Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Let’s see. Basically the logic is the team isn’t going to promote a player on social media only to move them right after.

Also, usually in soccer every team does a kit (jersey) reveal, and if a player is leaving they won’t be in the photo shoot. I saw the Flames jersey release today and it was only Giordano, which is fine, but was hoping there would be some more on there for hints.
Yeah, and if we want to talk about what it means that Lindgren is on there and DeAngelo and Strome aren't, I'm game. Want to talk about who is pictured more prominently and you're losing me.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Being at work today is unbearable.

Between that super cryptic "trust the process " tweet and BBKers' little nugget that something is imminent, I'm scared.

Eichel is too obvious. I think something totally out there is going to happen, not necessarily something that has been discussed here ad nauseum.

Trust the process sounds like "Hey, we're making the pick and WON't be doing anything major" to me.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, and if we want to talk about what it means that Lindgren is on there and DeAngelo and Strome aren't, I'm game. Want to talk about who is pictured more prominently and you're losing me.
Maybe prominently wasn’t the right word. Just wanted to highlight that he is on there.

Reactions: Thirty One

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yes exactly and guess what.... The Pegula Model is working brilliantly for the Bills, they've made billions and reinvested it into a community. They should hang their heads high. It's just that maybe Eich isn't their Josh Allen, and BUF is better off building around Dahlin. A lot of the kids that grew up with Rasmus are good players that haven't made it into the league yet. Dahlin was just ahead of the curve. They should be coming up now, so it's the right time to transition.

It's not often that a team has another franchise player to take on that role. We saw what Heiskanen just did. BUF needs depth. If the Eichel deal shores up 60 minutes on teh back, 22+ on the backend, and gets you top 6 and top 9 assets plus the futures that fit Dahlin's timeframe. You have a team. You have a team where those roster slots are filled up, and you don't have worry about guys not wanting to go to BUF so the Pegula's aren't wasting any more dollars paying a premium for bottom tier free agents, and trading picks to fill up bodies.

If I were the Pegulas' I'd point at the Bills undefeated record and say, that's what a team is all about. The star power moves with Kane, O'Reilly, Skinner didn't work. Signing big names who weren't on top of people's list like Okposo, and even their depth signings didn't really work. They just

I'll take Eich just the way he is over in NYR. He'd look really good in that classic blue and white.

Yeah I don't think trading Eichel has to be this "rip the guts out and start over" sort of move. Get some upside in the trade and a couple players who can fill holes on your blue line and in your top-six. Pick off a guy like Schmaltz from Arizona on the cheap. You'll be lacking that elite talent up front but you could be a more balanced team.

Having "will they or won't they trade Eichel" being the headline after every Buffalo loss is a nightmare for a new GM.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Trust the process sounds like "Hey, we're making the pick and WON't be doing anything major" to me.
I hope so. I think taking on Eichel and his salary is a terrible move. We'd be the 2000's Ottawa Senators with Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, and nothing after that all over again.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Rangers aren't going to throw away a year waiting for Eichel. That is insane. As a GM, there is too much out of your control and you could end up with nothing. If Gorton did this I would hope he is fired immediately, JD as well if he condoned it.

Completely agree. In a year Gorton might not have pieces he's got to work with now.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Look I would love to have Eichel. I’m not trying to criticize fans because i completely understand the thought of having him Would be terrific . But if you think you’re getting him without including one of Laf or Kakko you’re gonna be disappointed. I’m just being honest. If it was that easy to get him he would be a Ranger. Maybe in the future it could be revisited if they get desperate but for right now the cost would be astronomical.

I disagree that either LAF or Kakko have to be included for it to work. We have a lot of picks and prospects to offer without those 2 to make the deal work although it will be a very high cost which I'm not sure I want them to do.

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Isn't your favorite team Liverpool? And I thought us drawing with WBA 3:3 wqs bad. But yesterday got me in stitches. :D:naughty:
There are a few HFNYR LFC fans. Yesterday was one of the weirdest games. I don’t think if that game is played 1000 times, that result happens again, and it was also the least angry I’ve been after a big loss.

it was like a video game, where you win too many in a row and the computer decides that there is no way that you are winning. Errors from the Backup Goalie three deflections into the net. That stuff never happens at that scale. Really crazy.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Is there something new on the Euchel rumors or are we still regurgitating the same story that had legs for 10 minutes a week ago?
I think our fanbase gets excited every time a star player and our team get mentioned in a rumor which I understand. But logically the odds of it happening are very slim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad