Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
1. I would be shocked if they let Strome go for nothing. So I don't see that as a likely outcome.

2. Rangers are very active right now with a few things cooking. Sit tight.

yah no they aren’t going to just leave him unqualified to walk away. Gotta be able to get a pick from somebody. Just get back into the 2nd round. There will be some surprise names that drop for sure

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
1. I would be shocked if they let Strome go for nothing. So I don't see that as a likely outcome.

Can you comment on if this activity is a variety of individual / separate moves that wouldn't necessarily be tied together, or if they may be several moves that are dependent upon each other and could see players being flipped?

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
yah no they aren’t going to just leave him unqualified to walk away. Gotta be able to get a pick from somebody. Just get back into the 2nd round. There will be some surprise names that drop for sure

I'm gonna speak into existence that we are pulling a Buch-to-Edmonton with Strome right now.

Someone in the top 10 wants him.

IT WILL BE SO

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Calgary still in play or are they getting closer with a different team?

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018

Do you have an insider? If so are the targets guys that have been discussed here? Or is it a guy out of left field that we didn't see coming?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Can you comment on if this activity is a variety of individual / separate moves that wouldn't necessarily be tied together, or if they may be several moves better dependent upon each other and could see players being flipped?

The Rangers have engaged with no less than 6 teams in the last 48 hours. At least 3 of them were serious conversations.

This list includes, but is not limited to Calgary, San Jose, Edmonton and Chicago. The latter two were draft-related conversations.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The Rangers have engaged with no less than 6 teams in the last 48 hours. At least 3 of them were serious conversations.

This list includes, but is not limited to Calgary, San Jose, Edmonton and Chicago. The latter two were draft-related conversations.
Thanks, and can you comment on any of the Buffalo information or is that taboo right now

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

so a trade could happen today, or most likely tomorrow??

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
So this might have been discussed, but could the delay on the Strome QO be related to the teams Rangers are speaking with not wanting him to go to arbitration and would rather try and sign him to a longer deal?

If that was what was going on I would certainly expect a deal to be done soon to give the new team time to discuss.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

giphy.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Thanks, and can you comment on any of the Buffalo information or is that taboo right now

I do not believe for a second that the Buffalo talks are dead. I don't know if there's been anything in the last 48 hours, but it isn't a dead subject for either team.

Lafreniere was not on the table. Kakko was not on the table.

Miller, ADA, Buch, Chytil and Kravtsov were all on the table.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City

The Wild Wild West

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I do not believe for a second that the Buffalo talks are dead. I don't know if there's been anything in the last 48 hours, but it isn't a dead subject for either team.

What!?!?! K'Andre!?!?! Krav!!?!? Chytil!?!? It better be a damn good deal for us

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With the salary unloads of Hank and Staal and another two first round picks coming up we are in such great shape on all fronts. Be patient JG. Only want deal if it makes 99.9 percent sense for future not just for next year

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007

Bigtime relief there. I think it's reasonable to expect some of those pieces would need to be included in an Eichel trade.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Thanks so much Edge. You're usually pretty grounded and can read situations accurately, do you put any odds on a deal materializing with buffalo for JE? Usually teams try to avoid trading a star so close in proximity, but it's just seems NYR has the assets, cap space, and motivation to push through that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

this is 100% my belief and I’m glad you are confirming it. Of course buffalo is going to start by asking for those guys otherwise they wouldn’t be doing their jobs. But those guys are untouchable. The next later of avail prospects/young players are as good or better than anything anyone else has to offer. We have plenty of pieces including #22 this year and our 2021 first as well to play with.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If it's just one big deal, it would seem unlikely that Buchnevich is involved without a legit RW coming back. I don't see how they would deal him and leave Kakko/Kravtsov/Gauthier as our only RW.

Perhaps we are looking at a DeAngelo/Strome package to Calgary rather than the more discussed DeAngelo/Buchnevich package.

Nothing would stop the Rangers from:
A) moving Kreider to the right side
B) Signing a RW
What @NYR Viper said, and also:
A) Given the choice, I shore up C over RW, every time, all the time.
B) All three of the names you mention to play RW if Buch leaves are projected to be top-6 RWs, two of them hopefully at a higher level (and I love Buch). We want them playing there eventually – if it takes a season or two for them to find their footing, I can absolutely live with that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad