Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Zemgus Girgensons | 3 years, $850k AAV

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
There’s really no one else on the roster to move up there besides Hagel, and we’ve already seen he’s atleast capable of producing with Cirelli to some degree.
I must have missed him producing with Cirelli. What I remember was like a 21 game goalless streak when Stammer was chasing that record. That said Hagel has to step up now no matter what line he is on. He is now aid big bucks. In all honesty he will have to carry that line like Stammer did the last 5 years. It is not an option Cirelli can not carry a scoring line .

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I must have missed him producing with Cirelli. What I remember was like a 21 game goalless streak when Stammer was chasing that record. That said Hagel has to step up now no matter what line he is on. He is now aid big bucks. In all honesty he will have to carry that line like Stammer did the last 5 years. It is not an option Cirelli can not carry a scoring line .
Hagel had 24 goals and 66 points even strength last season. Stamkos had 21/42. Hagel definitely drives play more, Stammer can’t carry a line anymore. Stammer is clearly the better finisher.

They both had time with Point and Kuch, Hagel perhaps a bit more.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Hagel had 24 goals and 66 points even strength last season. Stamkos had 21/42. Hagel definitely drives play more, Stammer can’t carry a line anymore. Stammer is clearly the better finisher.

They both had time with Point and Kuch, Hagel perhaps a bit more.
All true. The question is can Hagel drive that 2nd line. It would be dumb not to have Guntzel on the line with Kuch and Point. Hagels production needs to increase this year and being with Cirelli is concerning. Putting Gunther n Stammers place on the PP is going to be a show. He and Kuch are going to have some huge numbers. We will miss Stammer at the dot but then again that’s where Paul may help out. Hate seeing Stammer go but have to feel that was always part of JBB’s plan. I mean his finl offer to Stammer was 3x4. He was not serious about keeping him.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
  1. All true. The question is can Hagel drive that 2nd line. It would be dumb not to have Guntzel on the line with Kuch and Point. Hagels production needs to increase this year and being with Cirelli is concerning. Putting Gunther n Stammers place on the PP is going to be a show. He and Kuch are going to have some huge numbers. We will miss Stammer at the dot but then again that’s where Paul may help out. Hate seeing Stammer go but have to feel that was always part of JBB’s plan. I mean his finl offer to Stammer was 3x4. He was not serious about keeping him.
intro-1595884792.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Hoek

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
All true. The question is can Hagel drive that 2nd line. It would be dumb not to have Guntzel on the line with Kuch and Point. Hagels production needs to increase this year and being with Cirelli is concerning. Putting Gunther n Stammers place on the PP is going to be a show. He and Kuch are going to have some huge numbers. We will miss Stammer at the dot but then again that’s where Paul may help out. Hate seeing Stammer go but have to feel that was always part of JBB’s plan. I mean his finl offer to Stammer was 3x4. He was not serious about keeping him.

It would be dumb to have more than one scoring line?

I seriously don’t understand what the f*** you people are thinking if you don’t understand that Guentzel - Cirelli - Hagel is the solution..

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Sabres fan, Gus has always been a guy I’ve supported. I think in the right system he can be a really strong bottom six guy. He has good straight line speed, doesn’t take bad penalties, will finish a check (although not a banger by any means)

If you want 10-10 from your fourth line guy with good defense, he is as solid as it gets. I think he could have made a bit more if he was going to a bad team, but Tampa probably offered term so he took a bit less.

Wishing him the best for you guys
You are class personified.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
buffalo fan here, you guys got a player with Gus, he's he ultimate workhorse give it's every shift. good skater strong body, underrated scoring ability and defensively responsible. he can play anywhere in the line up. plug and play. happy he's going to a team that can give him a taste of the playoffs.

Personally i'd throw him with

Hagel-Cirreli-Girgenson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad