Speculation: Roster Building Thread LVI: Artemi, where art thou? In NY.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Strome's production was pretty much in line with a lot of these guys that are in trade proposals. Decent 2nd line center production. He's hit 50 points once. He's still young.

So many UFAs out there. the cap crunch is going to keep a lot of the older guys unemployed. No harm on inviting a Brassard or Lindberg to camp on a PTO if they're still unsigned by August. Heck, even Marleau has no contract although that will probably change once SJ figures out how much their RFAs are getting.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Larry's on a crusade to get rid of Shattenkirk.

We can easily ride him out for a year as a 6/7 and have an easier time moving him next summer after July 1.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Well Pionk is gone so that's one problem solved. Smith probably isn't there so that's another. Let's say Trouba and Hajek >>>> Pionk and Smith on the PK.

But this is why you bring in a guy like Brian Boyle. Faceoffs, PK, protecting leads. McKeg is going to help with this as well. He was a very effective player for Carolina last year.

Yeah, I liked that McKegg signing. But would life to see more changes.

Names + Fast being moved out would be ideal those summer.

Clear $6.8M

Add in cheap reliable 4th liners.

Boyler might cost too much though.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Ok Francesa :laugh:

Haha, but there still is a portion of the fanbase who fits that bill. You see them at the Garden during random games here and there. I have a very educated friend I grew up with and last time I saw him he was downright pissed the Rangers missed the playoffs for two years, wanted them to make some "94 esque trades" of the young guys and bring in "Noonans and Matteaus." He brought up the one thing that drives me nuts the "but this is New York..." argument. I almost lost it but told him talk to me after July 1st. He's pretty happy with the Trouba and Panarin stuff.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The Rangers problem contracts are:

Shattenkirk
Staal
Namestnikov

In that order.

Smith at 4.35 is actually not an issue.

Those three above MUST get moved so that we can sign all of our guys.

Buyouts are not options as the 2nd year cap hit just make fitting everyone in next year as big a problem as it is today. More so since now guys will have been signed to contracts.

I'm willing to take pennies on the dollar for Shattenkirk. Gimme a 5th/6th/7th rounder for him and hes yours.

Same with Namestnikov

Going to have to bite the bullet on these guys to make room

A Kreider trade is going to have to return picks or bury-able prospects
Disagree. Smiths contract is a bigger issue than Names. For starters he flat out sucks. And he has an extra year on his contract, unlike Names.

Reactions: Avery16

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah the 3 S's are huge issues.

And I'd rank them as such

Staal
Staal again
Staal a third time
Shattenkirk
No Shatty actually goes here after Staal part 4
Smith

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
Would it surprise anyone if someone gave Boyle 2 years @ 3 million or 3.5 million per? Look what Tanev just got. I love the guy and if we had a few million I’d consider it, but we don’t.
Boyle was a thought pre Panarin. Now we need to dump cap.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I could see a Names to Minnesota trade with one of the defense prospects and the Rangers get picks in return.

Names + Ragnarrson/Sjalin

for

2020 7th round pick.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad