Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I don’t think it really matters. You can trade Georgiev and get a vet minimum guy and be asset positive.
This ain’t a clearance sale. We didn’t lose our lease and everything has to go. Keep Georgie unless we can find a better option. We are deep with prospects and picks. Keep the proven NHL goalie if the return is a scratch off ticket in the 3rd round.

Reactions: bl02 and haveandare

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why does he have to be young? He's the back up goalie. Most teams want an experienced back up if they have a rookie starter. And yes, they can probably get one cheaper than Georgiev.

A 3rd does nothing for us? Weird thing to say considering the guy who beat out Georgiev for the starting job was a 4th round pick himself.

Saturated goalie market works both ways. How much Georgiev would be able to fetch in return would also be impacted.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I've been working on drywall all morning, is anything happen since edge was in here dropping hints?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
who would you suggest that’s out there to replace Georgiev? I want a competent solid back up not one on serious decline.
Plus if Georgiev has to fill in any time for Shesty which could happen and he does well his trade value could go up in future.

I'd be fine bringing back Cam Talbot. Give him two years and offer him expansion protection if he signs for $1.5m per year.

Georgiev's value is far more likely to go down as a back up to Igor than it is to go up.

Reactions: jas

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This ain’t a clearance sale. We didn’t lose our lease and everything has to go. Keep Georgie unless we can find a better option. We are deep with prospects and picks. Keep the proven NHL goalie if the return is a scratch off ticket in the 3rd round.
I don’t agree. It’s about Igor, not about Georgiev. If there is a good deal they should take it. Obviously not unhappy if he stays, but it’s going to be a buyers market for goalies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd be fine bringing back Cam Talbot. Give him two years and offer him expansion protection if he signs for $1.5m per year.

Georgiev's value is far more likely to go down as a back up to Igor than it is to go up.
Hard to predict that right now considering I don’t think his value is that high on his own right now. Maybe in a package could be smarter idea.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
As things currently stand, next season is gonna be tightly compacted. Is in, your backup needs to be more than a bargain bin average goalie because he is gonna be seeing more games than usual. That also makes the inevitable injuries that much more devastating.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I gotta think. RD retires. Do we have any RD with ties to Philly?

Think Philly would be looking for more of a matchup guy to replace him, but I wonder.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I don’t agree. It’s about Igor, not about Georgiev. If there is a good deal they should take it. Obviously not unhappy if he stays, but it’s going to be a buyers market for goalies.
I am all for asset management. We do have some depth at the goalie position. That said Georgie’s value can improve if he develops and is made available when there is’nt a glut of goalies available. Only reason to trade him is if bigger pieces are moving and he needs to be included. I don’t love him in a minor deal in a bad market for netminders.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Hard to predict that right now considering I don’t think his value is that high on his own right now. Maybe in a package could be smarter idea.

Well I think it's a given that the team isn't trading him for peanuts. If they get an offer they feel is appropriate then they'll trade him. He might be used to move up in the draft as well. We've speculated on Edmonton, Calgary, and Chicago being potential targets there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I gotta think. RD retires. Do we have any RD with ties to Philly?

Think Philly would be looking for more of a matchup guy to replace him, but I wonder.
Not on the Rangers anymore, but is that Nick Holden’s music?!?!

Reactions: Thirty One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad