Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
@Edge where would you put the odds of an Eichel trade? 1%? I feel like they wont bite without Kakko at least, and once we pull the trigger on a Calgary trade then we would no longer have half the offered assets anymore. Are talks with Buffalo holding up a Calgary deal?

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Also didnt Herman say that Buffalo put together a laughable hypothetical yesterday that included Laf + other blue chip assets?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I guess that is the thing... unless Eichel publicly asks for a trade, how do you sell a deal like that to your fanbase?

"An anonymous inside source, close to the Eichel party, informs us that he is not happy and is going to request a trade"

Lets get this Fake News started

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think it’s naive to think with all this smoke that eichel has not privately already requested that trade. There’s a level of doing thing professionally and I’m sure this has already happened which is why it’s even being discussed.

listen buffalo is not going to be better next season. They’ve done nothing. They need to tear it down build around Dahlin and I’m sure eichel has expressed he wants nothing to do with it. My two cents

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think at least one, maybe two of the on the table list would have to be included. Is that Chytil, Kravtsov and 22 as a foundation? Maybe, we'll see.

The rumored challenge for Buffalo is that they "need" someone who can come in right away and put up points for them.

Do you expect Buffalo already cutting the check for 75% of Eichel's salary to be a major impediment to them moving him now?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also didnt Herman say that Buffalo put together a laughable hypothetical yesterday that included Laf + other blue chip assets?
Yes he posted an article about it this morning. Buffalo's GM isn't doing his job if he doesn't aim high, regardless of what the Rangers think

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
How on earth can Buffalo sell a JE trade to that fanbase that doesn't bring back Laf or KK.

I can't believe that this is actually a thing.

I don't see it happening either, at least not until Buffalo flounders early in the season and Eichel makes some real noise about wanting out.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I do not believe for a second that the Buffalo talks are dead. I don't know if there's been anything in the last 48 hours, but it isn't a dead subject for either team.

Lafreniere was not on the table. Kakko was not on the table.

Miller, ADA, Buch, Chytil and Kravtsov were all on the table.

I always knew we'd never make it through the rebuild with a "100% homegrown" set of players but seeing a guy like Miller out there hurts a bit. Can certainly see why he'd be on the table but.. ouch.

Now, that being said, Eichel, Zib, Panarin, Kakko, Lafreniere, and Kreider all on the same team? That's some CHEL-level insanity right there.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
What is interesting is that if:

-The main pieces in an Eichel trade are being offered for other packages around the league AND if JG is the one who leaked Buffalo's "astronomical asking price" for Eichel...

That means that JG is most interested in a deal with Buffalo, and all other deals are secondary. I say that because a leak like that would lend other teams to feel that a deal with Buffalo is unlikely, and that takes leverage away from the NYR when negotiating for other packages.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
How many goals does Eichel score with Panarin? 50? 60?

IMO getting Eichel means Zibanejad is most likely gone in 2 years. Maybe that's the point. To transition to a longer term 1C. Hopefully he could develop a 2way game.

It also means our defensive group gets weaker and relies heavily on kids. Suspect path to take

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I do not believe for a second that the Buffalo talks are dead. I don't know if there's been anything in the last 48 hours, but it isn't a dead subject for either team.

Lafreniere was not on the table. Kakko was not on the table.

Miller, ADA, Buch, Chytil and Kravtsov were all on the table.

Pull of a deal for Eichel without giving up Laf, Kakko or Kravtsov and I do not know how hard I will homer out. I cannot be held responsible.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
How many goals does Eichel score with Panarin? 50? 60?

IMO getting Eichel means Zibanejad is most likely gone in 2 years. Maybe that's the point. To transition to a longer term 1C. Hopefully he could develop a 2way game.

It also means our defensive group gets weaker and relies heavily on kids. Suspect path to take

I wonder if at this point, Eichel could be Plan A, and Elias Lindholm from the Flames is Plan B.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Do you expect Buffalo already cutting the check for 75% of Eichel's salary to be a major impediment to them moving him now?
This is part of the reason I wouldn't be inclined to move him right now if I was Buffalo. That and I think having more time to soften the fanbase reaction for the inevitable return.

They could go shock and awe style doing it right now but I can't imagine that going over well.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
This is part of the reason I wouldn't be inclined to move him right now if I was Buffalo. That and I think having more time to soften the fanbase reaction for the inevitable return.

They could go shock and awe style doing it right now but I can't imagine that going over well.
I agree with this. If we offered the #1OA, that's an easy sell to the fanbase. If we offered a bunch of really good pieces that only NYR and very knowledgeable hockey fans know about, that's a difficult sell...even if the value is fair.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Jack Eichel
Jake McCabe

For

Filip Chytil
Vitali Kravtsov
Matthew Robertson
Ryan Strome (cap reasons and closer to home)
Anthony DeAngelo
22nd Overall

I'd do this deal, gives them a guy who can put up some points now (Strome), a center for the future (Chytil), a puck moving defenseman (DeAngelo), a solid forward prospect (Kravtsov), and a B level defense prospect (Robertson).

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Eichel-Kakko
Lafreniere-Howden-Gauthier
DiGiuseppe-Barron-UFA

Smith-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek-McCabe

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad