Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Is there something new on the Eichel rumors or are we still regurgitating the same story that had legs for 10 minutes a week ago?

Herman tweet and an article from Sportsnet.
Also, @Edge reporting that the Rangers provided the Sabres with a list of names they'd be willing to discuss, which is by far the bigger news, IMO.

Note that he did not say anything was imminent at the time – but still interesting that it went beyond "the Sabres made an absurd ask and the conversation ended."

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Also, @Edge reporting that the Rangers provided the Sabres with a list of names they'd be willing to discuss, which is by far the bigger news, IMO.

Note that he did not say anything was imminent at the time – but still interesting that it went beyond "the Sabres made an absurd ask and the conversation ended."

So now we're speculating on which names were included?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Let’s see. Basically the logic is the team isn’t going to promote a player on social media only to move them right after.
Well, it isn’t always a perfect world. I remember being at a draft party at The Garden many years ago when upcoming stars Dan Cloutier and Niklas Sundstrom were the guests of honor. At some point they were pulled off the stage and informed that they had just been traded.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

That doesn’t mean anything. Teams do that all the time. Seems normal

Kaapo Bustfreniere

Jun 21, 2019
There are a few HFNYR LFC fans. Yesterday was one of the weirdest games. I don’t think if that game is played 1000 times, that result happens again, and it was also the least angry I’ve been after a big loss.

it was like a video game, where you win too many in a row and the computer decides that there is no way that you are winning. Errors from the Backup Goalie three deflections into the net. That stuff never happens at that scale. Really crazy.
Yeah I know, it just all went wrong for Liverpool, lots of unlucky bounces, I will give you that. I still thought it was hillarious. :D

As a Chelsea fan, I don't really hate any of the Premier League rivals other than Man United (football version of NJ Devils, even their nickname checks out). And I was always quite fond of Liverpool. But recently, I have really grown to detest Klopp. What a vindictive little man when things don't go his way for a change. And I really used to like him.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I just hope a deal for a center comes down. That way we can probably put Eichel to bed for now. I think a lot of this talk is probably because the Rangers know that the time is ticking on their next move and some moves prohibit others. I'm sure they'd like to get closer to Eichel, but in reality we'll probably net ourselves a lesser but still fitting 2C in the coming(hours?)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well, it isn’t always a perfect world. I remember being at a draft party at The Garden many years ago when Dan Cloutier and Niklas Sundstrom were the guests of honor. At some point they were pulled off the stage and informed that they had just been traded.
Oh for sure. It’s not an infallible theory but just something I keep an eye on. Also moving Cloutier and Sundstrom in that manner would have be easier to pull off in the 90s than in the 2020s

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The cap shouldn't be much of a concern this year if the deals are as follows:

ADA + prospects/picks for Eichel

Strome for picks

Georgiev for picks

Beyond that they should be able to back-fill. Next year there shouldn't be any issues either. It's that 3rd year where Zibanejad, Fox and Kaako are UFA/RFA's. They can always squeeze the RFA's a bit and kick the can down the road and lots can change between now and then. If you have the opportunity to get Eichel and play either Zib or Eichel as 2C it's a must.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Is there something new on the Eichel rumors or are we still regurgitating the same story that had legs for 10 minutes a week ago?

Edge said they are still talking earlier in this thread, and that Kakko and Lafreniere were off the table, but the other usual suspects are on the table (Chytil, Kravtsov, Miller, ADA etc)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I know, it just all went wrong for Liverpool, lots of unlucky bounces, I will give you that. I still thought it was hillarious. :D

As a Chelsea fan, I don't really hate any of the Premier League rivals other than Man United (football version of NJ Devils, even their nickname checks out). And I was always quite fond of Liverpool. But recently, I have really grown to detest Klopp. What a vindictive little man when things don't go his way for a change. And I really used to like him.
Oh i thought it was hilarious too. Just for different reasons. Check out the soccer page. Some Chelsea fans there too. But I think a lot of the Chelsea fans are also Devils fans.

Don’t want to detract from the Rangers discussion too much but yeah - There are obviously teams that I like more than other teams (Man U is my most hated too) but I don’t fault any North American fan for choosing the team that they did. I started up watching in 2002 because I worked at a summer camp and my room mate was an Irish guy who was a big Liverpool fan and was excited about a new player that was coming in. I didn’t really have an in for European soccer at that point but soccer has quickly become my second favorite sport to hockey.

Reactions: jagr2005

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Buch + Tony + Kravtsov/Chytil + 22 is as good as it should get honestly.
Agree, that seems like the value that should be on the table. It's funny because you'd assume that the team with the franchise 23 year old center would have all the leverage, but no team in the league is banking their future on being able to trade for him. That was in no one's plans, as such, who's really desperate? If he's laying the heat on the Sabres the last thing they can do is wait for him to publicly demand a trade. Then a lot of value disappears.

The Rangers surely aren't desperate for him. If they don't land Eichel, it's on to the next option.

Reactions: LaffyTaffy

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Edge said they are still talking earlier in this thread, and that Kakko and Lafreniere were off the table, but the other usual suspects are on the table (Chytil, Kravtsov, Miller, ADA etc)

I think he said they weren't talking, to the best of his knowledge, but he wouldn't be surprised if conversations started again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad