Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
San Jose is tanking right? Like on what planet with all the good goalies avail does it make sense to go Dubnyk Jones

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
San Jose is tanking right? Like on what planet with all the good goalies avail does it make sense to go Dubnyk Jones

On zero of the planets.

On the bright side they did get a 5th round pick 3 drafts from now for their trouble.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
We cannot go into the year with Howden as the 3c, thats a recipe for disasters. If we do trade Chytil for Eichel we'd need to figure out some alternative.
If we somehow get Eichel and Chytil is a part of the deal, plus deal Strome, we will be complaining all season long that we don't have a 3C and that's why we are losing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Unless they're living in a 2015 reality I don't know how they could expect that (plus most of their roster) to be anything other than a low end bubble team at best.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All of them are.
Psysk is right sided and was moved to wing at some points this season. Forbot and Hutton has never been better and I think both were on the Kings when Martínez was too. Demelo is another righty.

Rangers need a lefty that can at least be able to fill in on a top pair. Martínez is the only one of those that has shown that.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
If we somehow get Eichel and Chytil is a part of the deal, plus deal Strome, we will be complaining all season long that we don't have a 3C and that's why we are losing.

I dont think he will be. a 1 2 3 of Zib Eichel and Chytil is deep for the next 2 yrs then trade/let Zib walk then move to a 123 of Eichel Chytil Barron

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I'll take that for a season. Finding a 3C is MUCH easier than finding another 1C at 23.

I think people (not you specifically) forget just how young Eichel is. He is a FULL YEAR YOUNGER than DeAngelo.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Psysk is right sided and was moved to wing at some points this season. Forbot and Hutton has never been better and I think both were on the Kings when Martínez was too. Demelo is another righty.

Rangers need a lefty that can at least be able to fill in on a top pair. Martínez is the only one of those that has shown that.

I'll take McNabb if we are taking a Vegas d-man to help them. Hell, I'll take McNabb and Reaves

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They are a mess. Ironically Ottawa destroyed them with the EK trade present and future.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I don't think trading Eichel has to be this "rip the guts out and start over" sort of move. Get some upside in the trade and a couple players who can fill holes on your blue line and in your top-six. Pick off a guy like Schmaltz from Arizona on the cheap. You'll be lacking that elite talent up front but you could be a more balanced team.

Having "will they or won't they trade Eichel" being the headline after every Buffalo loss is a nightmare for a new GM.

More for ownership I think. Look they tried to build around stars, and you can do that when you are destination city. When you are not, said star cannot bring players to your Market. Five years later with Jack, the best players that they had are the ones that they had to trade for. That's what killed their depth.

They have a second shot at it with Dahlin. As I posted before, an Eichel trade erases all of the sins. Josh Allen wasn't a big name either, and he was no Kyler Murray to the Cardinals. But on BUF, he's a top talent that's leading his team.

If you are going to get say 5 players that can play and play well for you, and get more points than Eichel could produce alone, a better team defense, perhaps even goaltending. That's going to get you closer to having that team around Dahlin. All of the players that Dahlin came up with are a few years behind the ones that Eichel came up with, and if you have a team around them, then you have a collection of talent and youth that are going to be with your organization for a while.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'll take McNabb if we are taking a Vegas d-man to help them. Hell, I'll take McNabb and Reaves
So would I honestly. But I’m taking Martínez too. People can’t separate 2014 from him and it’s effecting perception; same with Tyler Johnson, but in the other direction

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
You may have 2 top 5 centers the way Zib is developing, but I do understand K27s point. The idea is to win a championship and construct a well balanced team that is built for a playoff run, not just destroy the offensive record books. But hell, you may achieve both...
The Rangers 2nd PP unit would be better than most team's 1st PP unit. It wouldn't be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad