Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
How many goals does Eichel score with Panarin? 50? 60?

IMO getting Eichel means Zibanejad is most likely gone in 2 years. Maybe that's the point. To transition to a longer term 1C. Hopefully he could develop a 2way game.

It also means our defensive group gets weaker and relies heavily on kids. Suspect path to take
True. But it puts the Rangers in a much better place when its time to negotiate that extension.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Calgary has a previously scheduled announcement coming up in 5 minutes. Could be jersey related. Possibly a reason that not much is happening on that front I guess.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
We would still be a better team on paper than last year by adding LAF, Kravs, Kakko in second year, Igor for the entire year, and addition by subtraction with Staal gone.

and younger along with less experienced. Enjoy the ride (how many fans won’t panic? Lol)

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Do you expect Buffalo already cutting the check for 75% of Eichel's salary to be a major impediment to them moving him now?

I wonder if they can work out a deal where Eichel can give the money back to Buffalo and the Rangers can then be the ones to give him the signing bonus for this next season.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I don't really see the incentive for the Sabres to move Eichel unless he low key 100% told Adams that he will not play for them next year.

I'd set our sights lower.
Eichel is a goner, It will happen in this or the nexr offseason. The sooner you trade him you maximize the return.
Unless, of course, the Sabres miraculous get better and start tô contend. I'm not betting on that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People are concerned that we won't be able to afford Mika if we trade for Eichel. Is Eichel worth that much more than Mika that we should trade A- assets for the switch?

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
You may have 2 top 5 centers the way Zib is developing, but I do understand K27s point. The idea is to win a championship and construct a well balanced team that is built for a playoff run, not just destroy the offensive record books. But hell, you may achieve both...

As the great and wise Johnny Lawrence once said:

"The best defense...is more offense."

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
and younger along with less experienced. Enjoy the ride (how many fans won’t panic? Lol)

It may be bumpy for sure but they will be a more talented group and the bottom 6 should be much better. I also think that having Igor the entire year can't be understated. What is JD supposed to say? We are going to be serious cup contenders? Of course he has to temper expectations. Lets see what happens the next 48 hours.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
People are concerned that we won't be able to afford Mika if we trade for Eichel. Is Eichel worth that much more than Mika that we should trade A- assets for the switch?
I don't necessarily think that JE's salary and Mika's next salary are interlinked, there are many many factors at play.

I think the general rational is, if you ever have a chance to land a guy like Eichel(for a reasonable return obviously), you go out and you do it. You worry about cap juggling later.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
It may be bumpy for sure but they will be a more talented group and the bottom 6 should be much better. I also think that having Igor the entire year can't be understated. What is JD supposed to say? We are going to be serious cup contenders? Of course he has to temper expectations. Lets see what happens the next 48 hours.

for the majority of fans, i’d say he doesn’t have to say much. For the LOUD minority who go hyperbole without immediate gratification, yeah he has to say it.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I think any team who has a young superstar talent that requests a trade (if true, Eichel did it the correct way, not like Andersson did for the Rangers - and hell no obviously he isnt in the same universe as Eichel, but you get the point) is immediately screwed and likely isn't getting back complete fair market value.

Yes you have to give to get, but if the kid wants out you need to get as best a return as possible. From the buyer its much easier to throw money at a UFA and have them eat cap then deplete your roster and futures for a single player.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

It's more than a one for one though.

It's trading for having BOTH of them for 2 seasons, insurance if Mika goes down/leaves in 2 years.

I don't see it happening since Buffalo already picked up that bonus, unless of course Jack said "I will never play for you again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad