Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
They’ve been planning for years thinking the cap would keep going up a certain amount and now it’s not going up at all potentially for years - definitely goes to lead to conservative decision making

NHL moves always seem to have a ripple effect more so than other sports. On top of the flat cap issues, I'm sure there are lots of conversations happening around the same players, some teams may be waiting to see if they can land a big FA, others are looking to move salary before a deal can be made...so many moving parts. But I think if (when) the shoe drops on one or two deals, we may see a flurry in movement afterwards.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
To be honest I don't think teams "plan for years" for the cap, seems like they mainly just figure out how to make it work for a year ahead at most and do whatever they need to do to make it work after that

Reactions: Leetch3

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Man the NHL is f***ing lame

every year it’s “omg there’s so many crazy players available” and every year it’s “here’s this shitty player being traded for a 5th instead”

Reactions: Kovalev27

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The nhl sucks really does today should be crazy. Nothing. NHL GMs are so conservative

You would think Tampa would be making a couple moves ASAP, either to clear space or get more value out of trading their RFAs before offer sheet season begins.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You would think Tampa would be making a couple moves ASAP, either to clear space or get more value out of trading their RFAs before offer sheet season begins.

If only it were that easy.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Question for all: From BUF's perspective... does it make more sense to ask for a 2021 unprotected 1st?

The reason why I ask is, thinking about the Duchene and Karlsson deals, if the Rangers miss the playoffs next year (which they did this year) and get lucky again, the 2021 unprotected pick is a whole lot more valuable than the 22. So you may get two swings at three lottery picks.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
With Niskanen retiring Philly would be a great spot for Tony, Sanheim for Tony swap would be dope although won't happen

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Question for all: From BUF's perspective... does it make more sense to ask for a 2021 unprotected 1st?

The reason why I ask is, thinking about the Duchene and Karlsson deals, if the Rangers miss the playoffs next year (which they did this year) and get lucky again, the 2021 unprotected pick is a whole lot more valuable than the 22. So you may get two swings at three lottery picks.

Depends on the package being offered. But generally, I would think so.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Grabner and Fast would make Philly a very deep team, and one that's a contender. I don't know the landscape but does Niskanen retiring mean they have cap space for Petro?

Damn.... hats off to Alain. That's a team using their financial muscle. Respect.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Grabner and Fast would make Philly a very deep team, and one that's a contender. I don't know the landscape but does Niskanen retiring mean they have cap space for Petro?

Damn.... hats off to Alain. That's a team using their financial muscle. Respect.
They haven't signed anyone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad