Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
How many goals does Eichel score with Panarin? 50? 60?

IMO getting Eichel means Zibanejad is most likely gone in 2 years. Maybe that's the point. To transition to a longer term 1C. Hopefully he could develop a 2way game.

It also means our defensive group gets weaker and relies heavily on kids. Suspect path to take

I’m not sure mika is going to get 10 mil. Not at 29 not in this climate. He’d have to put up 2 seasons of what he just did and what he just did was basically top center in the league type production. He was scoring at the highest gpg average of anyone. I’m not sure that’s sustainable. I think he’s a point per game player. At 29 though in this flat cap climate. 10 million dollar offers may not be out there like they have been lately.

but regardless I’d bet management is more than willing to cross that bridge when they come to it. They have two years of Mika and eichel together with laf and Kakko on ELCs

Last edited:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
How many goals does Eichel score with Panarin? 50? 60?

IMO getting Eichel means Zibanejad is most likely gone in 2 years. Maybe that's the point. To transition to a longer term 1C. Hopefully he could develop a 2way game.

It also means our defensive group gets weaker and relies heavily on kids. Suspect path to take

It’s fair to say that Eichel would be the insurance plan relative to Zibanejad. Let’s see how Zibanejad plays the next 2 seasons, along with any unforeseen injuries. The Rangers will be in a good position.

Reactions: Kovalev27

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't think I want to trade Miller in an Eichel deal, he's arguably our best defensive prospect. I also worry about losing Mika if we trade for Eichel. I'd rather have Mika than Eichel minus top prospects.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What is interesting is that if:

-The main pieces in an Eichel trade are being offered for other packages around the league AND if JG is the one who leaked Buffalo's "astronomical asking price" for Eichel...

That means that JG is most interested in a deal with Buffalo, and all other deals are secondary. I say that because a leak like that would lend other teams to feel that a deal with Buffalo is unlikely, and that takes leverage away from the NYR when negotiating for other packages.

If you are suggesting that the leak to Herman was from a place that Eich may want to go, then yes. It's a classic negotiation tactic, but also alerts the market that things that are not public, may end up going public. In a situation such as this, the player has a lot of sway.

For the Rangers, it would be great to have a deal done tomorrow, but when you are dealing with something of this magnitude, hard deadlines the hardest when the player's actions dictate what they are.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Jack Eichel
Jake McCabe

For

Filip Chytil
Vitali Kravtsov
Matthew Robertson
Ryan Strome (cap reasons and closer to home)
Anthony DeAngelo
22nd Overall

I'd do this deal, gives them a guy who can put up some points now (Strome), a center for the future (Chytil), a puck moving defenseman (DeAngelo), a solid forward prospect (Kravtsov), and a B level defense prospect (Robertson).

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Eichel-Kakko
Lafreniere-Howden-Gauthier
DiGiuseppe-Barron-UFA

Smith-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek-McCabe

Shesterkin
Georgiev
ugh. like. this is fair I guess but from a principle point of view this deal would really upset me, ngl

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I think at least one, maybe two of the on the table list would have to be included. Is that Chytil, Kravtsov and 22 as a foundation? Maybe, we'll see.

The rumored challenge for Buffalo is that they "need" someone who can come in right away and put up points for them.

Then keep Kravtsov.

ADA, Buch, Chytil, and 22 for Eichel.

We re-sign Fast; deal Strome for a pick or picks.

Without regard to actual line construction, our depth chart becomes

Panarin - Zibanejad - Kakko
Kreider - Eichel - Fast
Lafreniere - Howden - Gauthier
Lemieux - Barron - DiGiuseppe

Lindgren - Fox
Hajek - Trouba
Reunanon- Smith

Kravtsov and Miller on the way mid season.

Reactions: Blueblood9

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
When does Trouba's NMC kick in? Isn't that Oct 7th? Wouldn't a signing bonus be paid on the same date?

or do I have my date wrong

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Jack Eichel
Jake McCabe

For

Filip Chytil
Vitali Kravtsov
Matthew Robertson
Ryan Strome (cap reasons and closer to home)
Anthony DeAngelo
22nd Overall

I'd do this deal, gives them a guy who can put up some points now (Strome), a center for the future (Chytil), a puck moving defenseman (DeAngelo), a solid forward prospect (Kravtsov), and a B level defense prospect (Robertson).

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Eichel-Kakko
Lafreniere-Howden-Gauthier
DiGiuseppe-Barron-UFA

Smith-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Hajek-McCabe

Shesterkin
Georgiev
We cannot go into the year with Howden as the 3c, thats a recipe for disasters. If we do trade Chytil for Eichel we'd need to figure out some alternative.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Im hoping a deal like ADA, one of Krav/Chytil, a prospect not named Lundvist/miller and the 22 get it done for Eichel.

so something like
ADA
Krav
Robertson
22 OA

For Eichel

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
We cannot go into the year with Howden as the 3c, thats a recipe for disasters. If we do trade Chytil for Eichel we'd need to figure out some alternative.
I agree although I'm skeptical on whether the coaching staff/management would think the same

I don't know if it would be their first choice, but it's clear the team is much higher on Howden than the fans haha

Reactions: Rangers743

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I always knew we'd never make it through the rebuild with a "100% homegrown" set of players but seeing a guy like Miller out there hurts a bit. Can certainly see why he'd be on the table but.. ouch.

Now, that being said, Eichel, Zib, Panarin, Kakko, Lafreniere, and Kreider all on the same team? That's some CHEL-level insanity right there.
Agreed.

And people should bear in mind, as @Edge clarified, that's the selection of pieces the Rangers said they'd be willing to move, not an actual proposal. So, if BUF says, "Okay, fine, we'll move him and Miller needs to be part of the package," then you're pulling back 2-3 of the other names.

This is a) why you build up such depth and b) always go BPA. If they move Miller, they still have Robertson, Reunanen, Jones, Hajek, and Rykov as prospects who range from good to outstanding.

(It would hurt to give up Miller, though.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trxjw

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
So reading the through the thread is this gonna be either 1 big trade or multiple smaller trades

So its eichal or trade ADA Strome and other pieces in individual deals

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If you are suggesting that the leak to Herman was from a place that Eich may want to go, then yes. It's a classic negotiation tactic, but also alerts the market that things that are not public, may end up going public. In a situation such as this, the player has a lot of sway.

For the Rangers, it would be great to have a deal done tomorrow, but when you are dealing with something of this magnitude, hard deadlines the hardest when the player's actions dictate what they are.
Such an uncomfortable situation for a rookie GM to have to deal with this. I'm not suggesting that he's going to automatically screw it up or that teams will automatically be able to take advantage of them, just pointing out that this is a difficult situation for seasoned GM, let alone a rookie guy.

However, if Buffalo we're going to trade him this would probably the most perfect situation for an ownership group to facilitate a trade. A new GM with potentially a new vision for the team, or rookie GM that maybe didn't make the best trade in the world and can become a scapegoat. Either way ownership has the opportunity to kick this guy into the curb if whatever trade they make doesn't work out

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Buff would want Kakko or Laf. I’d be surprised if they don’t ask. I wouldn’t do it if that’s the case. They don’t need to make a trade IMO. If his contract was up then I can see a lesser deal happen

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Exciting times and a lot of speculation

Hoping fans keep their heads though as the roster will likely be less experienced than last season. It won’t be the coach’s fault and no these kids aren‘t busts.

J.D. said we aren’t even close so temper the expectations and enjoy the bumpy ride. Roster will likely have Laf, Miller, Barron, Krazkov in their rookie seasons with others still finding their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad