Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
so this means they get an extra day because they are working on a trade or a long term contract?
They get an extra day, but not because they're working on something. It just means that the original agreed upon date in the MOU changed and the change seemingly wasn't widely made known to writers/the public. Hence the confusion.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brooks wrote what I've seen written elsewhere, regarding Strome and the situation with him being arbitraiton-eligible:

"Those numbers would likely elevate Strome, who had a cap hit of $3.1 million last season, into the realm of the $4.75 million neighborhood.

That would likely be too rich for the Rangers, even if they do have the space under the cap to accommodate it. Remember, too, that Strome is a season away from unrestricted free agency, so we’re probably talking about No. 16 becoming a trade-deadline rental property.

And yes, the Rangers would have walk-away rights, but only if the award is above $4,538,958. That could be close to the award if the arbiter goes low. It is unlikely the Blueshirts would extend a QO without being comfortable having the power to walk away from it."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/04/rangers-have-huge-ryan-strome-decision-to-make-as-deadline-nears/
Yeah. I think the chances of them not qualifying him are basically non-existent. I think they're trying to either sign him to an extension and/or trade him before the QO, letting the other team then deal with that process. It doesn't sound like anyone considers him walking to be a realistic possibility. Who knows, though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
They get an extra day, but not because they're working on something. It just means that the original agreed upon date in the MOU changed and the change seemingly wasn't widely made known to writers/the public. Hence the confusion.
I know I had seen the date of the 7th reported by a few people on Twitter. IDK how some people got the memo and some didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad