Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Snoozer today thus far

Although you'd figure something actually happened considering we've burned through almost 700 posts in this thread in less than 24 hours

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Question for all: From BUF's perspective... does it make more sense to ask for a 2021 unprotected 1st?

The reason why I ask is, thinking about the Duchene and Karlsson deals, if the Rangers miss the playoffs next year (which they did this year) and get lucky again, the 2021 unprotected pick is a whole lot more valuable than the 22. So you may get two swings at three lottery picks.

I take the risk since next year is apparently a weaker draft. Plus, you have a bit more leeway when you're coming off the 2nd and 1st overall picks in back-to-back years and have already added young talent like Fox and others on ELCs. If that piece helps get a deal over the goal line and saves us one of Miller or Kravtsov, then so be it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Snoozer today thus far

Although you'd figure something actually happened considering we've burned through almost 700 posts in this thread in less than 24 hours

Pretty big rumors floating around, in large numbers, and a lot of big decisions coming up for this team before and during the draft, so it isn't that surprising.

Flames rumors
Buffalo rumors
Vegas light rumors

Strome qualifier
ADA being dangled as trade bait
22 overall being dangled as bait

Jesper Fast UFA situation

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I wasn’t expecting much to happen today until I saw t the Original post in this thread put the likelihood a big deal would happen today at around 85%. I don’t see that post up anymore. I was up late last night and this thread was created right before I went to bed.

I truly appreciate our ITK fellow posters here. Just wanted to clarify why I am so amped up for today.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I gotta admit It is kind of funny seeing our fans Convinced Eichel will be in a Ranger jersey shortly

I think most of us realize it's a bit of a longshot, and we're fine with that. If it happens, cool. If not, cool also. Rangers are in the driver seat.

But that tweet by their GM doesn't mean anything, lol. Of course, he's gonna say that.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I gotta be honest, this neighborhood of maniacs is one of my favorite places on the internet. I am sensory overload and I don't have time to dive in here like you guys, I would lose my job. I'm not that special but I just would turn around and hours go by.

But I lurk and I'll be honest if you can't lurk and pick up the info you need to, or know to go to the like 4th-to-last-page out and go from there, well you just don't know how to HFNYR right and that's on you broh.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
1 day away from Lafreniere. it's crazy. i think i'm gonna have to pour a drink.

Edit: for the post above....it is unreal how many in the know-ish posters share tidbits. It makes the board and I am grateful to all of them. No need to call em out, they know who they are, but just a thanks from this old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad