Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not a terrible buyout for Pitt other than the years. 6 for them but it’s not a big hit per season. That’s the right move he’s really really bad

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Montreal doesn’t lose one of suzuki KK or Romanov plus their first holy crap

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Laine to Montreal it looks like

how exciting if the Habs have Laine at RW on line q and Cole Caufield at RW on line 2.

They can each net 40 goals by shooting from their own blue line and finish the season a combine -180 plus/minus

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
Oh i thought it was hilarious too. Just for different reasons. Check out the soccer page. Some Chelsea fans there too. But I think a lot of the Chelsea fans are also Devils fans.

Don’t want to detract from the Rangers discussion too much but yeah - There are obviously teams that I like more than other teams (Man U is my most hated too) but I don’t fault any North American fan for choosing the team that they did. I started up watching in 2002 because I worked at a summer camp and my room mate was an Irish guy who was a big Liverpool fan and was excited about a new player that was coming in. I didn’t really have an in for European soccer at that point but soccer has quickly become my second favorite sport to hockey.
Shame on any Chelsea fan who supports the Debbies.

I am actually a European fan, not North American. And I started rooting for both Chelsea and NYR around the same time because of my countrymen (Petr Čech and Jágr respectively) playing an important part at that time.

Anyway, to get back on track: I actually feel like the Eichel trade is going to go down or is at least a really serious possibility at the moment. I think that with the culture in the NHL being really tight-lipped in these sort of situations (and with NHL players being generally quite respectful to their current teams, i. e. not throwing public tantrums everytime they dislike something - like Lias did) , there have been too many reputable sources hinting at this for it be just an obscure hypothetical scenario.

With that being said, I am not so sure I like this. I mean, the attacking talent on the roster would be insane, border line all star even. But I am quite afraid we would tehn be forced to contend asap, which could then significantly shorten our window. I am really afraid of another Maple Leafs scenario.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If Eichel is brought in it's almost guaranteed that Zibanejad is moved before he needs a new contract in two years. In this regard I'm really hoping that Chytil is not part of the deal. I love Buchnevich but if there's a choice between the two - I hope Gorton is able to sell Sabres to take Buch and continue to wait until Chytil is full fledged 2C in two years or less.

ADA, Strome, Buchnevich + Jones, 22OA and next years 1st rounder please

Reactions: mas0764

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kind of silly for "ITK" people to think they can post rumors, cryptic or specific, and not have people hounding them for more. Have you seen Twitter? It's not going to be different here.
I don’t think that’s fair at all. Twitter is a much larger pool of anonymous users. This is a much smaller population. You can be better than that and control yourself. If you know the ITK is getting heat, don’t push buttons. Don’t tag them, don’t bring their info to the main board/trade board. Keep it in house. It’s not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad