jeffy.

He's a guy that should sign a bridge deal. IMO Sam's one of the smartest players in the game, but the athleticism isn't there to be an elite level player. To me he's a Derek Stepan that was mishandled a bit, and without the leadership abilities.

BUF misplayed their hand by tweening him on the wing for the last two years. He's not a scoring winger, nor a checking winger, but he could do both from the middle behind other centers (which BUF has). He's a guy that can rake up the PP points on a good squad as a bumper option.

There are stretches of several weeks where he put up PPG totals, and other stretches where he wasn't there at all. Sam's foolish to think he's going to get paid like the former, but you can take the bridge, and cash out.

Reactions: Berserk

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Concerning Quinn didn’t send Mcleod out there to bury gryba. His response was no different than the one we’d get from AV. Turn the other cheek win the game crap. Who cares if we lose that game. It’s meaningless. Take the instigator no and earn some respect.

This was very Troubling from Quinn and Mcleod.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He didn't get a shift after the hit.

Then that’s on the coach and it’s even more concerning. That’s sending a message that we are going to continue to turn the other cheek.

It also makes zero sense to sign a guy that can’t play a lick of Hockey then have one of your guys head almost removed and not put him on the ice to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad