Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I really felt strongly that they would add a top6 C prospect this draft... Whether it was Zegras or Newhook.

Is there a plan C?

Going back to Colorado... did they balk at #16 AND Kaut... Would they do Newhook and a mid pick?
This is what I’ve been wondering.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’ve been slowly coming around to the idea/hope that 2017 was our center draft. We’re going to need to hope that Lias and Chytil look better with more skill around them than they did in last year’s mess.

I was all aboard the Newhook hype train, but is he really a significantly better prospect than those two guys?

Reactions: Leetch3

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really felt strongly that they would add a top6 C prospect this draft... Whether it was Zegras or Newhook.

Is there a plan C?

Going back to Colorado... did they balk at #16 AND Kaut... Would they do Newhook and a mid pick?
I think that door is closed. That deal also makes no sense. They kept 16 to draft Newhook, and now they want to trade him less than two weeks later? Come on people

Reactions: bl02

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I’ve been slowly coming around to the idea/hope that 2017 was our center draft. We’re going to need to hope that Lias and Chytil look better with more skill around them than they did in last year’s mess.

I was all aboard the Newhook hype train, but is he really a significantly better prospect than those two guys?
Andersson? Yes. Chytil? No.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Is there a plan C?

No one can say they didn’t thoroughly explore a lot of scenarios.

Colorado was somewhat hesitant about moving 16 in this draft. When Newhook was on the board, the conversation was basically over. I don’t see them moving him now.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I see Chytil as a top6 center when Zibs becomes a UFA. Having another one in the wings would be nice. Lias and Howden could still be those guys, complimented by talented wingers.

Barkov will be a UFA the same time as Zibs :naughty: Let Kakko lay the foundation for that over WC's and Olympics. He'll be 28 though

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I really dont think Chytil is a C. Lias I think is a C, but hasn't shown he can handle a top 6 role yet.

Strome is going to be a stopgap at 2C. The Rangers will probably give Chytil, Lias, Howden; maybe they try Kravtsov there, some reps but if that doesn't work out, I think they start looking that player as early as the trade deadline.

I think in between now and the start of the season they are going to more focused on outgoing than incoming so they can clear Cap

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I see Chytil as a top6 center when Zibs becomes a UFA. Having another one in the wings would be nice. Lias and Howden could still be those guys, complimented by talented wingers.

Projecting too far down the line tbh. By that point, knock on wood 93 is coming off a third consecutive AS season. Lias and/or Howden may be as relevant as Oscar Lindberg. Two years ago we had Nik Jensen, Josh Jooris, Brandon Pirri, Matt Puempel...2 years ago.

Too much changes month to month, forget year to year.

Projections do not play out like a video game simulator in which you’re leaping four years ahead.

Enjoy the ride.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Heponiemi, Steel and Poehling? Would FLA, ANA or MTL be interested in Kreider or Buch?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm totally okay with this. You get the younger, cheaper RH alternative. COL gets a guy who can expand their window open more effectively.
Where exactly is there room for Kaut on the roster? With Panarin, there is Kakko, Kratvsov, Chytil, Buchnevich, maybe Lias for 3 spots in the top six, assuming Kreider gets traded. Kaut is not better than any of those players. Who is he jumping? There isnt exactly a veteran up there who is going to funnel out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Heponiemi, Steel and Poehling? Would FLA, ANA or MTL be interested in Kreider or Buch?
Neither Buchnevich nor Kreider gets any of those guys. He is a non starter in Montreal for obviously reasons. Anaheim just promoted their AHL coach, so I doubt they move Steel (also Steel is very good) Florida supposedly thinks the world of Heponiemi. Maybe you could make a play for Borgstrom, but he isn't exactly proven either. It's tough to find a right move. If the Rangers are going to get a Center it will probably be for draft assets as opposed to rental Kreider or Buchnevich

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
How many teams have cap space after signing their RFAs? Colorado, Columbus. Buffalo, NJ, Ottawa, Philly, Montreal, and the Kings.

How many have a need for CK, Names, or anyone else that we're trying to peddle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad