Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIII - As the bell tolls, who will stay who will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I have learned literally nothing from soccer.
The Rangers would like a soccer system in the NHL. No cap, you can pay money in traded, no draft, you just get players from the academy ir from another academy when they sign their first profissional contract...
We would be the Real Madrid of the NHL... One Man can dream.

Oh, and no more tanking, relegation system in place.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, I'm open to your counter point insofar as you have one...
Once I stopped watching MLS and started watching the European leagues it opened my eyes. The level of play is exponentially better. That’s what will get you hooked. Also the soccer page on this site is surprisingly good.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Such an uncomfortable situation for a rookie GM to have to deal with this. I'm not suggesting that he's going to automatically screw it up or that teams will automatically be able to take advantage of them, just pointing out that this is a difficult situation for seasoned GM, let alone a rookie guy.

However, if Buffalo we're going to trade him this would probably the most perfect situation for an ownership group to facilitate a trade. A new GM with potentially a new vision for the team, or rookie GM that maybe didn't make the best trade in the world and can become a scapegoat. Either way ownership has the opportunity to kick this guy into the curb if whatever trade they make doesn't work out

Yes exactly and guess what.... The Pegula Model is working brilliantly for the Bills, they've made billions and reinvested it into a community. They should hang their heads high. It's just that maybe Eich isn't their Josh Allen, and BUF is better off building around Dahlin. A lot of the kids that grew up with Rasmus are good players that haven't made it into the league yet. Dahlin was just ahead of the curve. They should be coming up now, so it's the right time to transition.

It's not often that a team has another franchise player to take on that role. We saw what Heiskanen just did. BUF needs depth. If the Eichel deal shores up 60 minutes on teh back, 22+ on the backend, and gets you top 6 and top 9 assets plus the futures that fit Dahlin's timeframe. You have a team. You have a team where those roster slots are filled up, and you don't have worry about guys not wanting to go to BUF so the Pegula's aren't wasting any more dollars paying a premium for bottom tier free agents, and trading picks to fill up bodies.

If I were the Pegulas' I'd point at the Bills undefeated record and say, that's what a team is all about. The star power moves with Kane, O'Reilly, Skinner didn't work. Signing big names who weren't on top of people's list like Okposo, and even their depth signings didn't really work. They just

I'll take Eich just the way he is over in NYR. He'd look really good in that classic blue and white.

Reactions: Trxjw

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm totally game for reading too far into things, but this is too much for me.
Let’s see. Basically the logic is the team isn’t going to promote a player on social media only to move them right after.

Also, usually in soccer every team does a kit (jersey) reveal, and if a player is leaving they won’t be in the photo shoot. I saw the Flames jersey release today and it was only Giordano, which is fine, but was hoping there would be some more on there for hints.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yes exactly and guess what.... The Pegula Model is working brilliantly for the Bills, they've made billions and reinvested it into a community. They should hang their heads high. It's just that maybe Eich isn't their Josh Allen, and BUF is better off building around Dahlin. A lot of the kids that grew up with Rasmus are good players that haven't made it into the league yet. Dahlin was just ahead of the curve. They should be coming up now, so it's the right time to transition.

It's not often that a team has another franchise player to take on that role. We saw what Heiskanen just did. BUF needs depth. If the Eichel deal shores up 60 minutes on teh back, 22+ on the backend, and gets you top 6 and top 9 assets plus the futures that fit Dahlin's timeframe. You have a team. You have a team where those roster slots are filled up, and you don't have worry about guys not wanting to go to BUF so the Pegula's aren't wasting any more dollars paying a premium for bottom tier free agents, and trading picks to fill up bodies.

If I were the Pegulas' I'd point at the Bills undefeated record and say, that's what a team is all about. The star power moves with Kane, O'Reilly, Skinner didn't work. Signing big names who weren't on top of people's list like Okposo, and even their depth signings didn't really work. They just

I'll take Eich just the way he is over in NYR. He'd look really good in that classic blue and white.

That team has things that they can do to rebuild properly. The fact that they Dahlin is HUGE. What they need to do is build depth and add picks/prospects who can come up together.

It's ironic, some teams get their star players towards the beginning of their rebuild and those players almost drag the team into perpetual mediocrity. Eichel and McDavid being good examples. Some teams get their star players towards the end of their rebuilds and it propels them to the next level. See TB with Hedman and the Rangers with Lafreniere.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I think as soon as a Calgary deal is announced we would have our answer about Eichel. So I am refreshing Twitter every 5 seconds looking for a trade to give us an idea of other conversations that are going on. If Eichel talks are still not dead then obviously we can't make any deals with Calgary.

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad