Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Neither Buchnevich nor Kreider gets any of those guys. He is a non starter in Montreal for obviously reasons. Anaheim just promoted their AHL coach, so I doubt they move Steel (also Steel is very good) Florida supposedly thinks the world of Heponiemi. Maybe you could make a play for Borgstrom, but he isn't exactly proven either. It's tough to find a right move. If the Rangers are going to get a Center it will probably be for draft assets as opposed to rental Kreider or Buchnevich

Either gets Heponiemi.

Agreed on the other 2 though.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I wouldn’t say you’re a nuisance, you’re just incorrect - both times.
You said McKenzie said Kreider to Boston was all but done. I asked where did he say that. You said you believed he tweeted that the morning of the draft. I said he didn't. You went silent. Today you instead chose the wording "linked to".

Greg asked if we were really complaining about Panarin's english. I said, no, it didn't look like it, as I didn't see any of the posters here (the "we" in that sentence) complaining about it.

Clearly two big L's for me.

We done here?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Two ongoing conversations were with Edmonton and Colorado respectively.

Edmonton revolved around Buch for the 8th pick. It also, at various points, included talk about moving Names and JP in an expanded deal.

Colorado revolved around Kreider and the 16th pick, with Kaut being a name that came up at different times.
you mean we could have come out of the draft with Kakko, Zegras and Newhook? My goodness. Now I'm depressed.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
At this point, it may be better just to get draft picks. Assess the team throughout the year and go from there. For all we know Chytil, Lias, Howden and Strome could take major steps.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Either gets Heponiemi.
No it doesn't. Florida rates him very highly.

Quotes from Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon

"On how he feels about the team after today - “I feel really good about our team. Starting with coaching, now goaltending and all the way up through. Coming off Development Camp, all the depth we have in the organization we are really excited about not only the present now but the future as well. We didn’t really block any of our young guys with long term deals so that was a thought process as well. With (Grigori) Denisenko, (Aleksi) Heponiemi and (Owen) Tippett and all these kids we didn’t want to block them out of a possible chance to play. It’s all positive for us, we thought we had a great day and we look forward to the challenges of moving up and making the playoffs.”

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
At this point, it may be better just to get draft picks. Assess the team throughout the year and go from there. For all we know Chytil, Lias, Howden and Strome could take major steps.

Yeah picks and prospects for Kreider or anyone they trade away is the way to go unless someone wants to do something dumb.

Reactions: jas

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No it doesn't. Florida rates him very highly.

Quotes from Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon

"On how he feels about the team after today - “I feel really good about our team. Starting with coaching, now goaltending and all the way up through. Coming off Development Camp, all the depth we have in the organization we are really excited about not only the present now but the future as well. We didn’t really block any of our young guys with long term deals so that was a thought process as well. With (Grigori) Denisenko, (Aleksi) Heponiemi and (Owen) Tippett and all these kids we didn’t want to block them out of a possible chance to play. It’s all positive for us, we thought we had a great day and we look forward to the challenges of moving up and making the playoffs.”

A team that already has a trio of centers performing at the NHL level, is looking to make waves right now is going to hold onto a 150 lb center over making substantial immediate improvements? Sorry, not buying it.

I have no doubt that they're high on him. I also know that they have an owner that wants to win now.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’ve been slowly coming around to the idea/hope that 2017 was our center draft. We’re going to need to hope that Lias and Chytil look better with more skill around them than they did in last year’s mess.

I was all aboard the Newhook hype train, but is he really a significantly better prospect than those two guys?

I'm hoping that chytil, andersson and howden all spend a good amount of time this summer with prentiss...I think adding strength as they grow into men will go a long way in them potentially taking the next step

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
A team that already has a trio of centers performing at the NHL level, is looking to make waves right now is going to hold onto a 150 lb center over making substantial immediate improvements? Sorry, not buying it.

I have no doubt that they're high on him. I also know that they have an owner that wants to win now.
Teams tend to hold onto their centers. It doesn't hurt them to hang on to him. Its not happening. You can move Kreider there for a 1st maybe, and then use some draft capital at the deadline.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I have not read this entire thread and so pardon me if this has been discussed.

Would it not be in our best interests to keep Kreider as long as possible this season and than if we can't work anything out, trade him at the deadline? One would think we could definitely get a #1 pick and more from someone.

Question as well for some of you capologists in here: Is there anyway at all for us to sign Kreider to let's say a 7 for 7 type of deal kind of like the one Anders Lee signed and still do what we need to do as far as signing Trouba long term?

Now I now that would mean likely trading Buch and Names and maybe doing a buyout of Smith but I think I'd be OK with that considering what we have in the pipeline.

Just curious if there is any scenario where we could somehow keep Kreider seeing I think he'd be a heck of player to be on the same line as Panarin and he has some great chemistry with Mika and he's one of our few physical type players.

Reactions: JC704

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
OF COURSE a full NMC. Why any other way??

how many 7+ year big $$ contracts don't have a NMC? excluding the ones that its not allowed cause they are rfa years. its an automatic on a deal this size

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I have not read this entire thread and so pardon me if this has been discussed.

Would it not be in our best interests to keep Kreider as long as possible this season and than if we can't work anything out, trade him at the deadline? One would think we could definitely get a #1 pick and more from someone.

Question as well for some of you capologists in here: Is there anyway at all for us to sign Kreider to let's say a 7 for 7 type of deal kind of like the one Anders Lee signed and still do what we need to do as far as signing Trouba long term?

Now I now that would mean likely trading Buch and Names and maybe doing a buyout of Smith but I think I'd be OK with that considering what we have in the pipeline.

Just curious if there is any scenario where we could somehow keep Kreider seeing I think he'd be a heck of player to be on the same line as Panarin and he has some great chemistry with Mika and he's one of our few physical type players.

After signing trouba we will have maybe 2m in cap space. We still have to sign buch, DeAngelo, and lemieux. Only way we could keep krieder is if we trade namestikov and buy someone out. I'm not interested in having dead cap space in the years that we will actually be competing. Plus krieder not being moved now could hurt his value if he gets hurt or plays like shit. I'm in the camp of moving names and krieder for picks and prospects. We won't be able to keep krieder after this season so what's the point of keeping him through the year? He wants and will get a deal just like Lee 7yrs 7aav and I dont want to pay him that kind of money when he is in his mid 30's and when honestly he is invisible a lot on the ice.

Reactions: egelband

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
wow, i was looking at who the Rangers missed out on in the four years they didn't have a 1st and it wasn't much. Granted teams always over look players but anyways, posting to recap the Rick Nash trade as it relates to our roster build

Nash + 2nd (Jonny Tychonick)
for
Lindgren, Strome, Riley Hughes, K'Andre Miller, & Cap dump Belesky

EDIT - since the 2nd came from the Grabner trade, it's really

Grabner + Nash
for
Rykov, Lindgren, Strome, Riley Hughes, K'Andre Miller, & Cap dump Belesky

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
how many 7+ year big $$ contracts don't have a NMC? excluding the ones that its not allowed cause they are rfa years. its an automatic on a deal this size
Pretty sure the mass signing bonus structure to the cap hit also helps the players in case of a lockout.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
After signing trouba we will have maybe 2m in cap space. We still have to sign buch, DeAngelo, and lemieux. Only way we could keep krieder is if we trade namestikov and buy someone out. I'm not interested in having dead cap space in the years that we will actually be competing. Plus krieder not being moved now could hurt his value if he gets hurt or plays like ****. I'm in the camp of moving names and krieder for picks and prospects. We won't be able to keep krieder after this season so what's the point of keeping him through the year? He wants and will get a deal just like Lee 7yrs 7aav and I dont want to pay him that kind of money when he is in his mid 30's and when honestly he is invisible a lot on the ice.

Thanks and you make some good points. I just noticed as well that there is a thread on this very same subject and so I'll take this over there...thx again

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so when it comes to impacting the development of the kids and how panarin & zibanejad effect them....obviously they take away alot of pressure and attention and allows them to develop....but which scenario do you think is better for the development of guys like kakko & kravtsov (once they are ready for top 6 minutes obviously)

1) playing on a line with panarin and/or zibanejad so they are playing with elite players...but the kid might potentially be a 'passenger' on the line

2) playing on a separate line so panarin/zibanejd help create easier match ups but when on the ice kravtsov/kakko are forced to drive the play more and can't just rely on the superstar linemates?

scenario 1 they will put up alot more points...but in terms of develping into elite top line players themselves? my initial thought was better to play with them...but maybe scenario #2 is better early on and then switch to #1 when they are ready to face tougher match ups??

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Pretty sure the mass signing bonus structure to the cap hit also helps the players in case of a lockout.

yes signing bonuses are lockout protection...panarin will get paid his signing bonus on 7/1 no matter what. If there is a lockout and a season is lost he only loses his $1 mil base salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad