Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Any interest in bringing in Jack Johnson as veteran LD depth? After getting rid of Staal we really only have Brendan Smith that fills that role and he's not exactly considered one of the team leaders nor will he necessarily even be on the team to start the year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don’t think that’s fair at all. Twitter is a much larger pool of anonymous users. This is a much smaller population. You can be better than that and control yourself. If you know the ITK is getting heat, don’t push buttons. Don’t tag them, don’t bring their info to the main board/trade board. Keep it in house. It’s not that hard.
If people have "insider information" that could truly jeopardize a source, it's incumbent upon them to act with discretion. If you actually have knowledge, and posting it could get someone in trouble, and you post it anyway, that's not the fault of anyone on HF for posting it on a different board or hounding you or whatever. That's your choice to put it out there. If someone is getting heat they shouldn't post, or if they do, they assume the risk.

90% of what's posted is BS, I can tell you, but that's a separate discussion.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I understand the logic of trying to build a team around two star centers like the Penguins have done so successfully.

But if you go that route, you're going to have to let guys like Panarin, Kreider, a lot of the high paid wingers go eventually. The hypothetical finagling to keep Zibanejad is going to lead to the departures of good players at the wing and defensive position.

Reactions: kovazub94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why haven't they qualified Strome?
Brooks wrote what I've seen written elsewhere, regarding Strome and the situation with him being arbitraiton-eligible:

"Those numbers would likely elevate Strome, who had a cap hit of $3.1 million last season, into the realm of the $4.75 million neighborhood.

That would likely be too rich for the Rangers, even if they do have the space under the cap to accommodate it. Remember, too, that Strome is a season away from unrestricted free agency, so we’re probably talking about No. 16 becoming a trade-deadline rental property.

And yes, the Rangers would have walk-away rights, but only if the award is above $4,538,958. That could be close to the award if the arbiter goes low. It is unlikely the Blueshirts would extend a QO without being comfortable having the power to walk away from it."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/04/rangers-have-huge-ryan-strome-decision-to-make-as-deadline-nears/

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Brooks wrote what I've seen written elsewhere, regarding Strome and the situation with him being arbitraiton-eligible:

"Those numbers would likely elevate Strome, who had a cap hit of $3.1 million last season, into the realm of the $4.75 million neighborhood.

That would likely be too rich for the Rangers, even if they do have the space under the cap to accommodate it. Remember, too, that Strome is a season away from unrestricted free agency, so we’re probably talking about No. 16 becoming a trade-deadline rental property.

And yes, the Rangers would have walk-away rights, but only if the award is above $4,538,958. That could be close to the award if the arbiter goes low. It is unlikely the Blueshirts would extend a QO without being comfortable having the power to walk away from it."

https://nypost.com/2020/10/04/rangers-have-huge-ryan-strome-decision-to-make-as-deadline-nears/

Thanks. But couldn't we just accept the award and then trade him for whatever we can get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad