Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Sorry they're not uprooting more families for your entertainment.
These guys and their families will not have to work ever again because they are in this line of business. And moving around North America is part of the job.

If they don't like it and can't negotiate a NTC, they can always quit their current job and start working at Amazon or at Walmart.

So I say: bring on the entertainment.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Anyways, I'm thinking we'll see lots of movement.

One GM said anonymously about the period before free agency starts: "I'm looking to shed some bad contracts to make space for some new bad contracts". We're in the stage where most of the moves we're seeing are making space so far. Think the dam will break sometime before tomorrow.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
These guys and their families will not have to work ever again because they are in this line of business. And moving around North America is part of the job.

If they don't like it and can't negotiate a NTC, they can always quit their current job and start working at Amazon or at Walmart.

I think it shows you how privileged I am when I hear Amazon and think, high paying office job and not the fulfillment centers I assume you were talking about.

Scully Scultore

Apr 22, 2019
Question for all: From BUF's perspective... does it make more sense to ask for a 2021 unprotected 1st?

The reason why I ask is, thinking about the Duchene and Karlsson deals, if the Rangers miss the playoffs next year (which they did this year) and get lucky again, the 2021 unprotected pick is a whole lot more valuable than the 22. So you may get two swings at three lottery picks.

i would assume they would ask for both of those picks

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah, I'm all about player movement and hope we see lots. But if there isn't, I'll deal.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Somehow I doubt it. Never lives up to the hype.

I'm sure there are countless conversations that are occurring but I agree, rarely do we see many monumental trades. The groundwork seems to be there for them every year and then they just can't cross the finish line. That's okay, we all enjoy discussing them anyways but I would temper our expectations

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Signings are starting to trickle in of UFAs to be. With some players not hitting the market, trades will open up. UFA boards are being re-ordered. Braun and Soucy, while not big names, are NHL defenders. Ones teams probably wanted to sign. A bigger move has to break the thing open.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Starting to remind me of 2017 where we had pages and pages of "Guess they're not going to trade Stepan!" and "All this build up for nothing!" post culminated by a Brooks tweet declaring the same, only to see Stepan traded a couple hours before the draft.

Yeah there arent going to be blockbusters dropping everywhere, but we'll see moves of some significance pretty soon.

Im starting to feel like we're going to select at 22 though and I'm 100% okay with that.

Reactions: Trxjw

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah there arent going to be blockbusters dropping everywhere, but we'll see moves of some significance pretty soon.

Im starting to feel like we're going to select at 22 though and I'm 100% okay with that.

Yeah fans tend to treat the draft as some sort of implicit deadline for making big trades. The reality is most of the eventful stuff happens after the draft, leading up to free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad