Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Thanks so much Edge. You're usually pretty grounded and can read situations accurately, do you put any odds on a deal materializing with buffalo for JE? Usually teams try to avoid trading a star so close in proximity, but it's just seems NYR has the assets, cap space, and motivation to push through that.

I think the Rangers would do a deal. I think Buffalo is less enthusiastic right now without Lafreniere or Kakko being on the table.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What!?!?! K'Andre!?!?! Krav!!?!? Chytil!?!? It better be a damn good deal for us

The "Table" is BUF's purported ask. I would give them 5 NHL level pieces, and a couple of futures. Say somewhere in the vicinity of 6-8 pieces all together. Not necessarily the pieces in your post, but I would give BUF 5 NHL level pieces.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
What!?!?! K'Andre!?!?! Krav!!?!? Chytil!?!? It better be a damn good deal for us

all on the table doesn't mean they would all be included...and no doubt that is in the context of an eichel deal. he isn't going to come free. if you want to make kakko, lafreniere, fox and shesterkin off the limits than basically everyone else has to be possible or don't bother calling. the question is how many would need to be involved...but individually they each would be.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
this is 100% my belief and I’m glad you are confirming it. Of course buffalo is going to start by asking for those guys otherwise they wouldn’t be doing their jobs. But those guys are untouchable. The next later of avail prospects/young players are as good or better than anything anyone else has to offer. We have plenty of pieces including #22 this year and our 2021 first as well to play with.

I think at least one, maybe two of the on the table list would have to be included. Is that Chytil, Kravtsov and 22 as a foundation? Maybe, we'll see.

The rumored challenge for Buffalo is that they "need" someone who can come in right away and put up points for them.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
IMO committing 4 years to the wrong guy cause he is available now and you are operating in win now mode like next season is the most important thing would be stupid too
Who said anything about committing four years to the wrong guy or operating in win now mode? There are going to be plenty of options available to the Rangers. Jack Eichel NOT being the choice doesn't make it that player the wrong guy. Especially if you take into account player cost.

If he can he had for a great deal now, then go for it. If he can be had for a great deal in 9 months, go for it. But you don't wait 9 months to hope things change.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
How the hell are we going to fit Eichel's salary here long-term?!?

the answer is that you don't re-sign mika in 2 years since his new deal will likely be for more than eichel makes. whether that is a smart move can be argued but IMO that is how the cap would work.

Reactions: bbny

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think at least one, maybe two of the on the table list would have to be included. Is that Chytil, Kravtsov and 22 as a foundation? Maybe, we'll see.

The rumored challenge for Buffalo is that they "need" someone who can come in right away and put up points for them.
Is it absurd to see a situation where the rangers trade from monahan and flip him along with some of those younger assets that you just mentioned? Moving Buch for monahan and then moving monahan ada and some of those young pieces you mentioned for JE? I know that's very NHL 21 ish, but it could be the type of thing that could satisfy a bunch of teams

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The best part is, JG and his f*cking magic made it totally possible to get Eichel without gutting the future of this team.

We live in a special time where this is possible with zero negative repercussions.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Is it absurd to see a situation where the rangers trade from monahan and flip him along with some of those younger assets that you just mentioned? Moving Buch for monahan and then moving monahan ada and some of those young pieces you mentioned for JE? I know that's very NHL 21 ish, but it could be the type of thing that could satisfy a bunch of teams

Right now, I'd think you're looking at either/or scenarios. Not necessarily a chain reaction where one deal leads to assets that are included in another deal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

Yah I’d have to imagine Kravtsov and/or Chytil (Not sure it’s both)being involved. To me though DeAngelo would be a big big piece for Buffalo to request. That’s a guy you can sell to the fan base as getting a top point producing 24 year old right shot pp qb. I also thought Strome could be involved here.

what if you get Strome DeAngelo Kravtsov/Chytil and number 22 or unprotected 2021

to me you have a very good return there short term and long term.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
The Rangers have engaged with no less than 6 teams in the last 48 hours. At least 3 of them were serious conversations.

This list includes, but is not limited to Calgary, San Jose, Edmonton and Chicago. The latter two were draft-related conversations.

Will the Oilers chicken out this year like they did last? Oilers wanted to keep their 8 OA from last year and draft a defenseman instead for Buchnevich. Now, perhaps Buchnevich for Oilers’ 14 OA is more comfortable for them. Rangers try for Holloway at that draft position.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yah I’d have to imagine Kravtsov and/or Chytil (Not sure it’s both)being involved. To me though DeAngelo would be a big big piece for Buffalo to request. That’s a guy you can sell to the fan base as getting a top point producing 24 year old right shot pp qb. I also thought Strome could be involved here.

what if you get Strome DeAngelo Kravtsov/Chytil and number 22 or unprotected 2021

to me you have a very good return there short term and long term.

If I had to guess, I could see Strome going seperately to grab a pick or a support player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad